Visit site
✟7,757.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello, I am a long time poster and chatter in many places but I have decided to come here now. I hope to find some civil and intelligent conversation here and provide as best I can :). I would like to meet friends, and I am open to discussion on many topics.
I have no illusions about my being a regular girl, but don't let me scare you! I am not trying, and if what I think seems crazy then I encourage you to prove it to me! Part of my world-view is that it is silly to keep anything that is wrong, regardless of how dear and true it seemed before. Because I was a fool yesterday does not mean I must be a fool today!
Basic Information
Name:
Kathryn, usually Kate. My middle name(s) are Mjallhvít-Álfdís, which is where my profile name is from (see below for why I have such a funny name).
Religion: None. See "philosophy"
Philosophy: Neo-Aristotilean, which means logic-based naturalism arguing the efficacy (though not infallibility) of human reason and knowledge; and the neccessary truth of the principles of reason. Another, which comes from this view, is a Stirnerite egoism, or amoral egoism. As you can tell I like philosophy.
Politics/Economics: Libertarianism; or Consequentialist Free-Market Polycentric Legalist for those picky about that word.

Why My Middle Name are Weird
Mainly it is because my father and grandmother are really interested in geneology and 'cultural' heritage'.
He has a family tree back to 1600-something, all Dane and Swede. On my mother's side, I have a Coptic Egyptian grandfather and a generation Romanian grandmother.
So 50% Danish, 25% Egyptian/Arabic and 25% Romanian. A side effect of this is that nobody can tell my ethnicity except to say, "Really white!" which is funny because it is not entirely true :p
So my mother got to name both me and my brother, on the condition that my father could give us any middle name he wanted. He was not content with a simple "Ilsa", and instead chose Old Norse.
My brother's is a straight forward Hálfdan. It's true enough since he's a half-dane, and at least he can say his middle name is 'Dan'.
I got a name impossible to disguise - Mjallhvít-Álfdís. This has the meaning 'Snow White Elf Goddess', which is at most half true. Once a man from Iceland laughed for like ten minutes because he said even Icelandic girls do not get those names anymore.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:wave:
icon12.gif
Kate,Welcome.
icon12.gif
:wave:

Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi, welcome to the forums!

My name is FaithfulWife and I'm sort of a newbie too! I'll bet you and my dear hubby would have some WONDERFUL discussions as he is also Libertarian (as am I) and an Austrian economist (Anarcho-capitalist). His name is tanelornpete if you ever feel like having a Logic discussion.

Here are a few things on this forum that might be helpful to you:

To get blessings, you can go to the Blessings Exchange forum. We play games and take quizzes to earn blessings!

To get a character, go to the top of this page, sort of in the middle, and click on [Character]. You will need to select a body, hair, eyes, lips, and eyebrows/facial hair. I personally chose NOT to have a beard!

Finally, you might want to look in the Life Stages forums to find a group that fits you. I'm in the Women's Discussion, Marriage Ministry, and Fabulous 40's because as you can see, I'm fabulous and in my 40's!!

If you have any newbie questions you can give me a PM anytime.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ephesians4

Senior Veteran
Sep 26, 2007
www.prayerandsupport.com
Visit site
✟21,923.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome! We're really glad to have you here. Make yourself at home. There's tons to do here -- forums, support groups, games, devotionals, "character" design and much more. It's a fun place!

I'm part of the Prayer Warrior team. I did read your philosophy section, so I know about your Neo-Aristotilean beliefs but do they necessarily negate the existence of God? I've always thought that Plato and Aristotle had a bit of foreknowledge of Christ. :) Anywhoooo, if you'd like to submit prayer requests, just click the "Prayer" button on the top toolbar. We'd be happy to pray for you, your family or friends. Or, just send me a PM. Hey, a little prayer couldn't hurt, right?

If you ever have any questions about Christianity or just want to chat, feel free to PM me anytime.

Have a great day & again...welcome!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums