SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Good preaching! I like that style, excellent wordplay and powerful statements full of doctrine in harmony with scripture...except for one little thing which raised a caution flag in my view.

Before I get into that little thing, because I know some people will resent me for being so critical on a minor point, I want to say it truly is a minor point and I truly thoroughly enjoyed everything else in that preaching, especially when the man roared with joy for being unable to say enough to adequately honor our King. He cut loose with that roar several times through the message after he made several building statements and there was nothing that would fit except a roar for the Lord. A great big Halleluiah after that roar would have been saying in English what the roar was saying in an unknown tongue, but I loved that roar just the same. I am thankful for such an overjoyed expression of the King which compelled the preacher to praise Him in so many ways with wonderful eloquence........but one tiny point bothered me and makes me wonder about the preacher......maybe it's just me, maybe I'm looking at it too critically, but the Bible is perfect in doctrine and when something seems to be lacking in a preachers words, I have to wonder why and I have to clarify for myself according to the word of the Lord because I don't want to make any errors in my preaching.

That one thing was "impartial in mercy". I suppose we can say the Lord is good to all, he makes the sun to rise and the rain to fall on the just and the unjust alike, and none of us deserves to live and it is by His mercies that we are not consumed, and in that sense He is impartial in mercy.

I'll leave it at that, so I really have not made any argument against that preacher, and see if anybody can pick up on why I still have a yellow flag in my view of that preacher. I think he left out something huge (though still a minor point over which I would not want to interrupt anybody's worshipping of the Lord) which should have been mentioned in that sermon. I hope nobody gets mad at me for saying so, and I hope somebody can see what was left out and say it. This is not my thread and I don't want to cause any hard feelings, so I will say no more about it unless somebody picks up on what the yellow flag is which I see.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good preaching! I like that style, excellent wordplay and powerful statements full of doctrine in harmony with scripture...except for one little thing which raised a caution flag in my view.

Before I get into that little thing, because I know some people will resent me for being so critical on a minor point, I want to say it truly is a minor point and I truly thoroughly enjoyed everything else in that preaching, especially when the man roared with joy for being unable to say enough to adequately honor our King. He cut loose with that roar several times through the message after he made several building statements and there was nothing that would fit except a roar for the Lord. A great big Halleluiah after that roar would have been saying in English what the roar was saying in an unknown tongue, but I loved that roar just the same. I am thankful for such an overjoyed expression of the King which compelled the preacher to praise Him in so many ways with wonderful eloquence........but one tiny point bothered me and makes me wonder about the preacher......maybe it's just me, maybe I'm looking at it too critically, but the Bible is perfect in doctrine and when something seems to be lacking in a preachers words, I have to wonder why and I have to clarify for myself according to the word of the Lord because I don't want to make any errors in my preaching.

That one thing was "impartial in mercy". I suppose we can say the Lord is good to all, he makes the sun to rise and the rain to fall on the just and the unjust alike, and none of us deserves to live and it is by His mercies that we are not consumed, and in that sense He is impartial in mercy.

I'll leave it at that, so I really have not made any argument against that preacher, and see if anybody can pick up on why I still have a yellow flag in my view of that preacher. I think he left out something huge (though still a minor point over which I would not want to interrupt anybody's worshipping of the Lord) which should have been mentioned in that sermon. I hope nobody gets mad at me for saying so, and I hope somebody can see what was left out and say it. This is not my thread and I don't want to cause any hard feelings, so I will say no more about it unless somebody picks up on what the yellow flag is which I see.

I listened again, and i have totally missed a yellow flag, brother. Would you mind elaborating?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I listened again, and i have totally missed a yellow flag, brother. Would you mind elaborating?

Thank you kindly.

I better not, sorry. I'll just pray that somebody else sees it without me pointing it out. I was hoping to hear the preacher say something he didn't say, and I thought it should have been said. But even as I was hoping to hear him say it, I still felt the roar of joy and could not hold back a lot of amens throughout the preaching. Just that little yellow flag spoiled it so I won't be seeking more of his sermons. I'm sure God can and will use him to minister to other people and that's wonderful.

Actually, I might look at it again because I really did like the way he worded a lot of things so simply, strongly, poetically, and eloquently. It really was a lot like my own style of speaking, and very similar to other preachers I admire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I better not, sorry. I'll just pray that somebody else sees it without me pointing it out. I was hoping to hear the preacher say something he didn't say, and I thought it should have been said. But even as I was hoping to hear him say it, I still felt the roar of joy and could not hold back a lot of amens throughout the preaching. Just that little yellow flag spoiled it so I won't be seeking more of his sermons. I'm sure God can and will use him to minister to other people and that's wonderful.

Actually, I might look at it again because I really did like the way he worded a lot of things so simply, strongly, poetically, and eloquently. It really was a lot like my own style of speaking, and very similar to other preachers I admire.

