Southern California
✟23,920.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dr. A. E. Wilder-Smith has gone to be with the Lord, but thankfully, we still have his writings and some of his talks.

There is a great lecture at http://www.wildersmith.org/library.htm

In particular, I am referencing the lecture entitled "Evolution or Creation"
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=-1]
    [*]Creationist, Chemist, & Lecturer
    [*]Ph.D. in physical organic chemistry at University of Reading, England (1941)
    [*]Dr.es.Sc. in pharmacological sciences from Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology) in Zurich
    [*]D.Sc. in pharmacological sciences from University of Geneva (1964)
    [*]F.R.I.C. (Fellow of the Royal Institute of Chemistry) Professorships held at numerous institutions including: University of Illinois Medical School Center (Visiting Full Professor of Pharmacology, 1959-61, received 3 "Golden Apple" awards for the best course of lectures), University of Geneva School of Medicine, University of Bergen (Norway) School of Medicine, Hacettepe University (Ankara, Turkey) Medical School, etc.
    [*]Former Director of Research for a Swiss pharmaceutical company
    [*]Presented the 1986 Huxley Memorial Lecture at the invitation of the University of Oxford
    [*]Author or co-author of over 70 scientific publications and more than 30 books published in 17 languages
    [*]NATO three-star general
    [*]Deceased
    [*]Dr. Wilder-Smith was featured in an award-winning film and video series called ORIGINS: How the World Came to Be
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Here is a partial bio from the same site:

A..E. Wilder-Smith studied natural sciences at Oxford, England. He received his first doctorate in Physical Organic Chemistry at Reading University, England, 1941. During World War II, he joined the Research department of ICI in England. After the war, he became Countess of Lisburne Memorial Fellow at the University of London. Subsequently, Dr. Wilder-Smith was appointed Director of Research for a Swiss pharmaceutical company. Later he was elected to teach Chemotherapy and Pharmacology at the Medical School of the University of Geneva for which position he received his "habitation" (the senior examination required for professorial appointments to European continental universities). At Geneva, he earned his second doctorate, followed by a third doctorate from the ETH (a senior university in Switzerland) in Zurich.

In 1957-1958 Wilder-Smith was Visiting Assistant Professor at the Medical Centre of the University of Illinois, 1959-1961 Visting Full Professor of Pharmacology of the University of Bergen Medical School in Norway. After a further two years at the University of Geneva, he was appointed Full Professor of Pharmacology at the University of Illinois Medical Centre. Here he received in three succeeding years - three ``Golden Apple Awards" for the best course of lectures, together with four senior lecturer awards for the best series of year lectures.

Dr. Wilder-Smith's last Golden Apple award was inscribed, ``He made us not only better scientists, but also better men."

Reactions: vossler

busterdog

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2006
Visit site
✟19,429.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rom 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Rom 1:21
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Waiting for the professor to give his take on this.

Upvote 0

vossler

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2004
Asheville NC
✟19,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've seen the video series titled Origins: How the world came to be and thought it was absolutely wonderful. He's an excellent teacher who really knows how to transmit complex information in a simple and easy to understand way. We sure need more scientists like him.

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Dr. A. E. Wilder-Smith has gone to be with the Lord, but thankfully, we still have his writings and some of his talks.

I wonder how Wilder-Smith is explaining to God how he could think that false witness would be pleasing to God?

Unfortunately, I see that his false witness is still around and leading other people astray.

In particular, I am referencing the lecture entitled "Evolution or Creation"

And here we have false witness right in the title! After all, evolution and creation are not opposed. Evolution is just the how of creation.

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rom 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Rom 1:21
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Waiting for the professor to give his take on this.
Eh, I think the prof's not on earth anymore.

Upvote 0

laptoppop

Servant of the living God
May 19, 2006
Southern California
✟23,920.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder how Wilder-Smith is explaining to God how he could think that false witness would be pleasing to God?

Unfortunately, I see that his false witness is still around and leading other people astray.

And here we have false witness right in the title! After all, evolution and creation are not opposed. Evolution is just the how of creation.

I suggest you listen to a few of his lectures and read a couple of his books before you accuse him of deliberately lying and deceiving.

These types of statements do not help the discouse around here. They are devoid of any real content -- they are just insults without reason or respect. It is one thing to disagree, it is quite another to be insulting.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.