Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
“Troubles are often the tools by which God fashions us for better things.”
HENRY WARD BEECHER

The wise in heart will be called understanding, and sweetness of speech increases persuasiveness.

Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it, but the discipline of fools is folly.

The heart of the wise instructs his mouth and adds persuasiveness to his lips.

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

PROVERBS 16:21-24 NASB

Did you know that pleasant words heal? I had never thought about this. I have always considered healing to come from Jehovah-Ropheka the Lord our healer, from God given knowledge about medicine, from the prayers of believers in agreement, and from our own faith as we apply the promises of God to our lives. I have not thought about pleasant words having any healing power in them, but they do. Do we not use soothing words to comfort someone when they are not feeling well? How about when we are praying with someone for healing, are these not words of healing reaching to God and also to the soul of the one being prayed for? How important our words to each other are, many times we realize not the power they have to turn the tide to wellness. I am learning that attitude, prayer, and faith, have much to do with healing. Doctors today see improvement in patients that pray and have a support group of prayer partners. In some ways medicine is catching up with believers, and also believers are catching up to medicine. Faith and medicine will work together hand in hand if used together. I believe that Jehovah-Ropheka meant for us to use everything that God has given us for good. All the way from the single aspirin, to a nation in unison praying for healing of many. Today may I remember that pleasant words heal both ways, to those who listen and those who are speaking. Today I also am finding that God is doing for me what I could not do for myself…………………..JRE

“Adams choice cost him Eden; Esau’s, his birthright; Achan’s, his life; Lot’s, his home and heards; Absalom’s, his fathers throne; Saul’s, his kingdom; the rich young ruler, the companionship of Christ; Judas lost his apostleship; Demas his discipleship. Pilate, Agrippa, and Felix chose wrong and missed immortality. Ananias’ choice fooled no one but himself. Caleb and Joshua chose well, while Jonah’s first choice nearly shipwrecked himself and the crew.

“Ye older ones, what would your answer be as a father, a mother, as a Christian leader, if concerning our young people, God would say to you today, ‘Ask what I shall make of these young people’? Would your answer prove you know how to choose the things that matter most?”

ROBERT G. LEE

“Believe more deeply. Hold your face up to the Light, even for the moment you do not see.”…………………BILL W. from a letter dated 1950

rosemoss

The Lord is my STRENGTH!
Apr 24, 2005
Kansas
✟29,116.00
Faith
Baptist
jerry ralph said:
The wise in heart will be called understanding, and sweetness of speech increases persuasiveness.

Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it, but the discipline of fools is folly.

Thanks for the reminder. :)

Upvote 0

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
rosemoss said:
jerry ralph said:

Thanks for the reminder. :)

Youbetcha.............spoke to me too.............jerry

Upvote 0