Brinny seems to taken a liking to you, and if she calls you brother that is good enough for me. Brinny I have seen in the forums and she is a very special child of God, she has prayed for me many times.

I got that feeling to like something was off, but I worried if it was jealousy. The tone he speaks in is meant to get an emotional response and God's word can do that on Its own so I don't think it is necessary. However the more I listen, I thought of the book of Job where God starts telling Job He is God, saying He held back the oceans sense the formation of the earth. I realized this guy is praising God, he is just letting lose and praising God. Now that is awesome. It is a very good praising, and I think we should respect it for that.

I don't know if that is what you speak of but that is what I thought and have worked out.

Peace be with you
blu

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Brinny seems to taken a liking to you, and if she calls you brother that is good enough for me. Brinny I have seen in the forums and she is a very special child of God, she has prayed for me many times.

I got that feeling to like something was off, but I worried if it was jealousy. The tone he speaks in is meant to get an emotional response and God's word can do that on Its own so I don't think it is necessary. However the more I listen, I thought of the book of Job where God starts telling Job He is God, saying He held back the oceans sense the formation of the earth. I realized this guy is praising God, he is just letting lose and praising God. Now that is awesome. It is a very good praising, and I think we should respect it for that.

I don't know if that is what you speak of but that is what I thought and have worked out.

Peace be with you
blu
The fact that you got the feeling to like something was off is a yellow flag.
You have not clearly stated what I think was missing in the message, but you have noticed a yellow flag....the feeling that something was off is a yellow flag, and brother, that shows sensitivity to the Holy Spirit and I assure you that there is good reason for that yellow flag, and I fully agree with you that the sermon is good praising and we should respect him for it. I intend to go back over the sermon and write down some of the statements to use in my own ministering because I truly appreciate the power and poetic eloquence of so many of the statements he used. I love that kind of creative phrasing of truth in line with scripture.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well,he Preached me happy!
Do you know him?

Here is a brief bio from Wikipedia.

Shadrach Meshach Lockridge (March 7, 1913 – April 4, 2000) was the Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church,[1] a prominent African-American congregation in San Diego, California, from 1953 to 1993. He was known for his preaching across the United States and around the world.[2]

He also served in key regional, state and national positions with the Baptist Church, including being elected as the Moderator of the Progressive Baptist District Association, President of the California Missionary Baptist State Convention, and the first president of the National Missionary Baptist Convention of America, where he held all three major positions simultaneously.[2]

He held doctorates and numerous honorary degrees, and was often sought as a public speaker, even after he retired in 1993. He served as guest lecturer at numerous schools and universities and on the faculty of several others, including the Billy Graham School of Evangelism.[2]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The fact that you got the feeling to like something was off is a yellow flag.
You have not clearly stated what I think was missing in the message, but you have noticed a yellow flag....the feeling that something was off is a yellow flag, and brother, that shows sensitivity to the Holy Spirit and I assure you that there is good reason for that yellow flag, and I fully agree with you that the sermon is good praising and we should respect him for it. I intend to go back over the sermon and write down some of the statements to use in my own ministering because I truly appreciate the power and poetic eloquence of so many of the statements he used. I love that kind of creative phrasing of truth in line with scripture.

Lol was the flag the Preacher or the poster?

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well,he Preached me happy!
Do you know him?

Here is a brief bio from Wikipedia.

Shadrach Meshach Lockridge (March 7, 1913 – April 4, 2000) was the Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church,[1] a prominent African-American congregation in San Diego, California, from 1953 to 1993. He was known for his preaching across the United States and around the world.[2]

He also served in key regional, state and national positions with the Baptist Church, including being elected as the Moderator of the Progressive Baptist District Association, President of the California Missionary Baptist State Convention, and the first president of the National Missionary Baptist Convention of America, where he held all three major positions simultaneously.[2]

He held doctorates and numerous honorary degrees, and was often sought as a public speaker, even after he retired in 1993. He served as guest lecturer at numerous schools and universities and on the faculty of several others, including the Billy Graham School of Evangelism.[2]

I get he was that kind of speaker, I don't agree with his tone but the message. If he holds Phd's he is well educated and should know a thing or two about God. The issue of tone as being used to invoke emotion, like entertain. so i wonder then i worried i was Jealous of Him because man did He preach some truth right there. He was probably trained how to speak and this is the reason for the tone. His message was Great. but certain preachers i hear Jesus speaking through them ad those I love, love when I hear the King in someone. It was a great video and message Brother, we all need to hear it and I for one am thankful you posted it. I needed to hear it. Sometimes we spend so much time fight among our self we forget how to praise God, Great reminder.

I'll post a link this is a meditation I listen to and I hear Jesus in this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPm4w4YckoU

Hear the Peace in His voice. Jesus is Peace. Its a great meditation.

Upvote 0