Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Buddhism predates Christianity. Like Taoism, the Holy Spirit guides souls seeking the truth,
even before Jesus came.

In our own time, how Buddhists were treated by Catholics is a stumbling block for any hope
of them converting.

As an example, back in the 1960s in Vietnam, when we witnessed Buddhist Monks setting themselves on fire,
we were told that they were protesting against Catholicism. Well, it turns out not to be true.
Instead, they were protesting the shooting of nine innocent civilians, who were protesting against
the prohibition of the Buddhist Flag, by then President Ngo Dinh Diem of South Vietnam.

From the CCC:

"Outside the Church there is no salvation"

This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.

848 "
Although in ways known to himself God can lead those who, through no fault of their own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith without which it is impossible to please him, the Church still has the obligation and also the sacred right to evangelize all men."

A person's ignorance can be the result of how Catholics treated them which set up a mental block against Catholicism.

Just being told that the Catholic Church is the source of revealed truth, isn't enough.

Upvote 0

Iuxta Crucem Lacrimosa

Oct 15, 2023
Oslo
✟3,870.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Are we Buddhists yet?
No, but Catho-bud-Islamists. Don’t be hard on yourself, it’s an easy mistake to make.
Universalism is a wide and comfortable road to walk. Just don’t think about where it leads, focus on the road not the destination.

Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
No, but Catho-bud-Islamists. Don’t be hard on yourself, it’s an easy mistake to make.
Universalism is a wide and comfortable road to walk. Just don’t think about where it leads, focus on the road not the destination.
Are you funning with me? I can't tell.

What about Animism? Pachamama at the altars. Did you deliberately leave that out? Or was it a mere oversight? Don't be hard on yourself.

It's a challenge unlearning all the right parts of the faith once delivered to the Apostles, getting with the new paradigm of doing theology, and especially keeping up with which version of LGBT whatever I should be using so as not to offend the offended class.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Iuxta Crucem Lacrimosa

Oct 15, 2023
Oslo
✟3,870.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Are you funning with me? I can't tell.

What about Animism? Pachamama at the altars. Did you deliberately leave that out? Or was it a mere oversight? Don't be hard on yourself.

It's a challenge unlearning all the right parts of the faith once delivered to the Apostles, getting with the new paradigm of doing theology, and especially keeping up with which version of LGBT whatever I should be using so as not to offend the offended class.
It was meant as ice cold irony. I totally catch your drift. It’s sad with all the rubbish coming out from the Vatican these days. The popes list of committed sins are very worrying, but what’s even more disturbing is all those who still follow him blindly into error. Challenging times!

Lord have mercy

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
They each gave their reason for world problems and issues.

Buddha said it is greed.
Jesus said it is sin.

Greed is sin.

And making pacts for peace like Palestine and Israel does [on rare occasion that might last a year] not mean either is converting any time soon, but to stop the fighting which leads to war.

My guesstimation.

WWNET - creating problems and disinformation.

Upvote 0