United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ancestoral background?
1/2 American and 1/2 Italian (you wouldn't guess the Italian part).

:thumbsup:

The Robe, Ben Hur.
Good movies. :)

Any pets? If so, how many and what kinds.

1 amazing cat. I never liked cats in my entire life until this one came along about 4 months ago.
:D Each cat is different! I loved mine. :)

What's your favorite Christian theological subject?

Pretty much anything that might help others.
:)

katherine2001 said:
What type of ethnic foods do you like to eat? Any Favorites? Italian is probably my favorite, followed by Greek. For Italian food, my favorite is lasagna. For Greek food, my favorite is the lemon-garlic chicken!
:thumbsup: Sounds good to me.

What is your favorite dessert(s)? Chocolate cake with vanilla icing, spice cake with caramel icing, blackberry cobbler, bread pudding, and the caramel waffle cookies made by the Dutch. A friend of my niece's brought some back from Holland as a present, and the family devoured the whole package of 10. I was so glad to find out that two Dutch brothers here in Billings make and sell them--so I can buy them whenever I want to. They also run a little cafe and make a lot of Dutch foods. I am going to have to get there one day.
Sounds good! I couldn't possibly name all the desserts I like. ^_^

How many bibles do you own? 3. I have a King James, the original Orthodox Study Bible (which had the NT books and the Psalms) and the new Orthodox Study Bible (which has the OT using the Septuagint and the NT).
Same here. I've got one more than those called the Third Millenium Bible which is basically the KJV as authentically as possible, apparently. :D

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What's your favorite sports team (for all the sports fans on this thread lol)?

N/A lol

^_^

What type of ethnic food do you like to eat. Any favorites?
Iranian pototoes and rice with sapphron is my absolute favorite, could be an everyday staple

That sounds interesting and good!

Do you homeschool your children?
I did yes, which might have been risky for me to do because Im not too bright lol

^_^ Oh, I'm sure you were bright enough. I bet the kids learned a lot. :D

What type of nonalcohol drinks do you like to partake of?
Peach mango fruit juice

I'm a juiceaholic. :blush:

What's your favorite dessert(s)?
Cheesecake or pistachio cake are two of my favs (mmm...)

Oh man...you just reminded me of the absolutely DELICIOUS PISTACHIO MILKSHAKES I had in Athens back in May. They were to die for!!!!

What would you say was and is your favorite school subjects?
Art, Gym and Lunch ^_^

^_^ I thought that when I was in school. Now, I can say I liked history and literature. :p

What's your occupation?
Not occupied thats why I'm here alot lol
^_^ :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a juiceaholic. :blush:

Oh me too Dorothea, I hate when I start dieting the first thing to go is my juice (its awful withdrawl) ^_^

Oh man...you just reminded me of the absolutely DELICIOUS PISTACHIO MILKSHAKES I had in Athens back in May. They were to die for!!!!

OK this I have to try, there MUST BE an online recipe for me to find where I can make one of those bad boys myself, that sounds absolutely delicious, Im so there :thumbsup:

I will search online for this, "Athens pistachio milkshake" (heres hoping)
AsmilieCheers.gif

^_^ I thought that when I was in school. Now, I can say I liked history and literature. :p

I still have no interest, whats wrong with me?
scratch.gif

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
[/color]

Oh me too Dorothea, I hate when I start dieting the first thing to go is my juice (its awful withdrawl) ^_^

^_^ I don't cut it out. It's all 100% juice, and since I can drink it with my hypoglycemia, ain't nobody gonna take it away from me!! :p

OK this I have to try, there MUST BE an online recipe for me to find where I can make one of those bad boys myself, that sounds absolutely delicious, Im so there :thumbsup:

I will search online for this, "Athens pistachio milkshake" (heres hoping)
AsmilieCheers.gif

[/color]
:cool:

I still have no interest, whats wrong with me?
scratch.gif
^_^ I'm sure you have other interests. :D

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[/color]
^_^ I don't cut it out. It's all 100% juice, and since I can drink it with my hypoglycemia, ain't nobody gonna take it away from me!! :p

No wonder D! Gees, I feel for the poor soul who tries taken it from ya ^_^

Thats awful, I had something like that pregnant where I had this extremely low sugar thing and I never flip (Im pretty easy going) but I did and in a store in public) with my mom (who hid from me) but as soon as I ate a cookie (because I was famished) "the flipping out" stopped^_^

It was a really weird experience, has that ever happened to you? Is it the same thing? Not sure, someone who dont know me could probrobly say, oh she was having a bad day but that wasnt it AT ALL. It was a good day and I would never go back to that store again, cause how could I explain? ^_^

Whatever it was... a cookie solved the problem :thumbsup:

