wiggsfly

Walking the tightrope of life
Nov 20, 2005
✟4,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, its been a while since I've posted. I've moved 4000 miles, taken a new position, and generally been losing my mind. The worst part for me though is my faith has been struggling. The town I've moved to has only one parish with a less-than-charismatic priest, and between that and all the stress I find myself tuning out God.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers. It's been a rough couple of weeks and there are at least a few more to go. I'll need all the help I can get to keep my sanity and my faith intact.

Thank you!

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Well, its been a while since I've posted. I've moved 4000 miles, taken a new position, and generally been losing my mind. The worst part for me though is my faith has been struggling. The town I've moved to has only one parish with a less-than-charismatic priest, and between that and all the stress I find myself tuning out God.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers. It's been a rough couple of weeks and there are at least a few more to go. I'll need all the help I can get to keep my sanity and my faith intact.

Thank you!

:prayer:

Upvote 0

DedicatedLittleFaith

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2006
Quebec,Canada
Visit site
✟28,906.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Thank you!

Welcome back dear friend :hug:

Be assured that you and your family are in my prayers :crossrc:

Upvote 0

WordofGod

True LOVE never Fails and Casts out fear.
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2006
The best country in the world.
✟62,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

Thank you!
The lord gives us the spirit of a sound mind if you lack peace you need to keep your focus on him.:groupray: :crossrc: :amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟445,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Thank you!

So you must be...where?
Eastern states? :)

Anyway, please do not judge the priests less than desirable traits, and please do with what you have. Priests are moved every 6 years. Someone more suitable might come along.

Some priests have different talents than others.:sorry: My parish priest is a lil less conservative than I would like, but I find talking to him and being nice helps me get to know HIM for who he is.

Maybe invite him to dinner. :wave: Have a chat...get to know one another. Priests are pretty lonely.

The main thing you should focus on is Christ and the Eucharist if you still have a problem.

If you want to avoid stumbling.... pray the rosary every single day. It not only fortifies, but your prayers will be answered.

:crossrc: Meantime, I will pray for you. Dont give up hope... many here have you in their prayers.

Upvote 0

wiggsfly

Walking the tightrope of life
Nov 20, 2005
✟4,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all. It's becoming pretty crazy. We actually moved from Maui to the midwest which is hard enough during the summer, but doing it in January has really added to the pressure. On top of it expensive things are still going wrong (I've spent about $2000 in the last couple of days which is more than I make in a month).

As for the parish, it's a college town so I'm looking into any possible campus alternatives. I've been to mass twice here and in both cases it was nothing but a commercial for their "capital campaign." Last Sunday he even turned the gospel from Luke into we should all give a lot of money for their campaign. I've never been part of a parish like this and its a little frustrating.

I really can't thank you all enough for the prayers. With all the stress my OCD has been really bad, but somehow I do think the prayers have helped at least a little.

Upvote 0

HisKid1973

Thank You Jesus For Interceding For Me
Mar 29, 2005
Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for keeping us posted.I just was praying for you..I've been down that ocd road from a stressful job..My the Lord bless you abundantly as you draw closer to Him in this new year..shalom...kim
PS..I tried to pm you but your box is closed.

Upvote 0

NiteClerk

Site Supporter
Nov 30, 2005
there
✟49,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi again,

I first thought your title said you moved 400 miles. I'm thinking "I hope you hit land with that short of a move."

Anyway, have you tried St. Andrews / Father Gary in Murphysboro? Last time I was through the area he had some nice homilies.

Best of luck & prayers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.