Sep 27, 2006
California
Visit site
✟15,340.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress. Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only. For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities. Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen. Philippians 4:14-20 NKJV

Generosity doesn't come easy for some. It didn't for a certain rich man in a parable Jesus warned us about earthly wealth in Luke 12:16-20 "Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. And he thought within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?’ So he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods. And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.”’ But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’ " But the Philippians we generous. They assisted Paul with his very needs, although Paul didn't ask for it. Paul was quick to thank them for sending things for him. Paul didn't focus on what he got out of it, his concern was on the Philippians' fruit, that they gave because they wanted to, out of a heart and passion for God's work. Matthew10:42 "And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded."When we give from the place of desire for God's kingdom, we store up treasure in heaven. Jesus taught us in Matthew 18-20 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal." If we keep our focus on heaven, then we won't be preoccupied with all the stuff we can collect on earth.

ChrisCountryGirl

It's better to give than to recieve
May 23, 2006
✟73,071.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress. Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only. For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities. Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen. Philippians 4:14-20 NKJV

Generosity doesn't come easy for some. It didn't for a certain rich man in a parable Jesus warned us about earthly wealth in Luke 12:16-20 "Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. And he thought within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?’ So he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods. And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.”’ But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’ " But the Philippians we generous. They assisted Paul with his very needs, although Paul didn't ask for it. Paul was quick to thank them for sending things for him. Paul didn't focus on what he got out of it, his concern was on the Philippians' fruit, that they gave because they wanted to, out of a heart and passion for God's work. Matthew10:42 "And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded."When we give from the place of desire for God's kingdom, we store up treasure in heaven. Jesus taught us in Matthew 18-20 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal." If we keep our focus on heaven, then we won't be preoccupied with all the stuff we can collect on earth.
Thank you for sharing

Upvote 0