Alyssabee10

Aug 10, 2011
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
✟15,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I honestly want to thank each and every one of you for writing so much to me. I was absent for quite awhile, but I just rediscovered christian forums and I searched for this thread. I was just reading through all of your comments and you all have given some really amazing advice about this topic. Seriously. Probably a lot of you won't read this message, and I feel bad for not being on here in so long since I first posted this thread, but thank you all so much and God bless you all. :)

Upvote 0
J

Jeneshisu

Hey all my name is Alyssa, I'm new to these forums. I'm 19 years old, attending college. I was just wondering, how do you all(people around my age) deal with the everyday hassles of let's say...scientists, atheists, etc..bashing God and saying he is not real? Lately these people have been really getting to me and bringing me down and I just need encouragement from those my age on how they deal with these issues. Thanks all. :)
I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Upvote 0

Chany

Uncertain Absurdist
Nov 29, 2011
In bed
✟15,379.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey all my name is Alyssa, I'm new to these forums. I'm 19 years old, attending college. I was just wondering, how do you all(people around my age) deal with the everyday hassles of let's say...scientists, atheists, etc..bashing God and saying he is not real? Lately these people have been really getting to me and bringing me down and I just need encouragement from those my age on how they deal with these issues. Thanks all. :)

Summa Theologica, along with the many fine arguments you can fine around the web and from people on this site.

Upvote 0

GingerAmelia

Apr 10, 2012
Italy
✟15,117.00
Faith
Catholic
I have a question concerning this issue. well, it's more a difficulty I am going through. I live in a small village, and go to school in a city. Not too big, but a city, anyway. I go to church, and many of my closest friends are Christians. Next yeat I'll go to University in Milan and therefore face the real world. What if it is different from the world I know? Will I be accepted, or end up isolated?
Faith in Christ and friends have helped me solving many problems and doubts, but... what is it like out there?

Upvote 0

Chany

Uncertain Absurdist
Nov 29, 2011
In bed
✟15,379.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a question concerning this issue. well, it's more a difficulty I am going through. I live in a small village, and go to school in a city. Not too big, but a city, anyway. I go to church, and many of my closest friends are Christians. Next yeat I'll go to University in Milan and therefore face the real world. What if it is different from the world I know? Will I be accepted, or end up isolated?
Faith in Christ and friends have helped me solving many problems and doubts, but... what is it like out there?

Depends on how vocal and up front you are about your faith and how tolerant those around you are. Just stay away from militant atheists/anti-Christians and try to avoid any unnecessary confrontation with them. Also, I would expect a couple jabs at the fact that you're Catholic, even from other Christians. The Church isn't exactly a friend to today's culture. Just ignore them and study some apologetics if you feel like you're drifting away.

Good luck and ask any further questions.

Upvote 0