^_^ I'm sure you have other interests. :D

Your right, I have an interest in collecting smilies
Asmiliebiggrin.gif

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No wonder D! Gees, I feel for the poor soul who tries taken it from ya ^_^

Thats awful, I had something like that pregnant where I had this extremely low sugar thing and I never flip (Im pretty easy going) but I did and in a store in public) with my mom (who hid from me) but as soon as I ate a cookie (because I was famished) "the flipping out" stopped^_^

It was a really weird experience, has that ever happened to you? Is it the same thing? Not sure, someone who dont know me could probrobly say, oh she was having a bad day but that wasnt it AT ALL. It was a good day and I would never go back to that store again, cause how could I explain? ^_^
Wow. Yeah, when you're pregnant, the hormones and blood sugar change a bit. No, it's not the case for me. I have to stay awy from concentrated sugar...especially brown sugar and molasses. Seems to really bother me. Causes nausea, dizziness, weakness, and disorientation, basically. Anyhow, if I ever feel a hypoglycemic attack, nothing is better to stabilize my sugar levels than a handful of peantus. Yep. Just a handful and I'm fine in a minute or so. :)

Your right, I have an interest in collecting smilies
Asmiliebiggrin.gif
th_laugh3.gif
Nice hobby. I like doing jigsaw puzzles.
daydreaming.gif

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow. Yeah, when you're pregnant, the hormones and blood sugar change a bit. No, it's not the case for me. I have to stay awy from concentrated sugar...especially brown sugar and molasses. Seems to really bother me. Causes nausea, dizziness, weakness, and disorientation, basically. Anyhow, if I ever feel a hypoglycemic attack, nothing is better to stabilize my sugar levels than a handful of peantus. Yep. Just a handful and I'm fine in a minute or so. :)

I had no idea, just a handful of peanuts huh? Thats pretty neat, and how it works so fast like that. Do you miss brown sugar D?

Can you eat raw sugar and perhaps a ground date mix or some substitute? Im thinking thanksgiving sweet potatoes with all that junk on there is out of the question ^_^

Though its pretty kool both work within a minute, whatever I had (which needed sugar) and what you had that a handful of peanuts took care of. I just had a taste of what folks go through (if just a little) when somethings off, and I never expected "that" it come as a surprise

th_laugh3.gif
Nice hobby. I like doing jigsaw puzzles.
daydreaming.gif

Keep posting them so I can steal them from ya ^_^

Jigsaws would drive me nuts, all those tiny little pieces, although I can somewhat relate, I love word type puzzle pictures too. The ones with a thousand pieces I wouldnt attempt, I just dont have the patience for it, some folks are addicted to them....well...If the electricity was off and I couldnt get online I might "try it" (to pass the time) but as soon as the power come on it gets shoved back in the box ^_^

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had no idea, just a handful of peanuts huh? Thats pretty neat, and how it works so fast like that. Do you miss brown sugar D?
Not really. I don't think I ate much stuff w/it in the food. lol But sometimes I wish I could eat a Snickers bar or Reeses Peanut Butter cups, but I compensate with chocolate chip ice cream shakes (I can eat those w/out much trouble because the chips are miroscopic). I can eat cheesecake and choco chip cookies (2-3 at a time...that's it). So, I have things I can eat. I can have yummy Pumpkin Spice lattes from Starbucks, and that's always a treat. :D

Can you eat raw sugar and perhaps a ground date mix or some substitute? Im thinking thanksgiving sweet potatoes with all that junk on there is out of the question ^_^
^_^ No, no raw sugar. Equal or Splenda has to substitute if gonna put some in my decaf regular coffee or something. :)

Keep posting them so I can steal them from ya ^_^
:cool:

Jigsaws would drive me nuts, all those tiny little pieces, although I can somewhat relate, I love word type puzzle pictures too. The ones with a thousand pieces I wouldnt attempt, I just dont have the patience for it, some folks are addicted to them....well...If the electricity was off and I couldnt get online I might "try it" (to pass the time) but as soon as the power come on it gets shoved back in the box ^_^
1000-piece Charles Wysocki puzzles, I love. I collect them. I finish them in 2 days. They're great. ^_^ I don't have patience for crocheting, needle point, anything like that. Drives me batty.
wacko.gif

lolabove.gif
@ "as soon as the power comes on it gets shoved back in the box."

