OuterWater

Formerly InnerPhyre
Dec 18, 2007
✟8,587.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
His Grace Daniel, the new Ukranian Bishop (or the Baby Bishop as he refers to himself, since he is the youngest Bishop in the entire Orthodox Church) came to visit my parish this weekend. It was really exciting. I can't even put into words how great it was. It was like being visited by one of the Apostles. What is it about Orthodox bishops? They can look so intimidating but they can be so kind. He was really just the most gracious and caring man. Love just exudes from him. I was really awestruck being in his presence. Sometimes its just great being Orthodox :) The day really got me fired up and provided a needed boost to my faith.

K

Komnenos

His Grace Daniel, the new Ukranian Bishop (or the Baby Bishop as he refers to himself, since he is the youngest Bishop in the entire Orthodox Church) came to visit my parish this weekend. It was really exciting. I can't even put into words how great it was. It was like being visited by one of the Apostles. What is it about Orthodox bishops? They can look so intimidating but they can be so kind. He was really just the most gracious and caring man. Love just exudes from him. I was really awestruck being in his presence. Sometimes its just great being Orthodox :) The day really got me fired up and provided a needed boost to my faith.
AWESOME! :thumbsup: You know, being a bishop of the Orthodox church, he serves in an unbroken line back to the apostles! How old is he btw?

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How old is +Bishop DANIEL? +Bishop MAXIM of the Western Diocese of the Serbian Church seems fairly young. I would like to meet him (and I'm not Serbian Orthodox). My former OCA mission in Helena, MT is being served by the priest at the Serbian parish in Butte (who is also serving at the Greek Orthodox parish in Missoula, MT), and they have met +Bishop MAXIM and like him a lot. My priest met him when he went to visit his son at St. Anthony's Monastery in AZ and +Bishop MAXIM was visiting. The fact that a Serbian priest is serving an OCA and a Greek missions or parishes is exciting to me. The bishops of the respective Western Dioceses meet together 3 or 4 times a year. It shows what can happen if the bishops can meet together and cooperate with each other. Maybe unity can happen one day.

Upvote 0

OuterWater

Formerly InnerPhyre
Dec 18, 2007
✟8,587.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nope :) Bishop Daniel (who is a wonderful man and a personal friend) is, I think, about 34.

Grace and peace,
John

Wow! Very young indeed! Hope I didn't insult him with my guess of 40s....must be the wisdom that he pours forth that compensates for those extra 6 years :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.