North West England
✟8,919.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
i came here before, about 5 or 6 years back. I was in poor shape, back then, dependent on drink and somewhat in despair had turned to the Bible. About a year passed and I'd long since forgotten about Bible studies, but was then able to quit on my own. Perhaps God made me suffer a bit longer, to drive home the message that it was an evil behaviour that had gotten a grip on me. I think if I'd managed to quit then, magically, I'd have been back on it by now. I've not touched any for over 4 years.

Anyway, I do remember I recieved lots of very kind, mature, thoughtful and supportive messages here. I recently decided to resume my Bible Studies and am in a much better place now to do that. I hope to make more of a contribution than I did last time! Outside of Bible Studies, I like camping, reading (mainly about history) and walking my dog.

Looking forward to chatting to you all,

Richard.

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Reactions: yorkie73
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i came here before, about 5 or 6 years back. I was in poor shape, back then, dependent on drink and somewhat in despair had turned to the Bible. About a year passed and I'd long since forgotten about Bible studies, but was then able to quit on my own. Perhaps God made me suffer a bit longer, to drive home the message that it was an evil behaviour that had gotten a grip on me. I think if I'd managed to quit then, magically, I'd have been back on it by now. I've not touched any for over 4 years.

Anyway, I do remember I recieved lots of very kind, mature, thoughtful and supportive messages here. I recently decided to resume my Bible Studies and am in a much better place now to do that. I hope to make more of a contribution than I did last time! Outside of Bible Studies, I like camping, reading (mainly about history) and walking my dog.

Looking forward to chatting to you all,

Richard.
Hi Richard! So glad to see you back! :)

Reactions: yorkie73
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums