Halt Israeli Nuclear program

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well these commentaries are exactly what i mean they are completely overhyped. Nowhere Ahmadinejad says he is going to attack israel. US/Israel however often threatened Iran with an attack.

If you read the article Ahmadinejad really DIDN'T say that, but the media in Iran twisted his words to hype that he did say that for the sake of the Iranian public eating it up, just like the American media enjoys doing to us. This spin got to the West and was taken as a truth.

Upvote 0

BlackAndy

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Dec 5, 2006
Hilliard, Ohio, USA
✟25,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If you read the article Ahmadinejad really DIDN'T say that, but the media in Iran twisted his words to hype that he did say that for the sake of the Iranian public eating it up, just like the American media enjoys doing to us. This spin got to the West and was taken as a truth.

I can plainly hear him say (along with the masses in attendance) "DEATH TO ISRAEL!!!"
Now, maybe I'm taking that wrong but I can't seem to wrap my mind around any other interpretation of those words...

Upvote 0

jcook922

Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I can plainly hear him say (along with the masses in attendance) "DEATH TO ISRAEL!!!"
Now, maybe I'm taking that wrong but I can't seem to wrap my mind around any other interpretation of those words...

I'm just going off what a Wiki article I read at one point said.

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
.... and that is just some of the things that have happened in the past five years...
should I continue?

Nah, no need to continue. It is widely known that Israel has been the target of terrorism and attacks from its neighbors for years, with the anti-semitism going back decades and continuing to escalate.

Hamas and hezbollah both provide the humanitarian services like food, healthcare and education that israel won't.

Hamas and Hezbollah are terrorist organizations that deliberately target civilians, behead their innocent captives, and their continued aggression towards Israel only damages their cause and lessens the chance of a peaceful resolution.

As the famous quote goes "If you want to stop terrorism, stop participating in it"

As we have seen, that has not worked. As Israel has not participated in terrorism, yet continues to be the victim of it.

You can't provide any proof of your false allegations against Iran, because you are just repeating US/Israeli propaganda which has no place in a discussion forum axed towards morals and truth.

Simply because you choose to ignore the evidence, that doesn't mean the danger Israel faces isn't there and the threats against Israel have not been made. :wave:

Upvote 0

jcook922

Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nah, no need to continue. It is widely known that Israel has been the target of terrorism and attacks from its neighbors for years, with the anti-semitism going back decades and continuing to escalate.

Hamas and Hezbollah are terrorist organizations that deliberately target civilians, behead their innocent captives, and their continued aggression towards Israel only damages their cause and lessens the chance of a peaceful resolution.

As we have seen, that has not worked. As Israel has not participated in terrorism, yet continues to be the victim of it.

Simply because you choose to ignore the evidence, that doesn't mean the danger Israel faces isn't there and the threats against Israel have not been made. :wave:

I would call it foolish to say that Israel doesn't commit atrocities in their country, they really do some horrible things to the Palestinians. But, Israel didn't start it the violence, and they reciprocate more than enough.

Upvote 0

revolutio

Apatheist Extraordinaire
Aug 3, 2003
R'lyeh
Visit site
✟6,762.00
Faith
Atheist
Bull. If not for Egypt's actions in the Sinai (backed by other Arab countries) and their amassing of troops and tanks along the border Israel would have had no cause to strike - preemptively - but defensively.
Nothing wrong with punching a bully in the nose first when you know the fight is coming.
Israel fought Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and about a half dozen other Arab nations lending material support to the fight.

In six days time, Israel took land from each aggressive nation. Spoils of war.
They've been whining about it ever since.
I hate to be the voice of moderation here but its pointless to talk about who "started" the Six Days War since everyone is using a different definition of "started." Yes Israel did make the first strike, but it was in response to a threatening military buildup by Egypt, but this was in response to the occupation of certain territories, etc...

If preserving peace in the Middle East is contingent on definitively resolving historical questions like that then the entire region is doomed. There is too much emotional investment in these issues to reach agreements about the past. The best that can be done is work to produce a practical solution for current troubles. However, since being the voice of moderation rarely makes an impression, I personally think that the Swiss should be tasked with legislating a compromise to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. All dissenters would then be deported.

Regarding nuclear weapons, obviously commitment nuclear non-proliferation is a sign of international good will, but Israel rarely demonstrates concern over its image. Also this requires admitting they have a nuclear stockpile, which they won't do officially. But between the Syria incident and Iran's work it isn't like they are the only ones semi-secretly toying with atoms in the region.

