Arizona
✟9,600.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, none of that; we can't create our own personal gospel by selective use of verses of our own.

Once again, the Bible does not say what the unforgivable sin is, and we are not authorised to speculate in this way. Someone who does not recognise the Lord one day may accept him the next without fear; there is nothing unpardonable about it.
Sure we can know this. Otherwise we would end up with believers in hell due to some mysterious sin, which would contradict the entire new testament. Peace in the Lord.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Sure we can know this. Otherwise we would end up with believers in hell due to some mysterious sin, which would contradict the entire new testament. Peace in the Lord.

No, we can't. The Bible does not say.

Can you take it to another topic if you want to chat further? It does not help people with OCD to speculate in this way. Thanks.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That is a different matter entirely, and totally off topic. And, incidentally, you cannot state that with such conviction; only God can say what anyone's ultimate judgement will be, not you.

But I can - and do - state with deep conviction that anyone who passes from this life without a saving faith in Christ as their Redeemer will face him in eternity as their wrathful Judge. That's not just my conviction but the plain testimony of Scripture. So, yes, the unpardonable sin is dying without having accepted the gift of salvation God offers all of us in Christ.

And I don't agree that saying so is "off topic." The OP thought he had committed the unpardonable sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit, which I corrected with an explanation of the truly and only unpardonable sin.

I'm not sure why you've got a burr under your saddle about all of this...You having a bad day?

Selah.

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yeah, I had the same problem. I thought thinking what the pharisees judging Jesus thought about what if Jesus really did it by demonic power? Unlike you though, I didn't get too upset about it, but thought about it a little bit more. Ok I was a little upset and worried about it, but I kept thinking about it anyways. I thought also about what Jesus said, you know a tree by it's fruits, and then I thought some more about it, and it's like, Jesus never hurt anyone, all his works are good, he only healed people. Demonic power typically is tied to evil acts and deeds, and he had none, so I'm sure that because of that He had to get his power from God.

Upvote 0

Dardan

Sep 2, 2015
✟7,722.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Thanks Catherineanne and the other great people who commented with advice.
I'm feeling a better.

I feel like you are all right and that I didn't do the unforgivable sin. In fact, I don't really remember exactly what I said, all I remember was what happened.
All I remember was getting a bunch of thoughts, and they were then mixed them up in wrong ways that weren't good.

I swear to God, I don't exactly remember where or when I learned about the unforgivable sin. For some reason, it suddenly dawned on me that I may have committed it. This is why I think satan was putting thoughts in me again.

It was mostly a blur to me.
I took a new homeopathic medicine that's called for slang the "Natural prozac".
It was when I took this pill, my brain felt wierd that I might have done the unforgivable.
Bad chemical reaction?

I know I have bad OCD, but I know for a fact that demonic spirits are also making it worse. In the last months, I've seen a blue spirit orb in my room, saw something dissapear in front of my eyes, even saw God work in my life against demons and other stuff.

Even after I accepted Jesus and my mom hung a cross in my room around a month or two ago(I had no clue that she did), the next day ALL my bad OCD and demonic thoughts went away, after my mom hung the cross in my room. I had no clue that she did, and didn't notice it until after.
The demons were scared and my thoughts stopped.
They came back though.
This happened months ago.

So please tell me your opinion friends.
Could it be that I was just over reacting and didn't do anything bad?
A bad chemical reaction the medicine?
Or that I was tricked and believed I said those things when I didn't?
The devil tricked me?
ALL of this stuff together?

Should I forget about it?
Today, I was watching tv.
A voice in my head(not sure if OCD or what), came in my head to turn off the tv, go to a private room, and pray.

I did that. I felt a bit better after.

I don't feel bad for the most part anymore, but a part hidden in my brain feels very bad even though, I begged for forgiveness and cried and relepented.
I hope God knows this, i'm sure He does. But, I wish I could contact him or Jesus could tell me something somehow, so I could be relieved.

A part of me feels "WHAT IF" we're wrong and I did commit it.
Then life is useless, what point is there left to live if I can't worship God? What point is there to live if I can't be with God because of some thing that I don't even know I commited?
Stupid demonic thoughts tricking me.

