Halloween video lineup

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
I doubt I'll be watching them, but I'd be remiss if I didn't put in a plug for The Innocents, Carnival of Souls, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, and Nosferatu. I maintain that no one captured horror better than the silent productions from the Weimar Republic.

The Wicker Man and several Twilight Zone and Night Gallery episodes probably deserve mention.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hope this isn't blasphemous :)

Anyone? Mostly can't stand horror but there are other options (eg thrillers, classic monster flicks etc).........my plan offhand:

Charlie Brown Halloween (mandatory every year)
Probably some classic monster flick
Van Helsing

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown? Classic. I should see if I can find Under Wraps, since it was filmed in my town.

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hope this isn't blasphemous :)

Anyone? Mostly can't stand horror but there are other options (eg thrillers, classic monster flicks etc).........my plan offhand:

Charlie Brown Halloween (mandatory every year)
Probably some classic monster flick
Van Helsing
I can't stand Halloween, but not because it's blasphemous or anything like that. I'm just repulsed at the aesthetics. The imagery is :sick:.

I'm not a movie person* anyway, and like you, I can't stand horror flicks. I'd rather read a book. Stereotypical yes, but I'm reading Stephen King this month. I just finished Pet Sematary. When reading, I can can control my imagination, so the imagery isn't that bad. ;)

*not a movie person: I'm hard of hearing, so it's not enjoyable to me when I can't hear all of the dialog. I can hear clearly for a while, but then the dialog will sound like a foreign language. Also, if the movie has advanced sound effects (think Michael Bay/Transformers) it literally hurts my ears. No thank you to that "headache."

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Twilight Zone and Night Gallery episodes probably deserve mention.
d'oh! Of course...

I can't stand Halloween, but not because it's blasphemous or anything like that. I'm just repulsed at the aesthetics.

I'm reading Stephen King
You don't like halloween imagery but you read him. OK........ ;)

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We will watch The Great Pumpkin at a little halloween sleepover my daughter is having. I also have all of Count Duckula and some other cartoons for them.

My wife and I will watch some Mystery Science Theater and Rifftrax when the kids go to sleep.

I always watch Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein. We have also, through October watched some Spooky Anime and such.

I listen to some of the old time radio Horror shows on the way to work and the newer ones in that style from the HP Lovecraft Historical Society.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0