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really. I don't think I ate much stuff w/it in the food. lol But sometimes I wish I could eat a Snickers bar or Reeses Peanut Butter cups, but I compensate with chocolate chip ice cream shakes (I can eat those w/out much trouble because the chips are miroscopic). I can eat cheesecake and choco chip cookies (2-3 at a time...that's it). So, I have things I can eat. I can have yummy Pumpkin Spice lattes from Starbucks, and that's always a treat. :D

I gotta try one of those pumkin spice lattes too, thanks for the idea D. We had to walk past a Starbucks today because the christmas shoppers were hogging the place (the line was way too long)...
I just looked on...
slobbersmilie.gif

^_^ No, no raw sugar. Equal or Splenda has to substitute if gonna put some in my decaf regular coffee or something. :)

Oh man, when I first read that I thought it was none of the above, I'd be like... "Lord take me now" ^_^ Good you can have substitutes:thumbsup:

1000-piece Charles Wysocki puzzles, I love. I collect them. I finish them in 2 days. They're great. ^_^ I don't have patience for crocheting, needle point, anything like that. Drives me batty.
wacko.gif

Me too D, I can relate, I tried that yarn needle thing before and made this long tube thingy (like 3 feet long) once. But I didnt know what to do with it to make it "into" something useful after that. I sorta got stuck there. I saved it for a couple of months and would just pull it out to show whoever was around and say, "hey look at the TUBE THINGY I made".

I realized it wasnt much of an accomplishment after awhile^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Where were you born? Kyiv

What age group do you fall in: Teen, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-100 (wooo!!) I'm 20

Are you married? No, but we're working on it

If you're married, how many years have you been married?

Any children?

If so, how many, and what are their gender?

Any grandchildren: At 20, I hope not :eek:

What's your favorite holiday? Easter

What type of music do you like to listen to?

Secular: Queen
Christian: Anything from the 16th century

Any siblings? If so, how many and what are their gender? 6 siblings, 5 brothers and 1 sister.

Ancestoral background? Ukrainian

Favorite books:

Secular: Lord of the Rings, the Masters of Rome series
Christian: Ratzinger's Jesus of Nazareth, Gerhard's Sacred Meditations

Some of your favorite movies: Lord of the Rings, Goldeneye, True Lies

Can you speak another language than your native one? How many other languages? English, Ukrainian, and I used to be better at German

What part of the world do you live in? Florida

Any pets? If so, how many and what kinds. Nope, my rent doesn't allow it

Did you ever serve in the military, or have you or are you a military dependent? 2d Lt in the USAF, will be captain when I graduate med school and will serve as a military doc

What tv shows do you like to watch? Fringe, House

What's your favorite Christian theological subject? Sacramentology

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Do you know how to play any instruments? Yes, I play piano and organ, and sing choral

Did you grow up playing an instrument? Piano

What countries would you like to visit that you haven't visited? Where do I start? Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Armenia, Georgia, Malta, Lebanon, Syria...

What's your favorite sport to watch? I'm not really a sports person, but the World Cup was fun

What type of ethnic food do you like to eat. Any favorites? Ukranian, obviously. I'm also a fan of Thai, Greek, and Arab. And sushi.

What kind of car do you drive? 2001 Ford Taurus. The passenger rearview mirror is held on with duct tape

Do you homeschool your children? No, but I'll definitely consider it when I have kids

What type of nonalcohol drinks do you like to partake of? Coffee, Tea. The dentist hates my stained teeth.

What's your favorite dessert(s)? I'm not a huge dessert person, but I'll go with pie. Subway cookies are also good. Oh, and fudge brownies

What would you say was and is your favorite school subjects? Science, History, Music

What's your favorite time of the day? Night

Sunrise
Late morning
Afternoon
Sunset
Late evening

How many Bibles do you own? 7-8

What's your occupation? Medical student

Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you know how to play any instruments? guitar just a little bit - my husband plays a little bit too and our teenage daughter plays guitar pretty well. we have decided it is time for our 11 year old son to learn to play guitar now and we won't make him use his younger sister's purple hannah montanna guitar either

Did you grow up playing an instrument?not really - a little violin in elementarty school and then learned a little guitar when I was 12

What countries would you like to visit that you haven't visited?
Israel
What's your favorite sport to watch?
Olympics - it is only once every two years and that is about all I want to see of sports
none
I like ethnic food best when it is homemade by people from those countries.
What kind of car do you drive?
old ones
no
reading
What's your favorite time of the day?
depends on the day, place and season
How many Bibles do you own?
lots! we have lots of different translations and study versions - probably over a dozen. My son had a school assignment where they chose items to take on a wagon train and they had a weight limit and he had been told he had a wife, so he chose to take two bibles - one for each of them. :)
I made him cut back to one bible to share since he needed to take other items, but it shows that he feels that everyone should have their own bible.
What's your occupation?
I have many -mom, wife, teacher, and more...

Upvote 0

Kvikklunsj

Dec 26, 2004
Finland
✟11,951.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty much a lurker here but I thought I'd answer anyways. :D

Where were you born?
MN

What age group do you fall in: Teen, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-100 (wooo!!)

