Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, there it is. The great American right to gladly forfeit safety for all in exchange for the freedom to die.
There is a such thing as handling guns safely remember what I said if someone has a gun they do not intend to use in a violent manner ( unless in defense that person can have a gun all day long and no one is harmed.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟198,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so does that mean you are OK with people having guns as long as they are trained? Civilians can get training and if they are smart they train anyway, Shooting ranges ECT
LoL, oh, absolutely not.

I was being 100% sarcastic.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟907,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟198,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a such thing as handling guns safely remember what I said if someone has a gun they do not intend to use in a violent manner ( unless in defense that person can have a gun all day long and no one is harmed.
Oh, so guns don’t shoot if the person who has it doesn’t intend to use it in a violent manner? It’s weird. A kid here was shot in the chest by a gun. And I just watched a video of a guy who shot himself in the foot during a gun safety training. I wonder why they were choosing to be violent against themselves?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟907,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Our over-arching goal was to incur the fine and join the lawsuit by other schools who are doing similar and force a judicial decision instead of a legislative one. If it was simply a bribe in the form of a fine to be able to continue to ban guns on school property, I’d have agreed with your stance. However, having hit the wall with legislative actions, we were wanting to go another route.
basically hoping that the judges would side with the schools? How likely would that be?

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟198,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so if someone gets training you have no issue with them having a gun?
Some guns, sure.

On school property, no, no guns outside of law enforcement, military, or other professional who took more than an afternoon gun safety course.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟907,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh, so guns don’t shoot if the person who has it doesn’t intend to use it in a violent manner? It’s weird. A kid here was shot in the chest by a gun. And I just watched a video of a guy who shot himself in the foot during a gun safety training. I wonder why they were choosing to be violent against themselves?
a person has to actually shoot the gun guns do not shoot themselves and if a person has no plans to use the gun they do not just go off ( with VERY few exceptions. As to the gun safety training that is why we have those courses it is HIGHLY likely that the gun was in some way being handled carelessly. Guns VERY rarely just go off.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟907,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Some guns, sure.

On school property, no, no guns outside of law enforcement, military, or other professional who took more than an afternoon gun safety course.
What is it about school property then? A person is either trained or they are not. A person either can be trusted with a gun or they cannot being on certain property does not change that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

InChristAlone525

May 12, 2022
tropics
✟17,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, there it is. The great American right to gladly forfeit safety for all in exchange for the freedom to die.
Um, I just said life before all the restrictions was peaceful, how does that equate to freedom to die? (I believe 9/11 was an inside job). Have you ever lived in the 90's?

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟155,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's not what the Constitution says.

Do tell us about the intentions behind our second amendment. Here's a quote from the article I'm posting. "At the time it was passed, it seems it was not intended to grant a right for private individuals to keep weapons for self defense". Toss in a couple rulings from a partisan Supreme Court and voila! Your constitution is interpreted falsely and Americans are forced to witness continual sacrifice of family, friends and neighbors. Sacrifice is the proper descriptor I might add. This is the polar opposite of God's commandment to love others as we love our guns, or selves. And folks like to claim America is a Christian nation. Hardy har har.

If Americans wanted to protect our children and neighbors, we would prioritize lives over politics. And vote accordingly. This is the crux of our gun violence issue. We have yet to prioritize lives of Americans. I have lived 55 years without shooting a gun at anyone. I absolutely know I don't need to carry one in public. Fear makes people act irrationally. Are Americans too scared to live without guns for peace of mind? That's a resounding Yes, with evidence daily.

Why do you think political parties are desperate to install partisan justices onto our Supreme Court nowadays? Because interpretations are now partisan and politics are far more important to our leaders than saving lives of constituents. We enjoyed 50 years of precedence regarding the abortion fiasco and look what politics has done for women?! All due to alternative interpretations of our constitution for political purposes. Methinks you will need to do better than a one liner in a discussion of this magnitude friend. You enjoy your day now. Peace

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟155,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Alright extremist, I'm a gun owner I guess that means I support homicide! :rolleyes:

No offense ma'am, but you haven't a clue who I am. I never said anything of the sort. I own weapons myself. Yet I don't need to worship them. I also respect fiscal responsibility, yet I cannot find a republican worth voting for lately. Dumb luck that lol. Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟907,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do tell us about the intentions behind our second amendment. Here's a quote from the article I'm posting. "At the time it was passed, it seems it was not intended to grant a right for private individuals to keep weapons for self defense". Toss in a couple rulings from a partisan Supreme Court and voila! Your constitution is interpreted falsely and Americans are forced to witness continual sacrifice of family, friends and neighbors. Sacrifice is the proper descriptor I might add. This is the polar opposite of God's commandment to love others as we love our guns, or selves. And folks like to claim America is a Christian nation. Hardy har har.

If Americans wanted to protect our children and neighbors, we would prioritize lives over politics. And vote accordingly. This is the crux of our gun violence issue. We have yet to prioritize lives of Americans. I have lived 55 years without shooting a gun at anyone. I absolutely know I don't need to carry one in public. Fear makes people act irrationally. Are Americans too scared to live without guns for peace of mind? That's a resounding Yes, with evidence daily.

