Hanegraff spectacular today

astein

Mar 1, 2013
✟2,254.00
Faith
Christian
But to back up one step, you quoted the question about Jn 1. Why don't you answer what that asks for starters. Our friend BW does not seem to be aware of such a contrast by Jesus. Yet, being in the preamble of John, you will find many examples of it repeated over and over in the account. They thought Abraham was their father, but he was not, because that whole community exist by faith. which is why Rom 4 and Gal 3 read the way they do, about the very same group. It has always been by faith; it was not meant to be confused with a race or descendancy or nation.

--Inter

The gospels give account of the scribes and pharisees and their characters, even showing how they have murdered the prophets of God. Matthew 5:12-17

Upvote 0

astein

Mar 1, 2013
✟2,254.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, we are one in Christ. But the last time I checked, my wife, who is a Godly Christian, was still female.
Too bad you can't make the spiritual connection Biblewriter! That being that when it comes to salvation God doesn't look at race or gender.

Stay literal...and you'll keep missing it! :thumbsup:

Jesus ushered in spiritual worship Biblewriter...and He told it to the woman at the well:
21 Jesus *said to her, “Woman, believe Me, an hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father.
22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.
23 But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.
24 God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
25 The woman *said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us.”
26 Jesus *said to her, “I who speak to you am He.”

There you have it...get to see the spiritual!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lovemygod316

Jul 8, 2011
✟15,199.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Really?
I am a born again in Christ, spirit baptized, water baptized married female mixed tribal ancestry Gentile and a mother and a grandmother.
Being in Christ does not make me Jacob's seed, born of those who are the namesake people of the New Man name: in Christ, I do not yet have my body of adoption which will be renamed "Israel" after the flesh nature of it is elementally dissolved and reformed; which name only the namesake people have by natural right until that Day of transformation and adoption.
The adoption pertains to Israel, says Paul. They have the promise that we gentile believers receive adoption into, by faith, now. -and they are not all cut off the Israel tree, and they are not Gentiles who are Jacob's seed and believers in Christ: they are still male and female Jews.

Paul said He was a circumcised male Jew, of the tribe of Benjamin; a believer, born again, spirit baptized, tongues speaking, singing, praying person, and unmarried.
My husband is not a female and Paul is not a female and I am not a male, but Paul and my husband and I are all born again in Spirit, into the Living Spirit, and are not born again in our bodies of flesh, yet: Paul already has the name of adoption by natural birth, but my husband and I will get it when our bodies are transformed and our DNA no longer is written in "Adam", but written in "Israel.

Jesus never made Jews into Gentiles nor Gentiles into Jews, nor males into females nor females into males.

It is a sin to blaspheme God by taking away our personal identity in our bodies of flesh, while we live in them, and trying to take away our ethnic heritage as Jews and Gentiles, whether born again in Christ or not.

So if I was born a Jew, and am now born again in Christ, what does that make me? And does it really matter?

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I live in the light that God says we are all ONE in Christ Jesus with no eqivocation.

One means one. Galatians 3:27-29
27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

Now you can keep with your "two peoples theology"...when you see Jesus He'll explain it to you.

He'll probably ask you "Have you not read Galatians 3:27-29?" :thumbsup:

Yes, we are one in Christ. But the last time I checked, my wife, who is a Godly Christian, was still female.

Too bad you can't make the spiritual connection Biblewriter! That being that when it comes to salvation God doesn't look at race or gender.

Stay literal...and you'll keep missing it! :thumbsup:

I was pointing out what you seem to have completely missed. The scripture you used to prove that there is neither Jew nor Greek also says there is neither male not female.

You are the one who missed the message of the scripture you quoted. In Christ, there is neither Jew nor Greek. But Jews do not stop being Jews and Greeks do not stop being Greeks, any more that males stop being males and females stop being females, even though in Christ there is neither male nor female.

Keep spiritualizing everything, and you will never even begin to understand eschatology.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was pointing out what you seem to have completely missed. The scripture you used to prove that there is neither Jew nor Greek also says there is neither male not female.

Good argument, James. :thumbsup: Spelling needs help though, "nor".

Doug

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

You are the one who missed the message of the scripture you quoted. In Christ, there is neither Jew nor Greek. But Jews do not stop being Jews and Greeks do not stop being Greeks, any more that males stop being males and females stop being females, even though in Christ there is neither male nor female.

Keep spiritualizing everything, and you will never even begin to understand eschatology.
Nonsense Biblewriter. Your point is no point becuase what God is saying to us is as saints regardless of who/what we are we are Abraham's seed.

