✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ephesians 2:6
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Interesting verse here…seems like we live in 2 places. On the one hand, there is the nasty now and now, which seems all to real at times.

There is also the spiritual dimension where we are risen with Christ. We are walking in the halls of heaven.

Hebrews says we have come to the city of the living God; to Jesus, to the festal gathering of saints, to myriads of angels, even to spirits of men made perfect. The writer says emphatically that “we have come to this place,this spirirtual dimension. One translation says “remember where you stand”. We are there!

Paul prayed that our spiritual eyes would be opened to see it.After all,he was a man who was taken to the third heaven.

Eye has not seen,yet Paul says God reveals these things to us by his Spirit.
Revelation is there for us,God eagerly desires to show us more,things we have never seen before!

The kingdom of God is within,so ,apparently a dimension is in us now,accessable by going within.,and getting in touch with Christ within.

Jesus said,I am the door..

Door to what?:)

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said,I am the door..

Door to what?:)

The door is an interesting study.

To the church of Philadelphia, Jesus says, "I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name." To these people who have kept His word and not denied His name, the door is open.

To the Laodiceans he says, "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot" and "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." To these people, the door is closed. Notice, its up to the individual to open the door.

The first is a sign to the saved of the church. The door has been opened and no one has the power to close it again (OSAS, but that's another post). The second the door has never been open. These are not saved people because Jesus is not among them, He is outside. Remember, Jesus said that if two or more gather in His name, He will be in the midst of them, the exact opposite of what is happening here.

John 10:9 "I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus is the door of the sheep. We(born again ones) are the sheep. We have to go thru the door(Jesus) to be sheep(born again ones).

Jn 10:7
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
KJV

Once a person goes in(born again) then he goes out with Jesus(word) which leads to green pastures.

Jn 10:9
I am the door : by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
KJV

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus is the door of the sheep. We(born again ones) are the sheep. We have to go thru the door(Jesus) to be sheep(born again ones).

Jn 10:7
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
KJV

Once a person goes in(born again) then he goes out with Jesus(word) which leads to green pastures.

Jn 10:9
I am the door : by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
KJV
Yes,I love the green pastures verse!
he leads the sheep to good food!:)

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

To the church of Philadelphia, Jesus says, "I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name." To these people who have kept His word and not denied His name, the door is open.

To the Laodiceans he says, "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot" and "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." To these people, the door is closed. Notice, its up to the individual to open the door.

The first is a sign to the saved of the church. The door has been opened and no one has the power to close it again (OSAS, but that's another post). The second the door has never been open. These are not saved people because Jesus is not among them, He is outside. Remember, Jesus said that if two or more gather in His name, He will be in the midst of them, the exact opposite of what is happening here.

John 10:9 "I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."

Good verse about Jesus coming in to sup with us. He wants to get that close.:thumbsup:

The message to the Philadelphians also says He holds the key of David. The keys to the kingdom!

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think Ephesians 2:6 is talking about two things; our union with Christ and our place of authority in union with him.

Because of our union with christ we were raised up together with Christ and therefore we share together in authority. Because of this, all things, including the demonic realm, are put under our feet and we are to exercise this authority in the here and now.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think Ephesians 2:6 is talking about two things; our union with Christ and our place of authority in union with him.

Because of our union with christ we were raised up together with Christ and therefore we share together in authority. Because of this, all things, including the demonic realm, are put under our feet and we are to exercise this authority in the here and now.
Hi neph:wave:
Seems like Jesus inhabited eternity,and earth at the same time.

He trumped time and space continually by breaking natural law.IE..walking on water and more.

Yet he was subject,or at least allowed himself to be subject to natural 3rd dimension rules.

He once slipped out of their hands,or he could have called down legions of angels to help Him,or even disappear.

The suffering of the cross was total compliance to the earthly rules.

How awesome to pick and choose..when to be subject to natural law,and when to not be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟31,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

awesome FS. Very simply put too. (OSAS also!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.