Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Has anyone read this... I am half way through this and find it that Hank makes some excellent points when it comes to interpreting scripture, especially those of the apocalyptic nature...
I've heard of it. It's like an Orthodox Preterist response to the Left Behind series, right? People have said positive things about it.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do tell...
What, you think I am trying to bait and hook ya or something... Serious though, I am curious, based on other threads what some peoples thoughts are. Hank makes some very good and what appears to be very obvious arguements against the "popular" form of dispensational eschatology. I say popular because I know that not all Dispensationalists can be grouped under the Lahaye/Left Behind model.

Since Left Behind is the popular model going today Hank spends alot of time rebutting much of the Lahaye's viewpoints etc., and to be honest, Hank makes a ton of sense...

I will let you know more when I get to the end. But it does appear this far that Hank is taking a somewhat partial fullfillment viewpoint, especially that of the Olivet Discourse. Right now he is talking about the dating of Revelation... We shall see...

But Hank still teaches a Future rapture and second coming which are synonimous, not the rapture, then 7 year trib, followed by the second coming....

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've heard of it. It's like an Orthodox Preterist response to the Left Behind series, right? People have said positive things about it.

In Christ,

Acts6:5
Well, Hank does not call himself a preterist and Hank does believe in a future second coming. See most hyper-preterists or full preterists don't consider partial preterists, "Preterist". Hank calls it "Exegetical Eschatology" and is in nut shell allowing scripture to interpret scripture.

Good reading so far. Excellent points made. Will make sum people fairly upset. Oh well I guess...

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What, you think I am trying to bait and hook ya or something... Serious though, I am curious, based on other threads what some peoples thoughts are. Hank makes some very good and what appears to be very obvious arguements against the "popular" form of dispensational eschatology. I say popular because I know that not all Dispensationalists can be grouped under the Lahaye/Left Behind model.

Since Left Behind is the popular model going today Hank spends alot of time rebutting much of the Lahaye's viewpoints etc., and to be honest, Hank makes a ton of sense...

I will let you know more when I get to the end. But it does appear this far that Hank is taking a somewhat partial fullfillment viewpoint, especially that of the Olivet Discourse. Right now he is talking about the dating of Revelation... We shall see...

But Hank still teaches a Future rapture and second coming which are synonimous, not the rapture, then 7 year trib, followed by the second coming....
Since when does HH teach anything from the Bible? I thought all the books bearing his name were written by ghostwriters.
HH is no theologian and has no clue to Bible doctrine and has never had an original thought or statement on any biblical doctrine at any time that I have ever heard.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since when does HH teach anything from the Bible? I thought all the books bearing his name were written by ghostwriters.
HH is no theologian and has no clue to Bible doctrine and has never had an original thought or statement on any biblical doctrine at any time that I have ever heard.
hmmm...I've never heard of him...I like to stick to what God says anyway.

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's a shame that you have never heard of the guy, yet you will take one opinion on the man and make a judgement.

Hank Hanegraaff is president of CRI, or Christian Research Institute (www.equip.org). Hank has a daily radio broadcast called the Bible Answer Man. Hank is a strong apologist and a strong defender of orthodox christianity.

This is absolutely an idiotic statement. Hanegraaff has written some great books on apologetics and defending classical christianity against religious fads, especially those of the Word of Faith movement. Hank uses a ton of resources in his books. So why is that bad? Hank reads and studies past and current theologians alike. Whom else should you learn from. It sounds, based on what you have said, that one should right a book based on their own opinions and thoughts and not study and research past writers, thinkers, theologians, etc, Hanks new book is filled with resources that lends more to the credibility of his book.

And what IS good about that is that this is not just some idea or theology made up by one man.

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, Hanks new book is all about allowing the word of God to interpret itself. It's very intresting. Nothing so far that he has said in his book speaks of speculation, or off the wall assumption when it comes to eschatology. Hanks states that all of the prophetic can be understood. But, to understand it you have to understand the language, audience relevance, historical context etc... It's very good. Basically he is saying that the reason so many people get Revelation wrong is because they have futurized the all of Revelation. However Hank view is that Revelation was written to a literal 7 churches that would have read and understood the allegory and apocalyptic language. The reason they would have understood is because the imagery used in Revelation is taking straight from the old testament. However, we take a letter written 2000 years ago and turn locusts in to attack Helicopters...

You should read his book... Check out his website... Listen to a couple of his shows on line and then make a judgement on the man.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a shame that you have never heard of the guy, yet you will take one opinion on the man and make a judgement.

Hank Hanegraaff is president of CRI, or Christian Research Institute (www.equip.org). Hank has a daily radio broadcast called the Bible Answer Man. Hank is a strong apologist and a strong defender of orthodox christianity.

