Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2011
UK
✟35,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yesterday when I was listening to an Andrew Wommack MP3, he said that Gospel means, "too good news to be true".

That has blown my mind.

It means that even if you've been reading the Bible for decades, if you lose the feeling of reading something which seems too good to be true, then you are probably not reading the Gospel!

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Glory on this earth,we are set free indeed!

So many would find joy if they would comprehend Pastor Wommacks teaching.

Indeed, my friend...I'm finding that when I read one of his books, I highlight a lot of his teaching. Also, after I finish reading it, I find myself wanting to read it again and even more highlights. I listen or watch many of our WoF teachers (after reading my Bible, first, of-course) and to me, Andrew is "the" best one that I watch/listen to, that I have the most confidence in when he teaches. He really explains the Word down to my "simple" level. :D

I first seen him in my area, (Lima, Ohio) back in 1981, I think. I kept the connection and support with him throughout the years. My second best would be Keith Moore down in Branson, Mo. If you ever go there, he is a must see...

Later John...

Harry

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Glory on this earth,we are set free indeed!

So many would find joy if they would comprehend Pastor Wommacks teaching.

:thumbsup:

Indeed, my friend...I'm finding that when I read one of his books, I highlight a lot of his teaching. Also, after I finish reading it, I find myself wanting to read it again and even more highlights. I listen or watch many of our WoF teachers (after reading my Bible, first, of-course) and to me, Andrew is "the" best one that I watch/listen to, that I have the most confidence in when he teaches. He really explains the Word down to my "simple" level. :D

I first seen him in my area, (Lima, Ohio) back in 1981, I think. I kept the connection and support with him throughout the years. My second best would be Keith Moore down in Branson, Mo. If you ever go there, he is a must see...

Later John...

Harry

Upvote 0

Optimus Fortis

N°6
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2011
UK
✟35,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I find with other WoF teachers, there is a lot of fluff, anecdotal stories and theatrics that take up a significant amount of time in a CD/ DVD box set. I often fall asleep or struggle to remember what the starting scripture reading was.

With AW, I found myself having to pause the audio in order to take down notes or the many scripture references.

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I find with other WoF teachers, there is a lot of fluff, anecdotal stories and theatrics that take up a significant amount of time in a CD/ DVD box set. I often fall asleep or struggle to remember what the starting scripture reading was.

With AW, I found myself having to pause the audio in order to take down notes or the many scripture references.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith

Yeah, that's true... I like meat and tators myself

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Your not alone...It may take me a while to finish up 20 minutes of his program. I also find myself doing this even more so with Creflo and Bill Winston. BTW, AW was a guest on TBN"s Praise The Lord program last night with host Arthur Blessitt. It was Andrew at his best. The audience really responded to him.

Greater Works...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You know what is so powerful?

When we are watching one of our Preachers teaching on a subject,they pause for a couple of seconds.

You noticed they are blown away with the victory they are reading from the Word!

Its like they from the anointing on them they are receiving as much as we are bless God.

I have heard Jessie Duplantis say :quote

Lord Jesus I am gonna buy this tape myself.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Your not alone...It may take me a while to finish up 20 minutes of his program. I also find myself doing this even more so with Creflo and Bill Winston. BTW, AW was a guest on TBN"s Praise The Lord program last night with host Arthur Blessitt. It was Andrew at his best. The audience really responded to him.

Greater Works...

Arthur Blessitt praise God for him.

That man preaches Jesus,Jesus,Jesus, he proclaims the Gospel of salvation in every sermon.

All the events along they way pulling that cross has brought so many to Gods Grace,what a calling!

Upvote 0

aWalkbyFaith

Sep 17, 2013
Austin, Texas
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did ya hear the one where he said: "I was preachin so good... I took up an offerin from myself!" ^_^

Haha.

I remember he was talking about some sin he committed. He said he went to the mirror, preached a whole sermon to himself, "spit flying", gave an alter call and repented himself.

I miss watching that guy. He's hilarious. :)

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Did ya hear the one where he said: "I was preachin so good... I took up an offerin from myself!" ^_^

Yep,you know when you need some cheering up he the the one.

Like the guy who pulled up out side his house and criticized him for his house.

Jessie said,I bet if I gave this house to you you sure would take it for yourself.

Then he told the guy if you don't like my house you wont like my Fathers house so just go to hell then,cause there ain't no ol burned out trailers in heaven.^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Haha.

I remember he was talking about some sin he committed. He said he went to the mirror, preached a whole sermon to himself, "spit flying", gave an alter call and repented himself.

I miss watching that guy. He's hilarious. :)

The S.W.B.C. conference is posted on u tube,and lot of great preaching.

One sermon that stuck with me was with Bill Winston,standing beside Kenneth Copeland.

Both were in pulpit,Copeland was preaching and at times Winston was praying in agreement and confirming the message.

This type of fellowship is wonderful,and it was a powerful message!

Upvote 0

aWalkbyFaith

Sep 17, 2013
Austin, Texas
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The S.W.B.C. conference is posted on u tube,and lot of great preaching.

One sermon that stuck with me was with Bill Winston,standing beside Kenneth Copeland.

Both were in pulpit,Copeland was preaching and at times Winston was praying in agreement and confirming the message.

This type of fellowship is wonderful,and it was a powerful message!

Thanks. I saved a bookmark.

Another I never forget was a story of Jesse D. He was at an airport and a "woman of the night" approached him, then he started screaming out loud "Jezzzzzzzebel Spirit!!". He'd say the devil wants to embarrass you, so you embarrass him first.

LOL

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. I saved a bookmark.

Another I never forget was a story of Jesse D. He was at an airport and a "woman of the night" approached him, then he started screaming out loud "Jezzzzzzzebel Spirit!!". He'd say the devil wants to embarrass you, so you embarrass him first.

LOL

Yep or the preacher who pulled him aside and said I got lust bro.Jessie lust!

Jessie said tell your wife she can handle it for you.

I have been watching him for years,what a blessing when I started watching him I needed some cheer at that time things were not very joyful.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
=now faith;64326201]Arthur Blessitt praise God for him.

That man preaches Jesus,Jesus,Jesus, he proclaims the Gospel of salvation in every sermon.

All the events along they way pulling that cross has brought so many to Gods Grace,what a calling!

You got that right, however, I wouldn't want to "walk" in his footsteps, (as far as he actually walked carrying the cross as he did.) :)

I got this from his web site...

The man who carried the cross around the world in every nation and is listed in the Guinness World Records for the world's longest walk over 40,500 miles in 321 countries, islands groups & territories' for 44 years. First carried the cross in 1968. Story & photos of the cross in every nation. First day of the world crosswalk, Dec. 25, 1969 from Hollywood, CA.

“Jesus did it. All Glory to God!"
and still walking carrying the cross around the world...

Greater works...

Upvote 0