Group of men in Chicago stop bus full of Jewish schoolboys, board and threaten them

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bereft?

It's a lengthy article I'll admit....that largely paints this particular group as almost comically inept. They aren't even good at tagging.

And I can't recount the number of people mentioned exceeding....single digits.

A quick check on the sadly corrupted Southern Poverty Law Center's website....the biggest chapter of this group is in Texas....where they can muster maybe 30 people to a protest.

I'm not going to bother looking up the population of Illinois. Bereft isn't an accurate word here. You're not even talking about the same city. The white supremacists of Illinois are an extreme minority so small they could all be arrested in about an hour. This group is known mostly for tagging and flyer dropping....and they don't seem very good at it.

Perhaps it's time to consider the threat of white supremacy has been wildly exaggerated. I'm not trying to trivialise it....but just considering that as an explanation seems less likely than the one I half joked about.

The past ten years of racial strife the left has stoked for political gain imo has encouraged certain communities to express certain racist beliefs....because they're told they can't be racist. A free pass for bigotry. Black celebrities openly admit racist beliefs and don't seem to realize it. I saw footage of a black politician telling an undercover reporter about the importance of talking down to white constituents. I'm sure you heard the language of the Latinos in LA as they tried to racially gerrymander their districts. The left is now bereft with racists of every color and they pursue institutional racism in both policy and law.

Given that...what is the concern for 3 white racists who can't spray paint a website without a stencil or avoiding being caught?

As for the article, there's no evidence of nazis.....not even evidence of racism. It's a total non story. It's misinformation or disinformation....because you don't seem to be able to recognize propaganda.
Not bereft - it's a good phrase with precisely the right amount of irony, imo. You questioned Nazis being in Chicago. There are some in the area, whether competent or pathetic, they exist.

Yes, delightfully, the Nazi angle was pretty much made out of whole cloth. I suspect it was the kids on the bus who were the slurrers, but who knows.

As for black celebrities being racist or antisemitic, well what has that got to do with the price of tea in China?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not bereft - it's a good phrase with precisely the right amount of irony, imo.

Sorry...I got it the first time, started digging around for numbers, forgot what the point was, and was completely unsurprised to see that I can probably count all the nazis in that state on my fingers and toes....as long as I take off 1 sock.

You questioned Nazis being in Chicago. There are some in the area, whether competent or pathetic, they exist.

Don't get me wrong...I'm aware they exist...but so do hermaphrodites....and it's a toss up between who has the greater numbers.

Yes, delightfully, the Nazi angle was pretty much made out of whole cloth. I suspect it was the kids on the bus who were the slurrers, but who knows.

That's a quick turn around....blaming children for the behavior of a grown man (I'm assuming). I suppose whatever happens to Jewish kids on busses these days is probably justified by their inability to inhabit a victim status on the left, huh?

As for black celebrities being racist or antisemitic, well what has that got to do with the price of tea in China?

I thought that was pretty clearly a joke...if it was Kanye or the others, I suspect they would have recognized him. He's a famous racist after all.

I understand that the "tea" idiom is supposed to suggest that my post was irrelevant but the OP is speculating about perpetrator identity....your post that I replied to is providing the scantest possible evidence to support that speculation.

If speculation isn't germane to the topic....the OP can change his post.

That's the obvious reason for posting that quip though....I don't know if you understand the broader point. Unfortunately I can't really think of an idiom for it. I was thinking of....

"Quit complaining about nazis when donning your SS uniform."

But that doesn't quite work...makes it sound like you're whining about your team.

Then I thought....

"Only idiots lie down with fleas and complain about the neighbors ticks"

But that's so general it might fall on deaf ears.

So right now I'm working on some version of....

"Nobody cares about your complaints about nazis when you're walking into the Temple of the Nation of Islam"

But it's clunky....right? I'm still working on it, I'll let you know.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have there been any official (more importantly, reliable) updates on the story? Most recent news articles I can find are from the Chicago Tribune, which now has articles reporting both versions ("It was a group of Nazis" vs. "It was kids yelling out of the bus and a random guy decided to be immature and stop the bus and start yelling, but nothing antisemitic was said")

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry...I got it the first time, started digging around for numbers, forgot what the point was, and was completely unsurprised to see that I can probably count all the nazis in that state on my fingers and toes....as long as I take off 1 sock.
Don't get me wrong...I'm aware they exist...but so do hermaphrodites....and it's a toss up between who has the greater numbers.
That's a quick turn around....blaming children for the behavior of a grown man (I'm assuming). I suppose whatever happens to Jewish kids on busses these days is probably justified by their inability to inhabit a victim status on the left, huh?
You are mistaken to say that I blamed the kids for anyone's but their own behavior.

I thought that was pretty clearly a joke...if it was Kanye or the others, I suspect they would have recognized him. He's a famous racist after all.
If that was a joke, I don't get it. Please explain where the humor lays.

I understand that the "tea" idiom is supposed to suggest that my post was irrelevant but the OP is speculating about perpetrator identity....your post that I replied to is providing the scantest possible evidence to support that speculation.
If speculation isn't germane to the topic....the OP can change his post.
Your speculation immediately goes to race, for some reason. I don't get the point of your insistence that black people - famous one!!! - can be racist. Well yeah, it is speculation but weird, pointless speculation.

That's the obvious reason for posting that quip though....I don't know if you understand the broader point. Unfortunately I can't really think of an idiom for it. I was thinking of....
"Quit complaining about nazis when donning your SS uniform."
But that doesn't quite work...makes it sound like you're whining about your team.
Then I thought....
"Only idiots lie down with fleas and complain about the neighbors ticks"
But that's so general it might fall on deaf ears.
So right now I'm working on some version of....
"Nobody cares about your complaints about nazis when you're walking into the Temple of the Nation of Islam"
But it's clunky....right? I'm still working on it, I'll let you know.
Let me know when you come up with something that makes any sense and is relevant to the topic.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have there been any official (more importantly, reliable) updates on the story? Most recent news articles I can find are from the Chicago Tribune, which now has articles reporting both versions ("It was a group of Nazis" vs. "It was kids yelling out of the bus and a random guy decided to be immature and stop the bus and start yelling, but nothing antisemitic was said")
That's all I could find.

Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Like Daisy, all I've seen is they said/they said.

Upvote 0