This is absolutely an idiotic statement. Hanegraaff has written some great books on apologetics and defending classical christianity against religious fads, especially those of the Word of Faith movement. Hank uses a ton of resources in his books. So why is that bad? Hank reads and studies past and current theologians alike. Whom else should you learn from. It sounds, based on what you have said, that one should right a book based on their own opinions and thoughts and not study and research past writers, thinkers, theologians, etc, Hanks new book is filled with resources that lends more to the credibility of his book.

And what IS good about that is that this is not just some idea or theology made up by one man.

What books has HH "written" himself? He certainly did not write "Christianity in Crisis", but he did put his name on it, without giving the credits to those who actually did do the work of putting it together.
He is a proven plagariser. You can google that fact and see online photo copies of a book he wrote and the one from which he copied it, and called it his own, using almost the exact same words, page after page.
You can also google a search and find him speaking a lie in his own words, which is taken from a meeting he had in which he admitted one thing about the purchase price of his then house which was being told about by others and which he was denying publically.
Someone put the tape online with him admitting the true outrageous price.
They also put online him speaking his own words and using profanity behind the scenes.
you might like to ask where all the money he solicits goes to and why his wife is on the payroll without doing work, and why he has become a very rich man living in a very exclusive gated community in a very high priced mansion.
I do not believe in him and believe him to be a bore without any original ideas or understanding in the word of God, nor do I believe he is a theologian, nor have I ever heard him giving any Bible doctrine that was his own understanding of the Word -at any time.

-But to each his own!
BTW: you also might like to go interview the family of Dr Martin and find out how HH took over the radio program. I think they are connected to a website where you can get the facts undisputed about HH and his shady dealings and outright untruths about how he got where he is -which was printed in the LA times and is available to read on many websites.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yikes...what judgment? I just said I've never heard of him and like to stick to what God says anyway.

It isn't that I refuse to read what he says, it is that I just don't care about anything else except what God says. I've come to the place where there's nothing more exciting or mentally stimulating than His Word. The layers of depth and symbolism and richness of it would take a million years to grasp all of it's meaning.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yikes...what judgment? I just said I've never heard of him and like to stick to what God says anyway.

It isn't that I refuse to read what he says, it is that I just don't care about anything else except what God says. I've come to the place where there's nothing more exciting or mentally stimulating than His Word. The layers of depth and symbolism and richness of it would take a million years to grasp all of it's meaning.
Amen!

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revvkidd,
I would caution you to read the Word before you try something HH says.
If you want to talk about specific doctrines and what you believe, why not just bring those up, instead of promoting a very dubious character .

The website of the Martin family reveals the truth about the man: http://www.waltermartin.org/cri.html
It isn't good to promote someone so embroiled in controversy about his finances and moral ethics.

Upvote 0

whiterider

Jul 14, 2007
southwest misery
✟8,724.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually, Hanks new book is all about allowing the word of God to interpret itself. It's very intresting. Nothing so far that he has said in his book speaks of speculation, or off the wall assumption when it comes to eschatology. Hanks states that all of the prophetic can be understood. But, to understand it you have to understand the language, audience relevance, historical context etc... It's very good. Basically he is saying that the reason so many people get Revelation wrong is because they have futurized the all of Revelation. However Hank view is that Revelation was written to a literal 7 churches that would have read and understood the allegory and apocalyptic language. The reason they would have understood is because the imagery used in Revelation is taking straight from the old testament. However, we take a letter written 2000 years ago and turn locusts in to attack Helicopters...

You should read his book... Check out his website... Listen to a couple of his shows on line and then make a judgement on the man.

So, he advocates that all New Testament prophecy is built upon the foundation of Old Testament prophecy? Hmmmmm, I wonder where I have heard that before?

Oh yeah, now I remember, that is what I have been saying all along, imagine that.

Upvote 0

RevKidd

Simple Mans Theologian
Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
✟9,180.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, he advocates that all New Testament prophecy is built upon the foundation of Old Testament prophecy? Hmmmmm, I wonder where I have heard that before?

Oh yeah, now I remember, that is what I have been saying all along, imagine that.

Sure, there are alot of people who do believe that, however you, myself, and many other teachers are squealched by the power of dispensational eshchatology and the model of the Left Behind series. I am surrounded week after week by those that are looking for the anti-christ, leary of any new technology that it might be the "Mark" etc...

I will say that Hanks books are very well researched and he does pull from alot of resources. But Hank, like him or not, might be the catalyst that puts sound Christian hermeneutics to the forefront today. Something that you or I or anyone else can't do.

I will take a look at those links. I have heard of his take over of CRI before which has been really the only thing about the man that I have ever found. But I will look at the other issues...

Right now I am almost finished with the book. So far it has been a pretty good read. Hank makes some solid points, granted many that are not his own, but he is using this book to hopefully put sound interpretation on the map.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.