up there
✟312,621.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Other than that, we're told to get one of the few vaccines being pushed while all other treatment methods (no matter how effective) are suppressed from even being discussed in public or social media.
Controlling the narrative controls the market.

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,160,968.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Here is something else worth thinking on. Why is it this pandemic going on for so long? To me, there has to be environmental factors involved?

See all what we are seeing with this pandemic is symptom management, but never once have I heard anything about getting to the root problem.

This is what I don't understand.

So what is the problem? Are we looking at something that can survive both inside and outside the body, or something that requires a host to survive? Or are we looking at a combination of both?

See this mentality that people have "just take the vaccine, just get the boosters when they come out" this is not fixing the problem, this is at most symptom management.

So at the end of the day, what is the problem? Why is this pandemic ongoing? There are good valid questions.

Just to somewhat sidetrack, did anyone else hear about the latest in Austria with the vaccine mandate? I came across an article the other day it now official.
According to this How 1918 Flu Pandemic Ended and What It Means for COVID-19 pandemics last two to three and a half years. The 1918 flu lasted 3 years. What we’re seeing is not unusual.

Upvote 0

Bramblewild

Apr 16, 2019
Kentucky
✟47,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another big problem is the lack of early treatment. Hospitals don't want you until you're barely able to breathe. Other than that, we're told to get one of the few vaccines being pushed while all other treatment methods (no matter how effective) are suppressed from even being discussed in public or social media.

Ah, early treatments, or alternative treatments. Dare we mention the words "monoclonal antibodies"? Oh, wait, they've been outlawed. Silly us. Surely big brother gubmnt knows best.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,160,968.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Ah, early treatments, or alternative treatments. Dare we mention the words "monoclonal antibodies"? Oh, wait, they've been outlawed. Silly us. Surely big brother gubmnt knows best.
Huh? A couple were withdrawn because they don’t work well with Omicron, but two are still authorized. COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibodies | CMS

Last edited:
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟255,310.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2nd time doesn't work, need another shot, 3rd time no work need another, 4th time no work, another. There is a pattern here. And the pattern is its not working.
Imagine if I adopted your line of reasoning to the matter of physical exercise. Imagine if I argued that exercise does not work at keeping you fit and improving health because you have to keep exercising over time - you need exercise "boosters".

It is unfortunate, but it appears that covid vaccine boosters are needed, just as such boosters are required for other viruses. You are taking this fact and spinning it into a conspiratorial narrative.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟667,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Imagine if I adopted your line of reasoning to the matter of physical exercise. Imagine if I argued that exercise does not work at keeping you fit and improving health because you have to keep exercising over time - you need exercise "boosters".

It is unfortunate, but it appears that covid vaccine boosters are needed, just as such boosters are required for other viruses. You are taking this fact and spinning it into a conspiratorial narrative.

Yeah, they're working so well, aren't they? More people are dying of Covid each day now than there were before there was any vaccine, or boosters.

Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟63,770.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Stop comparing vaccines to exercise. It is the most absurd comparison there is to date.

Questions need to be asked, but the problem is when people are asking the questions they are not getting the direct answers.

But what we see today, instead is this message "just submit and get the shot". Don't ask questions, "just obey". This is the message.

But for some reason today, when it comes to asking questions about these vaccines, it is comparable to "misinformation".

See the term "vaccine hesitancy" is just another way of referring to a group of people who do not follow blindly, or to a group of people who ask questions and don't take what they are told at face value.

But when you have a system that either threatens people to either get vaccinated or they lose their jobs and other rights, then one has to really ask questions.

But some people will never ask questions, and in this day and age, asking questions seems to be not allowed.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟255,310.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Stop comparing vaccines to exercise. It is the most absurd comparison there is to date.
And, of course, you give the reader no actual reason why the analogy is not appropriate.

But the analogy is bang-on, as should be obvious. You are arguing that there is something to suspicious of in relation to the vaccines since we need multiple boosters.

Well, the exact same pattern applies to exercise - we need "boosters" of exercise to maintain health / fitness. Yet no one in their right mind questions the value of exercise in improving health / fitness simply because we need "boosters".

I can understand why you object to the analogy - it is devastating to your position.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟255,310.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟255,310.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, they're working so well, aren't they? More people are dying of Covid each day now than there were before there was any vaccine, or boosters.
I leave it to the other readers to explain the error of reasoning here.

It is not that hard to find.

Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟63,770.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And, of course, you give the reader no actual reason why the analogy is not appropriate.

But the analogy is bang-on, as should be obvious. You are arguing that there is something to suspicious of in relation to the vaccines since we need multiple boosters.

Well, the exact same pattern applies to exercise - we need "boosters" of exercise to maintain health / fitness. Yet no one in their right mind questions the value of exercise in improving health / fitness simply because we need "boosters".

I can understand why you object to the analogy - it is devastating to your position.

Sorry, but comparing exercise to getting vaccines is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Firstly with exercises, when one exercises one does not put something foreign inside their body (now what supplements or other stuff people take as part of their exercise program that is their choice). Whenever I exercise I know I am not putting something foreign inside my body.

Now with vaccines you are putting something foreign inside your body. I don't know what these vaccines will do to me? And when the people take it they don't know what it will do to them.

What will "boosters on top of boosters" do to said person in the long term? Set them up for more boosters? If some unknown or unforeseen side effect happens we cross that bridge when we come to it? That is unacceptable

I still remember when they first came out "get protected, protect your community, protect your family, get vaccinated" and so on. Back then I don't recall any mention of people needing boosters.

To me, getting vaccinated and constant boosters is more like constantly repairing a leaking ceiling, don't fix the roof (the problem) just keep on patching the ceiling (symptom management).

In the past 2 years all I have seen is symptom management, restrictions, backflips, threats and coercion if people don't agree to get their shots and boosters.

Do you really honestly think this problem is ever gonna be fixed? I am still waiting for a cure for the common cold (and who knows how old that is), and I don't see it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟312,621.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In the past 2 years all I have seen is symptom management, restrictions, backflips, threats and coercion if people don't agree to get their shots and boosters.
Gene therapy is relatively new. They are still building their better mousetrap.

Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟63,770.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gene therapy is relatively new. They are still building their better mousetrap.

I have heard of gene therapy. I question everything today. I just cannot take things at face value no more. We live in times where we are are not told everything.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟255,310.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Questions need to be asked, but the problem is when people are asking the questions they are not getting the direct answers.

But what we see today, instead is this message "just submit and get the shot". Don't ask questions, "just obey". This is the message.

But for some reason today, when it comes to asking questions about these vaccines, it is comparable to "misinformation".

See the term "vaccine hesitancy" is just another way of referring to a group of people who do not follow blindly, or to a group of people who ask questions and don't take what they are told at face value.

But when you have a system that either threatens people to either get vaccinated or they lose their jobs and other rights, then one has to really ask questions.

But some people will never ask questions, and in this day and age, asking questions seems to be not allowed.
This is all exceedingly vague and you provide no evidence to support your implications.

But let's talk about this statement of yours:

But when you have a system that either threatens people to either get vaccinated or they lose their jobs and other rights, then one has to really ask questions

This sounds like some injustice is being perpetrated, but you omit a whole whack of details that are certainly relevant, not least that hospitals are being overwhelmed and people are being denied care.

You do not have a "right" to a job - employers have the right to impose certain conditions on employment. You could use the exact same wording you have used to argue that it would be unfair to fire health care workers who refuse to take a safe vaccine to prevent them from transmitting the bubonic plague to vulnerable patients.

Upvote 0