NathanBai

Jul 20, 2011
✟7,717.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hey..

There is a simple and free way to be reconciled with God made possible by God's only son Jesus. A blood sacrifice was needed to pay for your sins and Jesus was sent to become that sacrifice. He was nailed to a Roman cross to shed His blood in payment for your sin. Then three days after His death, He rose from the dead, validating once and for all His qualification to be our only Savior.
Placing your complete trust in Jesus' death, burial and resurrection is God's one and only means of reaching Heaven.
Jesus said (John 14:6), "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
John 3:16 & 17 are clear. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

dude there is alot more, but heres some

hope enlightens you
God bless

Upvote 0

GA777

May 17, 2011
✟15,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Following the commandments of God and church can be enough to save your soul (Jesus said that somewhere in the bible to a rich man ), and of course, if you truly believe in Jesus and who he is, and love him from your heart for what he did, that'd be a big bonus in heaven of course for many things.

Upvote 0

Lee52

Mar 11, 2011
Normal, Illinois
✟2,645.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Following the commandments of God and church can be enough to save your soul (Jesus said that somewhere in the bible to a rich man ), and of course, if you truly believe in Jesus and who he is, and love him from your heart for what he did, that'd be a big bonus in heaven of course for many things.

I have to set this on the correct path.
You have your statements backwards.
If one believes in their heart and confesses with their mouth that Jesus is LORD and accepts His pure and perfect sacrifice on the cross for their personal sins, they will be saved. Being saved involves only acceptance of Jesus as LORD, confessing our sins and asking forgiveness for them, then repenting (turning away from them). Jesus had only two commandments from that point forward to fulfill all of the laws of the prophets.

Love GOD with all of our heart, all of our mind, all of our soul.
Love our neighbor as ourselves.

Not as simple as it sounds. But Jesus provides the means to accomplish these tasks. It is a matter of surrendering to Him.

Be blessed,
Lee52

Upvote 0

GA777

May 17, 2011
✟15,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These 2 summarize the 10 commandments. I can accept Jesus as my lord and accept his sacrifice, but start killing people over and over and do the worst imaginable crimes.
Joshua's book is more symbolic than a wordly book.
Read Matthew 19:16-19 and this is a wordly response because he was clarifying something for the rich man who was asking a question. ( the answer must be simple and not symbolic)

And to really love Jesus truly from your heart, you'll have to leave everything in this world behind your back just to follow Jesus, and do nothing that pleases you but what pleases him just like he did for God and for us. And those who truly love him are so few in numbers you cant even imagine it. To surrender to Jesus is more than you think, it is about selling everything you have etc. in order to return the favour and live for him ~like he did for God.

Upvote 0

Lee52

Mar 11, 2011
Normal, Illinois
✟2,645.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
These 2 summarize the 10 commandments. I can accept Jesus as my lord and accept his sacrifice, but start killing people over and over and do the worst imaginable crimes.
Joshua's book is more symbolic than a wordly book.
Read Matthew 19:16-19 and this is a wordly response because he was clarifying something for the rich man who was asking a question. ( the answer must be simple and not symbolic)

And to really love Jesus truly from your heart, you'll have to leave everything in this world behind your back just to follow Jesus, and do nothing that pleases you but what pleases him just like he did for God and for us. And those who truly love him are so few in numbers you cant even imagine it. To surrender to Jesus is more than you think, it is about selling everything you have etc. in order to return the favour and live for him ~like he did for God.

My young friend and brother in Christ, you are talking "salvation in works" not salvation by grace through faith. There is absolutely nothing you or any of us can do to merit salvation: nothing.
It is a free gift from a loving Father to His children.

Be blessed,
Lee52

Upvote 0
C

Celtic D

hey, new christian...
how can i ensure I get to heaven...
there is so much sin surrounding us...
how do you get past it into JUST PURENESS...

thankyou in advance

If you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead you will be saved.

Nothing more and nothing less gets you into Heaven :)

Nobody is pure in this life we are all sinners!

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hey, new christian...

thankyou in advance
Your insurance is Jesus Christ. Don't leave Him, your own attempts don't hold a candle to what He's done perfectly for you.

Romans 8:31-39

Romans 4:4-5

Romans 10:9

If you want to become more aware of it -- that is, if you want to know that you know Him -- then submit to everything He tells you to do. Be His disciple as best you know how. But never, ever think that learning is the same as accomplishing. He's doing it. You're being let in on the truth by showing to yourself that you're really His disciple.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is nothing WE can do to get to heaven.

Salvation is 100% God's work. He is the one who gives us faith to believe in Christ and His death on the cross in our place for the forgiveness of our sins. Those who believe will have eternal life, those who reject and try to work their own way to heaven, damn themselves to hell.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hey, new christian...

thankyou in advance

You get to that place through trusting in the blood of Jesus Christ and His righteousness that comes through faith in His atoning sacrifice on the Cross. Trust in Him as a Person (personal relationship) to fulfill His promise of salvation and imputed righteousness to all who believe and repent of sin. Do all of this and you will be saved and on your way to a life of holiness through the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit!

