GVD Villain of the Year 2007 Voting

Vote for Galactic Villain's Day Villain of the Year!

• Capt. Hook

• Melkor

• Sauron

• Darth Vader

• Moriarty

• Sephiroth

Results are only viewable after voting.
Galactic Villains' Day is fast approaching, which means a new Villain of the Year must be named. Though I have little time right now, I want to get this up before I am out of time. You can look up the candidates in the Wikipedia until I can get their official introduction up.

Vulgivagus hagiographus

Rambling Writer
Mar 12, 2004
Space (the final frontier, don't cha know?)
Visit site
✟2,690.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Yay! I’m so glad that I randomly stumbled across this. OBVIOUSLY I have to vote!

I think I voted the same last year, but after reading Peter Pan, I most certainly can vote no other way.

HOOK!

HOOK!

HOOK!

*raises a finger bent in the shape of a hook to accent her chanting*

Upvote 0
All right, so I'm pretty late, but I've been busy. Anyway, here are the nominees for the 2007 Villain of the Year:

Returning to the ballot again this year is Never-neverland's pirate king. Described as "He was never more sinister than when he was most polite," and as the only man Long John Silver ever feared, he is perhaps the truest form of villainy. His favorite pastimes are killing lost boys and instilling terror into his pirate crew. It is none other than Capt. Jas. Hook.

From the Tolkien chronicles comes our second nominee. He began as the most powerful of the Ainur, but his desire for dominion led to his turn to villainy. He is responsible for the destruction of the two lamps and later of the two trees, and also stole the silmarils from the elves. A being of true evil, and the former lord of Sauron, the nominnee for the 2007 Villain of the Year is Melkor/Morgoth.

Also from Middle Earth, we present last year's winner. Starting off as a necromancer, he tricked the races of Middle Earth into forging the rings of power so that he himself could forge the One Ring to rule them all. Cunning, powerful, and bent on world domination or destruction, Sauron.

Next is a villain that needs little introduction. He has been ranked third on AMI's top movie villains. He has created a vast number of signatures such as his labored breathing, his red light saber, and even his black helmet. He is responsible for the slaughter of all but two of the jedi, as well as the conquest of most of his galaxy. Without further ado, presenting Darth Vader.

The next candidate hails from eighteenth century London. He is widely considered as the first example of a supervillain. He is well known as the "Napoleon of crime." The archnemesis of Sherlock Holmes, and an equal match in intellect, he is none other than Professor Moriarty.

Finally is the character well hailed as the greatest (or worst, however you take it) video game villain. The main antagonist of Final Fantasy VII, he is driven by madness and attempted to drain his planet of all its energy. Wielding the legendary Masamune, the last nominee for the 2007 villain of the year is Sephiroth.

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I voted for Sephiroth. :) I wasn't sure whether to vote for him or Melkor, but I don't know that much about Melkor so I picked Sephiroth.

(by the way, Agent Smith should be here too :p )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Well, The voting is technically over, but since I have extended a few absentee ballots, I will not announce a Villain of the Year until later this week.
That and I'm just really busy.

Anyone who has not voted may still put in a written vote until I announce the winner.

Upvote 0
All right. I realize that it is already over, but Happy Galactic Villain's Day, everyone.

Now, this year, I branched out a bit further, garnering votes off-site. However, the winner for this year's Villain of the Year award is none other than the nefarious terror of Never-neverland, Capt. James Hook!
Capt. Hook could not be here this evening to accept the award. Accepting the award on his behalf is his first mate, Starkey.

To learn more about this year's Villain of the Year, visit his entry at the Wikipedia: Capt. Hook

And a big thank you to all our nominees and to everyone who voted.

Upvote 0