Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,611.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hubby had his angioplasty today--they did it through his wrist (which he'd never had done before.) There were two arteries that were seriously blocked, but they needed to enter through the thigh to fix one of them so that they could use a bigger tube...

So his heart is half-fixed and he will have to have the rest of it fixed a week from today. In the meantime, I've been told to watch him carefully because he tends to downplay any pain he feels, and to go to the hospital if he is feeling pain.

Yeah, I could, "if only," such as "if only they had entered from the thigh to start with...." but that was poor judgment on the part of the cardiologist who did the pre-op interview, I guess.

And so for me it's six days of work missed in two weeks, two trips to the VA Hospital, two motel stays....

But we are still blessed that he has such good health care available, and blessed that despite what will be his fifth stent next week, he's never had a heart attack.

Came back to the motel to get his C-Pap machine, have been texting and talking to family all day.

Thanks everyone for their prayers, and I hope that your husband is recovering comfortably and quickly, AMDG.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,611.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He had had two previous angioplasties--the first after chest pains when he was in his 40's, the second after a stress test 5 years ago. This time he had some chest pains, dizziness, and rubber knees, and the last two symptoms had been increasing over the past few months. He had a stress test, nuclear stress test, echocardiagram, and finally this appointment.

It's good that one of the blockages is corrected. They couldn't go in in the other direction today because apparently putting too much dye in the veins in a short period of time can damage the kidneys--thus the week long wait to finish correcting the problem.

Since retiring a few months ago he's lost 13 pounds and walks about a mile with the dogs each day. Maybe that's kept him going until today. He'll be here overnight, so it will just be 5 days till we have to come back. I will probably run a tight ship at home--broiled chicken and fish, nothing salty, fatty, or sweet--at least till it's all fixed. He has been doing better, but we'd better be really careful this week.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He had had two previous angioplasties--the first after chest pains when he was in his 40's, the second after a stress test 5 years ago. This time he had some chest pains, dizziness, and rubber knees, and the last two symptoms had been increasing over the past few months. He had a stress test, nuclear stress test, echocardiagram, and finally this appointment.

It's good that one of the blockages is corrected. They couldn't go in in the other direction today because apparently putting too much dye in the veins in a short period of time can damage the kidneys--thus the week long wait to finish correcting the problem.

Since retiring a few months ago he's lost 13 pounds and walks about a mile with the dogs each day. Maybe that's kept him going until today. He'll be here overnight, so it will just be 5 days till we have to come back. I will probably run a tight ship at home--broiled chicken and fish, nothing salty, fatty, or sweet--at least till it's all fixed. He has been doing better, but we'd better be really careful this week.
Keep us updated & take care of yourself as well. Prayers will be going up for you both.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I hope that your husband is recovering comfortably and quickly, AMDG.

Snipped to portion addressed

Thanks so much for the well wishes and prayers. The doctor said that my husband's recovery will be anywhere from 3 months to 6 months. Had to have a triple bypass with replacement of a valve and still has a-fib. There were complications that required oxygen and dialysis that required a month and a half in the hospital. One doctor said that just twenty years ago, there would have been nothing to save his life, so I'm joining you in being grateful for today's medical advances. (It was indeed scary and I can't praise enough one social worker who ended up calling me on a Friday night to help point us in the right direction. May she be blessed abundantly.)

I pray your husband will also recover quickly and comfortably. May God bless you both and ease any worries you might have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Snipped to portion addressed

Thanks so much for the well wishes and prayers. The doctor said that my husband's recovery will be anywhere from 3 months to 6 months. Had to have a triple bypass with replacement of a valve and still has a-fib. There were complications that required oxygen and dialysis that required a month and a half in the hospital. One doctor said that just twenty years ago, there would have been nothing to save his life, so I'm joining you in being grateful for today's medical advances. (It was indeed scary and I can't praise enough one social worker who ended up calling me on a Friday night to help point us in the right direction. May she be blessed abundantly.)

I pray your husband will also recover quickly and comfortably. May God bless you both and ease any worries you might have.
Continued prayers for both of you ~ God bless you :crossrc:

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Hubby had his angioplasty today--they did it through his wrist (which he'd never had done before.) There were two arteries that were seriously blocked, but they needed to enter through the thigh to fix one of them so that they could use a bigger tube...

So his heart is half-fixed and he will have to have the rest of it fixed a week from today. In the meantime, I've been told to watch him carefully because he tends to downplay any pain he feels, and to go to the hospital if he is feeling pain.

Yeah, I could, "if only," such as "if only they had entered from the thigh to start with...." but that was poor judgment on the part of the cardiologist who did the pre-op interview, I guess.

And so for me it's six days of work missed in two weeks, two trips to the VA Hospital, two motel stays....

But we are still blessed that he has such good health care available, and blessed that despite what will be his fifth stent next week, he's never had a heart attack.

Came back to the motel to get his C-Pap machine, have been texting and talking to family all day.

Thanks everyone for their prayers, and I hope that your husband is recovering comfortably and quickly, AMDG.

Lord I pray for Fantine's husband. I pray healing Lord and I also pray that you will strengthen Fantine through this process.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Entrusting Fantine's and AMDG's husbands to the Sacred Heart of Jesus .

Sacred_Hearticon.jpg

Upvote 0