✟9,640.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
LucasGoltz said:
If I die tomorrow, and being a christian, will I be in heaven?

God bless,

Lucas
There are several points of view on this.
One is soul sleep, which suggests that from the time of death until judgement day, the soul remains in a state of sleep.
Another is that when you die you leave time and move into eternity. If this is the case then there is no time between death and judgement.
If the second suggestion is correct then yes when you die you will go straight to heaven.
:preach:

Upvote 0

Theta

Mar 5, 2006
✟15,117.00
Faith
Salvation Army
LucasGoltz said:

I guess it all depends on what your point of view is and what beliefs you hold as "truth". I personally believe that when we die, we wait until Jesus returns and resurrects His people on Judgment Day (I think). It should be remembered that the dead have no perception of time, so from the moment that you die to the moment that you are resurrected by Christ will be like a blink of the eye even though hundreds of "Earth years" in real time may have passed.

That said, a select few who have died already appear to be in heaven such as Moses when we read about him in the Transfiguration in the Gospel.

I honestly don't know (one can draw Scriptural support for either side) but I believe we wait until Judgment Day.

Upvote 0

Loukuss

Senior Veteran
Mar 7, 2005
BC
✟4,040.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
Macca said:
There are several points of view on this.
One is soul sleep, which suggests that from the time of death until judgement day, the soul remains in a state of sleep.
Another is that when you die you leave time and move into eternity. If this is the case then there is no time between death and judgement.
If the second suggestion is correct then yes when you die you will go straight to heaven.
:preach:

Thanks, Macca. I appreciate the response. What brought this question to mind was a verse in Rev. talking about raising those that sleep. If Jesus is raising them at the end, they probably arent in heaven then, right?
I used to think that those close to me that died were in heaven looking down on me, but maybe this isnt the case.
I'm confused. ANyone with mroe scripture to help me?
Please?

Lucas

Upvote 0

Loukuss

Senior Veteran
Mar 7, 2005
BC
✟4,040.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
QuantaCura said:
God alone will judge you, no one here can, you cannot even judge yourself.

I dont think I phrased my question the right way, or you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to figure out.
I want to know if christians go to heaven once they die. Or, like Mecca, suggested, does our soul sleep?
Hope that clears it up.
Thanks.

Lucas

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Lucas,

If you die today, and Jesus judges you into heaven on judgement day, you will be in heaven yesterday. For that matter you will be in heaven from before you were born. Spiritual beings exist outside of space and time. Spiritual beings, begotten of God into eternal life, live in omni-presence to the whole of physical time.

Here is some of the scripture which leads me to this conclusion.

We know that saints ressurect into spiritual eternal life through and after Jesus' death and ressurection. Yet, when talking about Saint Abraham, Saint Isaac and Saint Jacob, before His death and ressurection, Jesus tells us that they are not dead waiting to rise but alive in heaven. Jesus emphasises His point on this.

One can conclude that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob wait in death until after Jesus' ressurection and then are raised to spiritual omni-presence to the whole of past and future physical time. This is how Jesus, before His death and ressurection, can boldly claim that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are not dead waiting to rise but alive in heaven.

We also have the scriptures where Moses and Elijah come and talk to Jesus before his death and ressurection.

Spiritual beings, begotten of God, exist outside of physical time. God is just that powerful.

NAB MAR 12:18
Then some Sadducees who hold there is no resurrection came to him with a question ...\\...12:24 Jesus said: "You are badly misled, because you fail to understand the Scriptures or the power of God. When people rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage but live like angels in heaven. As to the raising of the dead, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the passage about the burning bush, how God told him, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob'? He is the God of the living not of the dead, You are very much mistaken."
NAB LUK 20:37
Moses in the passage about the bush showed that the dead rise again when he called the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. God is not the God of the dead but of the living. All are alive for him.

NAB MAT 17:2
His face became as dazzling as the sun, his clothes as radiant as light. Suddenly Moses and Elijah appeared to them conversing with him.

Peace in Christ,
Steven Merten

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thaiv

ChristianforChrist
Jan 23, 2004
Dallas
✟15,650.00
Faith
Christian
No, heaven is not the immediate destination for a believer. The believer's soul and spirit go to Hades (Sheol) until the Resurrection.

Heaven is also not the eternal destination of believers. The New Jerusalem which is the Bride of Christ, comes down out of heaven from God (Rev 21:2).

Man always want to go to heaven where God is but God wants an expression on earth today and for eternity.

There is much more to this topic. The best thing to do is to go to the Word. The traditional view of "heaven" simply does not suffice. PM me if you want more information.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I disagree. My Bible tells me:

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."
-2 Cor.5:8

You can agrue any way you want, but I myself do not subscribe to the "soul sleep" theory. Upon death, the Christian goes to Abraham's Bosom to be comforted. Just like Lazarus. And if you are unsaved, you'll wake up in hades(hell) just like the rich man. (Luke 16:19-31) If Jesus did not say in the grave the whole three days:
"By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;" (1 Pet. 3:19) why would we? Moses had been dead for centuries before Jesus was born, yet he appeared on the Mount to Jesus, Peter, James, and John, (Matt. 17:1-3) So if the grave couldn't hold Moses, how will it hold us?

Upvote 0
A

Angel of God

LucasGoltz said:

God bless,

Lucas

Surely you don't go to hell if you are not a friend of devil
against christianity.....
If a divorced, for examle, is a friend of devil against
christian laws then he cannot be saved otherwise he would be saved even if he doesn't take the Heaven of the Gospels.........
The reason is John 12, 47..48

Upvote 0

moses916

Lord have mercy
Mar 31, 2005
✟9,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Scripture will not help you judge yourself if you make it to heaven or not... Only God will judge you... one may claim to be a christian and yet do things that are contrary to what Christ taught. Be watchful over yourself that when the time comes you may be accounted worthy to enter the Heavenly Kingdom. Whatever you do, do not be like the 5 virgins who weren't prepared when the Lord came. St. Paul told his brethen in the book of Acts to constantly be watchful over themselves for years and years because it is very important and our souls depend on our journey of putting on Christ. :)

Upvote 0

thaiv

ChristianforChrist
Jan 23, 2004
Dallas
✟15,650.00
Faith
Christian
There are two sections of Hades revealed in Luke 16. There is the pleasant side and the section of torment. The believers go to the pleasant side which is Paradise while the unbelievers go to the side of torment.

Note that this is not "heaven." For a detailed study of the leaven of heaven see: http://www.affcrit.com/archives/ac_00_02.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.