✟23,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Andrew Murray in "With Christ in the School of Prayer" 1895 wrote,
Hallowed be Thy name.’ What name? This new name of Father. The word Holy is the central word of the Old Testament; the name Father of the New. In this name of Love all the holiness and glory of God are now to be revealed. And how is the name to be hallowed? By God Himself: ‘I will hallow My great name which ye have profaned.’ Our prayer must be that in ourselves, in all God’s children, in presence of the world, God Himself would reveal the holiness, the Divine power, the hidden glory of the name of Father. The Spirit of the Father is the Holy Spirit: it is only when we yield ourselves to be led of Him, that the name will be hallowed in our prayers and our lives. Let us learn the prayer: ‘Our Father, hallowed be Thy name.’"

His name is Yahweh, the eternal and self existing one Ahayah asher Ahayah "I AM THAT I AM"
אהיה אשׁר אהיה also rendered "I will be who I will be" (Exodus 3:14)
In the Psalms I find numerous references to His great name, which is always
יהוה - Yahweh, or as some say YeHovah, or YeHoweH, etc. "Jehovah" was a 16th century invention as there was no "J" until 1524.

Murray quotes a version of Ezekiel 36:23
"And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes."

There it says I am Yahweh, saith Adonai Yahweh. He says "I will hallow" or consecrate, make holy -VeQodashti,
וקדשׁתי His great name.

Certainly we can call upon "Our Father" Avinu,
אבינו - but Father is not a name, it is still a title. I notice in recent years even mainline churches are beginning to use the name Yahweh and Yeshua more and more. I've attended both types of services, and whenever given opportunity to speak in a regular church I exalt the name of Yahweh and Yeshua.

Reactions: HARK!

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hi Kokavkrystallo,

Welcome to CF!

Exodus 3

15 Elohim, furthermore, said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ' YHWH, the Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Abraham, the Elohim of Isaac, and the Elohim of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name FOREVER, and this is My memorial-name to all generations.-

Psalms 105:1 O give thanks unto YHWH; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi Kokavkrystallo,

Welcome to CF!

Exodus 3

15 Elohim, furthermore, said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ' YHWH, the Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Abraham, the Elohim of Isaac, and the Elohim of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name FOREVER, and this is My memorial-name to all generations.-

Psalms 105:1 O give thanks unto YHWH; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.

A couple years back I went through the Psalms and a few other passages that tell us to speak, sing, and exalt His NAME. Not "HaShem", or "Adonai" in place of "YHWH," as many do for various reasons. If El Shaddai Himself told us to use His name, no tradition of man should over-ride that. I do still use "LORD" and "God" unlike some who refuse to use those titles, but I do realize they are titles, and strangely all the pagan gods got their names transliterated in the KJV, whereas YHWH, Adonai, El/Elohim were changed, except for the few places "Jehovah" and "Jah" is used, but we know there was no "J" in English till 1524, there was "I" same as Greek Iesou or Iesous for Jesus Yeshua.

Isaiah 42:8 " I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." = I am Yahweh, that (or he) my name
אני יהוה הוא שמי

Psalm 106:47, "Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise."
Yahweh Elohinu, ....give thanks unto thy holy name...

Isaiah 47:4 "As for our redeemer, the Lord of hosts is his name, the Holy One of Israel."
Yahweh Tsabaoth, Lord of Hosts.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Jer 23:26
How long? Can the heart of the prophets who prophesy falsehood, even the prophets with deceit in their heart, turn back,

(CLV) Jer 23:27
who design to make My people forget My Name by their dreams which they recount, each one to his associate, just as their fathers forgot My Name for Baal?

Baal = "lord"

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
His NAME. Not "HaShem"
(CLV) Gn 6:4
As for the distinguished, they were on earth in those days and also afterward, when the sons of the elohim were coming to the daughters of the human, and they bore them offspring. They were the masterful ones, who were from the eon, mortals of renown (השם).

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A couple years back I went through the Psalms and a few other passages that tell us to speak, sing, and exalt His NAME. Not "HaShem", or "Adonai" in place of "YHWH," as many do for various reasons. If El Shaddai Himself told us to use His name, no tradition of man should over-ride that. I do still use "LORD" and "God" unlike some who refuse to use those titles, but I do realize they are titles, and strangely all the pagan gods got their names transliterated in the KJV, whereas YHWH, Adonai, El/Elohim were changed, except for the few places "Jehovah" and "Jah" is used, but we know there was no "J" in English till 1524, there was "I" same as Greek Iesou or Iesous for Jesus Yeshua.

Welcome to the board. :)

Personally, I no longer believe that YH is merely a shortened form of the Tetragrammaton, but rather, something with an even deeper meaning, for it is the first two letters of the Tetragrammaton, and therefore on the right, the right hand side, (your right as you read, as if looking into a mirror). And Who is the Right Hand of the Father? This is brought out in Psa 68:18, (and the surrounding context), which Paul quotes from in Eph 4:7-10.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0