Maybe I should just let it go.[/COLOR]

Upvote 0

Dardan

Sep 2, 2015
✟7,722.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
yeah, I had the same problem. I thought thinking what the pharisees judging Jesus thought about what if Jesus really did it by demonic power? Unlike you though, I didn't get too upset about it, but thought about it a little bit more. Ok I was a little upset and worried about it, but I kept thinking about it anyways. I thought also about what Jesus said, you know a tree by it's fruits, and then I thought some more about it, and it's like, Jesus never hurt anyone, all his works are good, he only healed people. Demonic power typically is tied to evil acts and deeds, and he had none, so I'm sure that because of that He had to get his power from God.

Orangeness, this is what I think I did.
So it's not really a sin right?
What if a part of you believed it, but another part knew it was stupid and that Jesus is The Son Of God.

I'm the thinker, not my thoughts. So, if a thought comes to me and is sinful and horrible, surely it's not mine and I don't want it! I don't like it! I don't believe it!
So why does it come to me?

My brain was influenced by demonic powers, but ME, I, did not believe that.
I should be safe? Right?
Were you worried or forgot about it

Upvote 0

Dardan

Sep 2, 2015
✟7,722.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I also thought that and right away threw it away from my thoughts.
So, it's an unforgivable sin not to have that thought, but to truly in your soul believe it?
And to reject Jesus when you know he is the Son Of God?

That is the unforgivable sin?
Which everyone said.
So that must mean I did not do the unforgivable sin, yet I fel guilty for some reason... :(

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Orangeness, this is what I think I did.
So it's not really a sin right?
What if a part of you believed it, but another part knew it was stupid and that Jesus is The Son Of God.

I'm the thinker, not my thoughts. So, if a thought comes to me and is sinful and horrible, surely it's not mine and I don't want it! I don't like it! I don't believe it!
So why does it come to me?

My brain was influenced by demonic powers, but ME, I, did not believe that.
I should be safe? Right?
Were you worried or forgot about it

I think it is a matter whole heartedly believing it, and as others have said, many don't think it is the unforgiveable sin. I mean, even Jesus was tempted by Satan in the desert with thoughts. I don't really know what it really means to blasphemy the Holy Spirit. It's not like you were preaching that to other people, it was just a passing thought, and you quickly condemned that thought, faster than I did, I actually started thinking about it.

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I also thought that and right away threw it away from my thoughts.
So, it's an unforgivable sin not to have that thought, but to truly in your soul believe it?
And to reject Jesus when you know he is the Son Of God?

That is the unforgivable sin?
Which everyone said.
So that must mean I did not do the unforgivable sin, yet I fel guilty for some reason... :(

Like I said before, I'm not entirely sure what the unforgiveable sin is, other than it is to blasphemy the Holy Spirit. There are a lot of people that visit these forums and worry about committing the unforgiveable sin. You aren't the only one. I'm not sure exactly what standards are going to be used to judge people, other than God will have the ultimate say, and he wants to save everyone. My guess is that you feel guilty because you still think that you tip toed on the unforgiveable sin, but again, even if that was the unforgiveable sin, you didn't even say it out loud, nor did you fully believe it.

Upvote 0

Dardan

Sep 2, 2015
✟7,722.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My guess is that you feel guilty because you still think that you tip toed on the unforgiveable sin, but again, even if that was the unforgiveable sin, you didn't even say it out loud, nor did you fully believe it.

Your guess is right. However, I did think about it for a couple of seconds, then realized what I did, and quickly threw away the thoughts.

I don't think I did it to be honest, but I feel guilty that maybe there's a chance I did.
But even with that chance, I didn't truly believe it in my soul, so maybe it doesn't count as a sin then...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your guess is right. However, I did think about it for a couple of seconds, then realized what I did, and quickly threw away the thoughts.

I don't think I did it to be honest, but I feel guilty that maybe there's a chance I did.
But even with that chance, I didn't truly believe it in my soul, so maybe it doesn't count as a sin then...

I doubt being tempted counts as a sin.

Upvote 0

CowWarrior

Aug 18, 2015
✟15,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope you are not unforgivable. I had more terrible thoughts myself since I am high creative. I won't drop you ideas by mentioning them.

Just think of it this way, there is a lesson to be learned here.
Our thoughts is so powerful that we don't realize it until some time in the future.
This tells us how severe of a crime Adam and Eve committed when they ate the Apple from the Tree of Knowledge.

Second, I recommend reading the first few book of the new testaments how Jesus lived his life.
Humanity had committed far greater sins than some uncontrollable thoughts. Not only did the Pharisees back then thought those things, they actually said it to him and had Jesus killed.
Even with this much sin humanity fallen into, Jesus still sacrificed himself to wash away our sins.

Repent with all your heart and emotions, you will be fine. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums