Aug 14, 2012
✟15,177.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I hate myself so much. People tell me that I'm a likable person and that I'm a good person, but I can't stand myself. I don't really do anything bad or wrong but I hate the way I look, I hate the fact that I'm probably going to end up alone. It doesn't seem like there is anyone out there for me and I hate the fact that that is what my issue is. I know everyone has their problems, and mine is so insignificant and selfish. There are people out there that pray for food because they are literally starving to death and I'm worried because I'm alone. I can't seem to do anything right. I'm just a screw up that won't be able to get his crap together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forge3

Forge
Aug 26, 2009
Toronto
✟13,441.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Loneliness can be like grief. Yet you add salt to that wound. You beat yourself up when you are down. On a positive note you are seeking help...that is loving of yourself. Do not hate yourself for something like this. You may or may not meet someone. And if you loathe yourself that does not make it easier.

Upvote 0

Godfirst1

Sep 23, 2012
✟15,375.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God made you perfect. Any time you see imperfection in yourself remember that God made you perfect. As a Christian you cannot hate that which God has made. God will provide you with what you need in life and relationships. All you have to do is read the scripture to see what God has given you and has in store for you. And as a Christian you already have a perfect relationship with Jesus. Don't go seeking relationships and don't settle for bad ones. Also, never compromise your Christian values to be loved in the flesh. Believe in yourself and respect yourself even when you think no one else does. Will be praying for you in the meantime.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
prayer.gif
The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.
~ Numbers6:24-26

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I hate myself so much. People tell me that I'm a likable person and that I'm a good person, but I can't stand myself. I don't really do anything bad or wrong but I hate the way I look, I hate the fact that I'm probably going to end up alone. It doesn't seem like there is anyone out there for me and I hate the fact that that is what my issue is. I know everyone has their problems, and mine is so insignificant and selfish. There are people out there that pray for food because they are literally starving to death and I'm worried because I'm alone. I can't seem to do anything right. I'm just a screw up that won't be able to get his crap together.

Bless yer heart. Lifting you to our Abba, brother in Christ and son of the Most High God. Hang in there.

Reactions: Linus
Upvote 0

Milan45

Teutonic Order of Knights
Sep 28, 2012
ANTARTICA!!!!!!!
✟7,861.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I hate myself so much. People tell me that I'm a likable person and that I'm a good person, but I can'tstand myself. I don't really do anything bad or wrong but I hate the way I look, I hate the fact that I'm probably going to end up alone. It doesn't seem like there is anyone out there for me and I hate the fact that that is what my issue is. I know everyone has their problems, and mine is so insignificant and selfish. There are people out there that pray for food because they are literally starving to death and I'm worried because I'm alone. I can't seem to do anything right. I'm just a screw up that won't be able to get his crap together.

Don't hate how do you look. Being pretty as character is much more good.
With this stance you will make nothing.
God loves you mostly when you are what you are. :)
Prayed for you. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThyLovingkindness

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
✟14,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hi, if you are a child of the King, then self-loathing has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with the devil. Don't buy into the father of lies... for he delights in seeing us down and out. My prayer is that you go to the foot of the cross with your concerns, and ask Jesus to come into your heart. Blessings!

Upvote 0

nicedream

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
✟10,214.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
praying for you...God doesn't hold us to the standards of perfection. That is why He sent Jesus to pay the penalty for our sin...because He knows we cannot be perfect. Yet, still He calls us to move forward and leave sin behind, even though we know that our salvation has already been given to us as a free gift.

All this to say, it's okay to feel bad about things you are doing that are morally wrong, because those things are sin. but sin and any other obstacle to a fulfilled life...these are things the Lord wants to help you overcome. He wants to work through you to overcome these things. Then, as you move forward, you will *know* in your mind and heart that the Lord loves you. When you know how much He loves you...you will be amazed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.