Are you married?
yes

3 months...met my husband here on CF, actually :p but it'll probably be another 6-10 months until he gets his visa to move here from Norway, where he lives

Any children?
nope

-

Any grandchildren:
-

-

What's your favorite holiday?
Lent/Easter

Progressive rock is probably my favorite, but I like most kinds of music

Secular: Nick Drake, Rush, Spiral Architect, Opeth
Christian: Orthodox chant, Extol

Any siblings? If so, how many and what are their gender?
One sister, one older brother, one younger brother, and a twin brother who died at 2 days old

Ancestoral background?
Swedish, Norwegian, German, Irish, English

Favorite books:
Secular: Anything by Flannery O'Connor, although that would qualify as Christian too, I guess :p
Christian: Orthodox books

Some of your favorite movies:
Elling, Ostrov

Can you speak another language than your native one? How many other languages?
Quite a bit of Norwegian and I can understand some Swedish and Danish. Also minored in German in college and took a little Spanish and French in high school.

What part of the world do you live in?
North America

one Cairn Terrier (like Toto from the Wizard of Oz)

Did you ever serve in the military, or have you or are you a military dependent?
nope

What tv shows do you like to watch?
The Office, Conan O'Brien, The Simpsons, documentaries

don't think I have a favorite

Do you know how to play any instruments?
guitar, trumpet, euphonium, and a little piano

Did you grow up playing an instrument?
all of the above instruments

What countries would you like to visit that you haven't visited?
Norway :)

What's your favorite sport to watch?
hockey

Dallas Stars

Mexican and Indian

What kind of car do you drive?
Subaru Forester

-

What type of nonalcohol drinks do you like to partake of?
Julmust (a Swedish pop they sell at IKEA), Dr Pepper, Coke, Fanta

What's your favorite dessert(s)?
cheesecake...edit: and pumpkin pie!

foreign languages and music

What's your favorite time of the day?
late evening/middle of the night

How many Bibles do you own?
3 or 4

What's your occupation?
I work for the county

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
flod logic said:
Dallas Stars

Really? You don't hate them because they left Minnesota?

:clap::clap::clap:

They're my favorite sports team, too. Loooooove hockey! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

boswd

Jan 2, 2008
✟6,566.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Where were you born?
Boston, MA

What age group do you fall in: Teen, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-100 (wooo!!)
40 -49
Are you married?
yes
Any children?

Any grandchildren:

Easter, Christmas and Halloween

Such a wide range from Frank to Neil Diamond to Smashing Pumpkins to Ozzy to Pavarati to Lady Gaga to Jazz
all types
Secular:
Christian:

2 bros. I sister
Ancestoral background?
Irish/American
Favorite books:
Secular: Watership Down
Christian: The Bible ( I know it's a copt out) LOL

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, GodFather, Jaws, District 9, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars
weeeny bit Spanish
Greater Boston (grew up in upstate NY)

2 cats
Did you ever serve in the military, or have you or are you a military dependent?
No
Reality tv, sports, The Office, Curb your Enthusiasm, The Walking Dead

Early Christian Fathers on the Eucharist

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I heard they do bad things to credit card holders

Yup they do. Black helicopters take you to waterboarding central.

No really, as long as you pay the bill OFF, not just the minimum payment, you're ok. Check not only interest rate, but grace period. You want to be able to use it and pay it off w/o incurring finance charges.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yup they do. Black helicopters take you to waterboarding central.

No really, as long as you pay the bill OFF, not just the minimum payment, you're ok. Check not only interest rate, but grace period. You want to be able to use it and pay it off w/o incurring finance charges.

lol thanks, any reccomendations Raze? Or where do you go to compare rates between them, do you know?

And definately, it will be paid each month, his accountant said to get on for ease in showing reciepts at tax time. I hate the idea but ya gotta do what ya gotta do I guess lol

Upvote 0

Julina

Veteran
Apr 14, 2008
New Joisey
Visit site
✟18,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Where were you born?
San diego, CA
20-29
Are you married?
no
n/a
Any children?
no
n/a
Any grandchildren:
see above
n/a
Christmas or Easter

Secular: mostly rock, but my favorite singer is Josh Groban.
Christian: Byzantine or Russian chant

i have an identical twin sister

Ancestoral background?
French, Canadian, Italian, British, Irish, German, Native American
Favorite books:

Secular: Harry Potter, Scenes de la Vie de Boheme, Pillars of the Earth, World Without End
Christian: The Law of God. and the Bible.

Pirates of the Carribean, Harry Potter, Pan's Labyrinth, Men in Black, anything by Tim Burton
I'm trying to learn Russian right now
New Jersey
a dog named Domino
no
Boardwalk Empire, Glee
Angelology

Thanks! Hope you enjoy!
:)

Upvote 0