Sep 27, 2006
California
Visit site
✟15,340.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:10-13 NKJV

Have you ever had a need that was met by an unexpected source? The Philippians helped Paul when they had the opportunity. But Paul is sharing how he does not depend on this support. He has learned to be content in whatever state he’s in. Can you say that about yourself? Our enemy likes to plant seeds of discontent into our hearts and mind. If we’re not careful, those seeds will grow into bitterness and resentfulness, which can ruin our lives. Paul says “everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry.” He can enjoy when he has plenty without seeking for more and he can tolerate being hungry without giving in to anger or frustration. A friend of mine told me about an acrostic H.A.L.T. It’s like an early warning system, to help us recognize the enemy’s tactics in our lives. H stands for hungry. If you’re hungry get something to eat ( Job 18:12 ). A stands for angry. If you’re angry ask yourself why? Pray about it and ask God what the proper way for dealing with it is ( Ephesians 4:26 ). L stands for lonely. Remember we are not alone, even if there’s no one around us, we have Christ living in us ( John 16:12-14 ). T stands for tired. If you’re tired, maybe it’s time to rest. For even God rested on the seventh day ( Exodus 31:17 ). Care for yourself, if you don’t, you will become weak and vulnerable. The enemy will have a field day with you. Ephesians 6:10-11 says “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” Notice Ephesians verse says “be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might”? It’s not be our efforts that we are strong. Paul tells the Philippians “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”. We can too!