Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because you are in the worst possible situation in your life, currently?
No, it's ironic because first you said:

You seem to be absolutely ok with unnecessarily taking advantage of other people.
And then admitted that you would freely take unnecessary advantage of me when you said
I hope, one day, I find you in the worst possible situation and take you for all you have.
Even worse than that you said YOU HOPE to find me in a position where you can take advantage of me. That's beyond irony

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No, it's ironic because first you said:

And then admitted that you would freely take unnecessary advantage of me when you saidEven worse than that you said YOU HOPE to find me in a position where you can take advantage of me. That's beyond irony

I only wanted to give you your ideal situation, that you were totally ok with.

I'm sorry.

Upvote 0

Umaro

Senior Veteran
Dec 22, 2006
✟13,505.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You keep citing that 65% as if they had the option of raising the workers salaries by 65%. They don't.

Here are the details: Chick-fil-A model helps it lead [bless and do not curse]| ajc.com
Chick-fil-A’s 2010 profit margin, which was 5.1 percent of its systemwide sales, was somewhat behind the 6.4 percent profit margin of industry kingpin McDonald’s Corp. last year. But industry experts say Chick-fil-A is beating most rivals in terms of sales and profits per store.
The profit was only 5.1% ... just good enough to keep the business healthy and growing. Lest you think that translates into a lot of money, just consider that the individual franchisees earn only modest profits (i.e., salaries) themselves.
Based on franchise disclosure documents and interviews with Chick-fil-A officials, the company’s roughly 1,100 operators took home operating profits of about $210 million last year, or an average of $190,000 each. Some make substantially more.
That doesn't look exhorbitant to me, especially considering that the franchisees are actively working at the stores themselves ... doing the hard and dirty work they can't get employees to handle ... unlike some other franchise operations where the owner is simply a financier shuffling paper.

The formula seems to have worked well for both sides.
[/INDENT]:clap: Considering some of your prior posts supporting OWS, I should think you would be applauding Chick-fil-A, Umaro. Did you know any of this about Chick-fil-A before?

$190,000 for each franchise owner is modest by whose standards? That's over 12 times what his lowest paid employee is making. Let's look at some numbers. If there are ~1,100 operators and ~1600 stores, and we go with the same 4,800 workers making $15k we looked at before, that means each operator employes 4.35 people at that wage. It's $8k less than the poverty line for a family of four. That means that for ~$35,000 per year, an operator could take 4 of his workers out of poverty.

So if a franchise owner took home *only* $155,000 per year, which is still six times the median wage in America, a substantial number of full time workers would be able to get off food stamps.

Heck, Chick-fil-a could even split the burden. We know they take 50%(not counting the 15% off of gross income) of the profits per operator, so they made ~$210,000,000 too. I'm sure some of it goes to administrative costs and such, but what's taking $172,500 instead of $190,000? Seems a small burden for such mighty Christian charity.

But wait! Chick-Fil-A donates to charity so it's all OK, right? Well, by your own numbers they donated $6.7 million last year to sponsorships, and the WinShape gives roughly $800,000 per year. That's about $7,500,000 annually, or less than $7,000 per operator's franchise, not even a fourth of what their own employees need to get off food stamps.

So I still stand by my point. All that "Christian charity" talk is a lot of hot air in many, many cases. The truly Christian thing to do would be to earn the still incredibly large sum of $155,000 annually and have no one relying on food stamps, but I guess it's just so much easier to give less than a fourth of what's required and trumpet how charitable and Christian you are.

I'll just be here shaking my head.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Umaro said:
$190,000 for each franchise owner is modest by whose standards? That's over 12 times what his lowest paid employee is making. Let's look at some numbers. If there are ~1,100 operators and ~1600 stores, and we go with the same 4,800 workers making $15k we looked at before, that means each operator employes 4.35 people at that wage. It's $8k less than the poverty line for a family of four. That means that for ~$35,000 per year, an operator could take 4 of his workers out of poverty.

So if a franchise owner took home *only* $155,000 per year, which is still six times the median wage in America, a substantial number of full time workers would be able to get off food stamps.

Heck, Chick-fil-a could even split the burden. We know they take 50%(not counting the 15% off of gross income) of the profits per operator, so they made ~$210,000,000 too. I'm sure some of it goes to administrative costs and such, but what's taking $172,500 instead of $190,000? Seems a small burden for such mighty Christian charity.

But wait! Chick-Fil-A donates to charity so it's all OK, right? Well, by your own numbers they donated $6.7 million last year to sponsorships, and the WinShape gives roughly $800,000 per year. That's about $7,500,000 annually, or less than $7,000 per operator's franchise, not even a fourth of what their own employees need to get off food stamps.

So I still stand by my point. All that "Christian charity" talk is a lot of hot air in many, many cases. The truly Christian thing to do would be to earn the still incredibly large sum of $155,000 annually and have no one relying on food stamps, but I guess it's just so much easier to give less than a fourth of what's required and trumpet how charitable and Christian you are.

I'll just be here shaking my head.

Here's an idea. Make that $5000 investment to open a Chick-fil-a and pay your employees whatever you wish. Perhaps you'll start a trend. But then you'd have to, as they say, "put your money where your mouth is"

Upvote 0