jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
“You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories.” Stanislaw J. Lec

“Finally all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.”
1 Peter 3:8-9 NIV

The apostle Peter is giving the church some good advice in these few words. The words look good on paper but living them is much more difficult. Living in harmony with one another sounds wonderful, but the truth is that not all of us are harmonious. Anyone can sing the melody but to sing harmony a person must sing the song a little different. To be harmonious a person must take a part that is different than that of someone else, but not so much different that there is dissonance. Dissonance is a musical term that is used when two musical notes vibrate at levels that disagree with each other. Notes that are too close to each other do not harmonize well. Notes that are too far from each also do not harmonize well. Notes that harmonize the best are notes that are found in the same key signature or the same key that the song in played in, and they must be spaced at the proper distance so as to vibrate well together. Peter asked us to live in harmony with each other so to me that means that we must first of all be singing the same song, then we must be in the same key, and then we must be at the proper distance from each other. Not too close, and not too far. And we must communicate and agree on the timing or the pace that we are traveling. My experience with singing harmony is that it does not come easy, and practicing with another is the only way to improve it. You can’t sing harmony by your self. There must be someone else to harmonize with. I have know people who can harmonize with anyone and do it easily, and then there are those like myself who must work and work at it. And so it is with life, some people live in harmony with others easily, and the rest of us have to practice. I have found that life flows best if I don’t just float along. I must direct my way with the help of God and the experience of my fellows as I travel. I must be aware of sharp bends and any changes of current so as to adjust my position and not harmfully collide with someone else. I am learning to travel in harmony with others more each day as I get advice and direction from the word of God. I like what the Life Recovery Bible has to say about this scripture. Share this with me.

“The Christian community is to be like a healthy, loving family. Some of us who come from a dysfunctional family may not know what this means, but Peter spelled it out; people share their hurts and find sympathy; they humbly express their needs and receive loving care; they forgive one another rather than plot revenge they pray for each other they are careful not to say things that will unnecessarily hurt others; they can be honest about who they are; they seek to do good for one another; and they try to live in peace by resolving conflicts with each other. These same qualities are ideal for helping us with the recovery process.” (Life Recovery Bible page 1526)

It’s all about harmony, when I become willing to harmonize with others, God will help me stay in tune. God is, doing for me what I could not do for myself……….JRE