Why do you think political parties are desperate to install partisan justices onto our Supreme Court nowadays? Because interpretations are now partisan and politics are far more important to our leaders than saving lives of constituents. We enjoyed 50 years of precedence regarding the abortion fiasco and look what politics has done for women?! All due to alternative interpretations of our constitution for political purposes. Methinks you will need to do better than a one liner in a discussion of this magnitude friend. You enjoy your day now. Peace

and neither have the vast majority of gun owners shot anyone. There are 300 million guns in this country and millions of gun owners if the average gun owner was the problem we would know it as there would be MANY MANY more shootings than there are. As it is there are only about 50k gun deaths a year TOTAL deaths if the people who supposedly worship guns were the problem there would be 100,000s or millions of firearm deaths each year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟155,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and neither have the vast majority of gun owners shot anyone. There are 300 million guns in this country and millions of gun owners if the average gun owner was the problem we would know it as there would be MANY MANY more shootings than there are. A it is there are only about 50k gun deaths a year TOTAL deaths if the people who supposedly worship guns were the problem there would be 100,000s or millions of firearm deaths each year.

My point is not about the worshippers directly causing the unnecessary gun violence problem, but their indirect culpability for the lax firearm restrictions in America. I am an average gun owner. I understand i am not the problem because I actually want better firearm regulation and mental health checks and yada yada yada. Boy, Self awareness has really diminished in our nation. Many people shan't be inconvenienced by waiting a day or two for the background check to go thru. This is a problem for those of us who want to decrease the number of unnecessary deaths from gun violence. If we weren't so tribal about everything communication would be possible and solutions could be discovered. You will never find solutions if you don't try. The only way, I repeat, the only way to fail is to quit trying. Only approximately 50,000 Americans dead due to gun violence per year is not acceptable to me. This is our concern dude.

And we could demand more from our politicians than we do. Gun worshippers don't even consider voting for leaders who will try to mitigate the unnecessary gun violence problem because of fear. And politicians have exploited this for decades. And I won't consider voting for politicians who will not even talk about firearm regulations to protect innocent American lives. I am only a one issue voter now, unless both candidates will discuss doing something about gun regulations. Then I move on to contrast the candidates on other issues.

Until we demand better from our leaders we're going to see them deteriorate in character as well as competence.That's just an interesting fact. While we citizens ironically suffer from our own choices at the voting booth. Congress has a very low approval rating in America. Can you explain the logic that leads us to reelect the very people whom we disapprove of at a rate of 98%? Fear leads folks into making poor choices.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,218,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Our over-arching goal was to incur the fine and join the lawsuit by other schools who are doing similar and force a judicial decision instead of a legislative one. If it was simply a bribe in the form of a fine to be able to continue to ban guns on school property, I’d have agreed with your stance. However, having hit the wall with legislative actions, we were wanting to go another route.
But isn't that a similar sentiment to what I was describing (just a different way of doing it)?
(IE: an attempt at finding a way for circumnavigating legislative outcomes you don't like)

People vote on who their legislators are, and have the option to replace them at regularly scheduled intervals if they're not adequately representing them, it seems like notion of "we hit a wall with regards to legislative action, so we want to go another route" is just another way of saying "we're outnumbered, but still want our way, and we don't want to wait to do it through the proper channels".

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟907,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My point is not about the worshippers directly causing the unnecessary gun violence problem, but their indirect culpability for the lax firearm restrictions in America. I am an average gun owner. I understand i am not the problem because I actually want better firearm regulation and mental health checks and yada yada yada. Boy, Self awareness has really diminished in our nation. Many people shan't be inconvenienced by waiting a day or two for the background check to go thru. This is a problem for those of us who want to decrease the number of unnecessary deaths from gun violence. If we weren't so tribal about everything communication would be possible and solutions could be discovered. You will never find solutions if you don't try. The only way, I repeat, the only way to fail is to quit trying. Only approximately 50,000 Americans dead due to gun violence per year is not acceptable to me. This is our concern dude.

And we could demand more from our politicians than we do. Gun worshippers don't even consider voting for leaders who will try to mitigate the unnecessary gun violence problem because of fear. And politicians have exploited this for decades. And I won't consider voting for politicians who will not even talk about firearm regulations to protect innocent American lives. I am only a one issue voter now, unless both candidates will discuss doing something about gun regulations. Then I move on to contrast the candidates on other issues.

Until we demand better from our leaders we're going to see them deteriorate in character as well as competence.That's just an interesting fact. While we citizens ironically suffer from our own choices at the voting booth. Congress has a very low approval rating in America. Can you explain the logic that leads us to reelect the very people whom we disapprove of at a rate of 98%? Fear leads folks into making poor choices.
A lot of people do not trust the government to stop at reasonable regulations. What they need to do is do a better job of enforcing the laws already on the books. There are almost always firearm enhancments for example attached to crimes, yet often those are dropped in plea bargains; which are a NEEDED part of our justice system otherwise the courts would be even more overrun than they are now.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟907,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
But isn't that a similar sentiment to what I was describing (just a different way of doing it)?
(IE: an attempt at finding a way for circumnavigating legislative outcomes you don't like)

People vote on who their legislators are, and have the option to replace them at regularly scheduled intervals if they're not adequately representing them, it seems like notion of "we hit a wall with regards to legislative action, so we want to go another route" is just another way of saying "we're outnumbered, but still want our way, and we don't want to wait to do it through the proper channels".
that is why I was wondering what makes the poster think the courts would "work."

Upvote 0