He broke it off

Hopeful

Feb 2, 2003
Visit site
✟1,199.00
Faith
Protestant
:hug: hey, i wish i were there to give you a hug, i am really sorry but you have to get over it, maybe not that fast but at least, enjoy your birthday! (happy birthday by the way) , but why would you want a guy who would break up with you on your birthday? but i guess i shouldnt judge, i don't know the circumstances, but go out and enjoy your birthday, i hope that helped :hug:

Upvote 0

middo

Servant for God
Oct 28, 2003
Perth WA
Visit site
✟426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well the only encouragment i can give you is that at least you know now before your married otherwise it could have been very messy. But as it is your b'day that is a real bummer. Just commit all your pain to God, in my experience some of the things that hurt the most at the start turned into the best experiences of my life, or things that hurt in the short term were very beneficial later. God loves you, he will help you through this. I will pray for you, that your God will help you with your pain:)

Upvote 0

Katty

Simply amazing.
Sep 10, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
✟16,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A Crisp View of God
"Lord even when I have trouble all around me, You will keep me alive." Psalm 138:7

There is a window in your heart through which you can see God. Once upon a time that window was clear. Your view of God was crisp. You could see God as vividly as you could see a gentle valley or hillside.

Then suddenly the window cracked. A pebble broke the window. A pebble of pain.

And suddenly God was not so easy to see. The view that had been so crisp had changed.

You were puzzled. God wouldn't allow something like this to happen, would He?

When you can't see Him, trust Him.... Jesus is closer than You've ever dreamed.

---Max Lucado In the Eye of the Storm---

I just wanted to encourage you with a devotional that really touched me. I really hope that you feel better. :hug: Happy Birthday babe.

~Katty~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

enslow

Jun 26, 2003
✟15,516.00
Faith
Christian
salsa said:
time will heal everything. what seems big now in two years will seem small. maybe God has someone better for you, or maybe your guy is just afraid of marriage... just wait and see
NatGirl,

There IS some one better for you! I know you see many around here married in their late teens or early 20's. But you ARE still young and you have lots of time.

I konw it's tough and hard to understand, but this guy was actually very gracious to you by telling you before it was too late. In a few years when you meet your real husband, you'll want to thank this guy dearly. Maybe it won't happen until you're 25, maybe 30, 35, or who knows when. Be patient, and try to enjoy your life on your own.
:)

Enslow

Upvote 0

LadyBird

Dance Me to the End of Love
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟17,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Awwwww...*hug*. I cannot imagine what you must be going through...you are in my prayers. Just remember that things must get worse before they can get better and that all though you may not think so right now, there is someone better out there for you. You will feel better...this is a great time to lean on God for support and strength in getting through this difficult time. Enjoy being single, you don't need to get married right now. Howcome he broke it off if you don't mind me asking. If you ever need someone to talk to or listen...don't hesitate to PM me. Take care of yourself.

Upvote 0

Katty

Simply amazing.
Sep 10, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
✟16,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hope that you're feeling a tad better. Maybe this guy wasn't "The One." I don't know if this will help, but this is something that I was told when my last relationship fell apart.

"MAYBE GOD WANTS US TO MEET A FEW 'WRONG' PEOPLE BEFORE MEETING THE RIGHT ONE, SO THAT WHEN WE FINALLY MEET THE RIGHT PERSON, WE WILL KNOW HOW TO BE GRATEFUL FOR THAT GIFT."

It makes it all the more special when we DO meet the right one. God has His reasons for putting people into our lives and in turn, sometimes He takes them out of our lives. It hurts, but before you heal, you actually have to hurt. :hug: Its truth. Feel better soon.

~Katty~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LadyBird

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟17,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well the guy sounds like a jerk...telling someone he could do better...he should have realized that before he proposed to you. When my best friend's ex boyfriend dumped her he told her she wasn't marriage material. People like that are just losers...really mean, nasty people with no hearts. You will find someone waaaaaaaaaaay better than your ex! For sure! Obviously it wasn't meant to be. Thank God that you guys ended things before it was too late!

Upvote 0

LadyBird

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟17,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When my best friend and her boyfriend broke up...he smashed her heart into a million pieces(that happened a year ago). She is at Bible college right now and after 2 weeks found a guy who she wants to marry...so people can come into your life when you least expect them to.

Upvote 0