Trust in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2006
Ohio
✟20,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
JasonWs-

The righteousness that we need in order to enter God's presence (get to heaven) is a righteousness that none of us can obtain through our own efforts. It is a righteousness equal to God's own, and that is unattainable, if left to our own devices. But the righteousness that we could never earn God himself has earned for us, and now freely gives to us as our reward for putting our faith in the works of his Son Jesus Christ on our behalf. It is his work and his sacrifice that we are to trust in, rather than putting our faith in our own pathetic attempts at making ourselves worthy:

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished - he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. (Romans 3:19-26,NIV)

The righteousness which is truly salvific is a righteousness which is God's alone. Through his infinite mercy he laid out the blueprint for giving this righteousness to us, and through his Son Jesus Christ he carried out all that was necessary in order to bestow it on us.

This is what we Christians accept. The righteousness which we now have is not our righteousness; it's God's own righteousness. We have merely become the recipients of that righteousness, not as an earned salary, but as an undeserved gift. So there is no room for boasting.

And therein lies God's wisdom. He made our salvation totally dependent on his actions rather than our own so as to 'slam the door' on the sin of Pride. Our salvation is totally dependent on our accepting it as a free gift, unearned and undeserved. And even what we do as Christians in the furtherance of the kingdom of God is to be seen as useful only if it draws its vitality from Christ himself, rather than from any 'sanctity' we might have:

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." (The Gospel of St. John 15:1-4,NIV)

If our work is to be truly fruitful, its point of origin must be Jesus Christ himself as the vine, rather than ourselves as the branches. This means that whatever we successfully accomplish on behalf of the furtherance of the kingdom of God is to be seen as credited to Christ, not to us. So not only is our salvation totally dependent on God rather than on us, our works are also to be seen as totally dependent on God rather than on us. It is our faith in God that not only saves us, but also directs us onward through our lives due to its bonding us as branches to Jesus Christ as the vine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Royll

Jan 22, 2011
✟15,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Below you will see who we must go through to enter heaven as there are no human priest.

Heb 4:14-16
So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

In these verses you find out what will get you into heaven, which no one knows.

Heb 5:1-10
Every high priest is a man chosen to represent other people in their dealings with God. He presents their gifts to God and offers sacrifices for their sins. And he is able to deal gently with ignorant and wayward people because he himself is subject to the same weaknesses. That is why he must offer sacrifices for his own sins as well as theirs. And no one can become a high priest simply because he wants such an honor. He must be called by God for this work, just as Aaron was. That is why Christ did not honor himself by assuming he could become High Priest. No, he was chosen by God, who said to him, “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.” And in another passage God said to him, “You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek.” While Jesus was here on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could rescue him from death. And God heard his prayers because of his deep reverence for God. Even though Jesus was God’s Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. In this way, God qualified him as a perfect High Priest, and he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him. And God designated him to be a High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.

Upvote 0

JackB03

Mar 7, 2009
Rockwall, Tx
✟7,721.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Just following the commandments will not get you saved. That was an agreement from the OT between God and his people. The commandments are still in effect, but believing Jesus Christ is your savior and having faith that he died for our sins is what will get you saved. And it doesnt stop there. The commandments are their to show us we are sinners. Dont pray to God to help you not break the 10 commandments, find which ones you have trouble with and ask Christ to write it on your heart to help you with it. For example, if you lust over a woman, but didnt act on it, you committed adultery. Alot of people think that if they stop themselves because the law tells them too, but still have the desire to do it, that their ok because they didnt physically do it. But in your mind, you already did. So if you have a desire to lust over women, get personal with God and ask him to get rid of that desire. That will make you free of law.

Testimony is another thing Christians should do. God wants us to share his Good News with everyone. Read the Bible and learn His word. Pray about everything and communicate with Christ as if you were talking with a friend. Surround yourself with believers and support one another(church). Have Faith in Jesus Christ. Get baptized! "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. . ." (Acts 2:38)

The life of a Christian is not easy. You are at war with the world, flesh and satan. Praise God for the good and bad in your life. Whats the point in only praising him for the good, when can you show faith in bad times and learn more. (Read Job)

Lastly, please know that God is not just about peace, love and happiness. He judges and shows his wrath. Remember that so you dont go off course in your Christian walk.

God Bless,
Jack

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Check Mapquest.

I mean, make sure that you allow God to set the standard for how it happens. We tend to overspiritualize and make up our own rules for deserving. But God's terms are already spelled out.

Abraham's faith was credited to him toward righteousness.

Our goodness comes as we try to walk with Him, and carry on activities that support His kingdom. When we are working toward a cause, we forget what was behind us, and let go of old habits.

If we try to fix everything at once, just for the sake of perfection, then we have nothing to fill in the gaps. Our brains need to build new connections with fresh material, because thinking about negative things reinforces them in our minds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Royll

Jan 22, 2011
✟15,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of the things we have to learn is being in obedience to the word of God.

Matt 23:7 They love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces, and to be called ‘Rabbi.’

Matt 23:8 “Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters.

Matt 23:9 And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’ for only God in heaven is your spiritual Father.

Matt 23:10 And don’t let anyone call you ‘Teacher,’ for you have only one teacher, the Messiah.

Matt 23:11 The greatest among you must be a servant.

Matt 23:12 But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Matt 23:13 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people’s faces. You won’t go in yourselves, and you don’t let others enter either.

We become a Christian and are being saved by what God says in his word as he says he is our teacher we have only one and that is the Messiah (Christ).

Notice that this comes from the word of God.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's a difference between the purpose of the Law and Gospel. The Law tells us what we are to do and not do (including being obedient to God), but we can never fully do that successfully...thankfully Christ did! And that brings us to the Gospel that tells us what our triune God has done for our salvation...and He doesn't need our help in saving us.

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0