Upvote 0

Chipahualca

Aug 23, 2008
Germany
✟890.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Stop spreading your Bush doctrine disinformation here please.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have mixed feelings on this. For one thing, Israel needs to be able to protect itself. For another, the weapons have not so far been used and are mainly more of a deterrent at this point in time than anything else. However, its not really fair to say that other countries can't have nuclear weapons but Israel can. That and I am against weapons of mass destruction and their use. Therefore, I must say that I am mostly for this but also somewhat against it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
However, its not really fair to say that other countries can't have nuclear weapons but Israel can.

Or we can flip that around. The U.S., U.K., France, Russia, China, India and Pakistan can have nukes but Israel can't.

Upvote 0

Chipahualca

Aug 23, 2008
Germany
✟890.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What does a German know about a "Bush Doctrine"? Your posts speak of a hated in your heart for Israel and it's people. There is Hope for you as soon you will see the Obama Doctrine soon.

Where is there hatred for jews in my posts ??? You wingnuts and warmongers are all the same, when you run out of argument, you start spreading right out lies fabricated by your military propaganda orifices and resort to personal attacks.

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Stop spreading your Bush doctrine disinformation here please.

You're wrong, it's not the Bush Doctrine. Also, if what I'm saying is incorrect, you should have no problem proving it wrong. :thumbsup:

Where is there hatred for jews in my posts ??? You wingnuts and warmongers are all the same, when you run out of argument, you start spreading right out lies fabricated by your military propaganda orifices and resort to personal attacks.

Nope, they're not lies, you're wrong.

The amusing thing is that you profess to be against the spreading of propaganda, while simultaneously regurgitating an avalanche of it. :wave:

Upvote 0

Chipahualca

Aug 23, 2008
Germany
✟890.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You're wrong, it's not the Bush Doctrine. Also, if what I'm saying is incorrect, you should have no problem proving it wrong. :thumbsup:

Nope, they're not lies, you're wrong.

The amusing thing is that you profess to be against the spreading of propaganda, while simultaneously regurgitating an avalanche of it. :wave:

Many people here have proven it wrong dozens of times. But, when you and the rest of the pro-israel residents read it, your factproof convictions override your mental functions, and you begin calling people names, only to get a warning from the moderators. We don't need another rehearsal here.

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Many people here have proven it wrong dozens of times.

No, actually it hasn't been proven wrong. You're entitled to address it if you feel it is incorrect. Though I suspect you won't.

But, when you and the rest of the pro-israel residents read it, your factproof convictions override your mental functions,

Simply not true. In any event, it's still not an excuse for you to post propaganda or engage in personal attacks like you have been doing.

and you begin calling people names, only to get a warning from the moderators. We don't need another rehearsal here.

Feel free to point out where I have called anyone a name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chipahualca

Aug 23, 2008
Germany
✟890.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No, actually it hasn't been proven wrong. You're entitled to address it if you feel it is incorrect. Though I suspect you won't.

Simply not true. In any event, it's still not an excuse for you to post propaganda or engage in personal attacks like you have been doing.

Feel free to point out where I have called anyone a name.

I have not posted propaganda. But calling Hezbollah a terrorist group is right-wing US-zionist propaganda of the clearest kind. Also any act of terrorism supposedly commited by Hamas members is dwarved to the ratio 1:30 by crimes commited by israel against palestinian civilians. So will you just stop reciting the fairytale about poor israel and the evil muslims.

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have mixed feelings on this. For one thing, Israel needs to be able to protect itself. For another, the weapons have not so far been used and are mainly more of a deterrent at this point in time than anything else.

Exactly, Israel does need to protect itself as they have been the target of terrorism and aggression from their neighbors for decades. The weapons that Israel has you are correct, have been a deterrent. The reality is that Israel could wipe the floor with any neighbor that attacks them, but they have incredible restraint and always seek a peaceful solution.

However, its not really fair to say that other countries can't have nuclear weapons but Israel can. That and I am against weapons of mass destruction and their use. Therefore, I must say that I am mostly for this but also somewhat against it.

The difference here is that we're talking about countries that are politically unstable, and thus they should not be in possession of nuclear weapons.

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have not posted propaganda. But calling Hezbollah a terrorist group is right-wing US-zionist propaganda of the clearest kind. Also any act of terrorism supposedly commited by Hamas members is dwarved to the ratio 1:30 by crimes commited by israel against palestinian civilians. So will you just stop reciting the fairytale about poor israel and the evil muslims.

Hezbollah is a terrorist organization, if they don't like being called that, then perhaps they should ease up on the suicide bombings, kidnapping, and murder of innocent victims (regardless of religious ideology). Hamas is a terrorist organization for the same reasons.

Also, I never said anything about "poor israel" or "evil muslims". So keep the empty speculation to yourself unless I actually say something. :wave:

Upvote 0