So you see...I don't spiritualize it...Paul does when he says we are all ONE, and being built into a SPIRITUAL TEMPLE in the Lord.

Take note! Also yes...when the scriptures speak spiritually, I will!!! :thumbsup:

You remain literal...and keep looking for Israel to be restored, and a temple to be built.

When you meet Jesus...He'll fill you in on where you went wrong. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense Biblewriter. Your point is no point becuase what God is saying to us is as saints regardless of who/what we are we are Abraham's seed.

So you see...I don't spiritualize it...Paul does when he says we are all ONE, and being built into a SPIRITUAL TEMPLE in the Lord.

Take note! Also yes...when the scriptures speak spiritually, I will!!! :thumbsup:

You remain literal...and keep looking for Israel to be restored, and a temple to be built.

You need spiritual eyes, so as to see that being made one in Christ no more takes away our personal ethnic identify than it changes our chromosomes, in the same way that being made one in Christ, with the Father in us and we in Him does not make us to be "God", nor are we now "YHWH" when we are "made" one in Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if I was born a Jew, and am now born again in Christ, what does that make me? And does it really matter?
Well, I do not think you were really born as a seed of Jacob, by the way you worded the question, but were you born a female or a male Jew or Gentile?
Have you become an "it", a non gendered creature, a not married ,a not sexual, no chromosome creature,and become not able to procreate, and become not married to an opposite sex person?
Silly, isn't it, to try to make Jews into Gentiles and some blob of nothing as to their being, with no identity at all as to their being -which is totally unbiblical.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You need spiritual eyes, so as to see that being made one in Christ no more takes away our personal ethnic identify than it changes our chromosomes, in the same way that being made one in Christ, with the Father in us and we in Him does not make us to be "God", nor are we now "YHWH" when we are "made" one in Him.
That's the point exactly, except you're taking the intent of the passage BEYOND the point.

All you do is look at the entirety of the apostle's argument, which is found in Galatians 2, where Peter begins to be impartial towards the Gentiles in the church.

As you read on from there, realizing that to be the issue, the point comes to Galatians 3:27
27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Notice the metaphorical language "have clothed yourselves with Christ", (meaning if Jesus is a garment, you would put Him on).

3:28:
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

When you put on Christ you understand that regardless of the race, sex, or status of the person, they are IN CHRIST"...they have put on the same "Jesus Clothes" you're wearing and therefore you're dressed the same SPIRITUALLY!

3:29:
29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

That would be the QUALIFIER!!!! Because you believe by faith, and have put on your "Jesus Clothes" (JUST AS ABRAHAM DID), the very promise God made to Abraham is yours also and you are an heir of God's promise to Abraham!!! :clap:

You are all dressed the same (in Jesus Clothes), therefore spiritually you are the same!

Those are the "spiritual eyes" you should have...because that's how it goes...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus has some real good eyesalve that cures the blindness that is suffered by those who deny their ethnicity and their gender and are confused in darkness by taking Scripture out of context.

Rev 3:18... anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Ebedmelech, are you a male?
Do you have xy chromosomes?
Are you married to a female with xx chromosomes?

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesus has some real good eyesalve that cures the blindness that is suffered by those who deny their ethnicity and their gender and are confused in darkness by taking Scripture out of context.

Rev 3:18... anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Ebedmelech, are you a male?
Do you have xy chromosomes?
Are you married to a female with xx chromosomes?
It's ok...Jesus called it dull of hearing. Get with Him...He's a superb ear doctor...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You read with your eyes, not your fingers. What's wrong with your fingers?

Doug

I have an unusually bad case of carpal tunnel syndrome. The doctors tell me it is beyond surgery. So I have almost no feeling in my fingertips. If I cut my fingers, I learn about it when I see blood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

One of us, anyway.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ohhhhh! So now it's to the point where you can judge my salvation?

I had no idea you were omniscient Bibblewriter....:thumbsup:
I didn't say, or even imply anything about your salvation. You said that when Jesus comes he will explain to me where I was wroong, and I answered, one of us anyway.

I am thoroughly convinced He will reprove you for failing to believe He would actually do what He said He would do.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ohhhhh! So now it's to the point where you can judge my salvation?

I had no idea you were omniscient Bibblewriter....:thumbsup:
You are being really, really, trying. You make a truly arrogant statement to BW, then you claim his response is an accusation judging your salvation.
Do you even know what you are sounding like when you are being so contradictory and making such false and arrogant claims?

Are you a male gentile, Ebedmelech?

Upvote 0