GOP fundraisers promote violence against Joe Biden. Biden bashing encouraged with baseball bats provided! Are republicans nothing but thugs?

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The GOP inculcate it’s members into targeting sitting president for horrific baseball bat based battering.

When a political party encourages violence against the head of state of the legitimate government of the land is it time to panic and despair?

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Did you read the first paragraph?
Doesn’t change what happened. Being told to stop doing something bad doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

It highlights the aggressive nature of GOP members who are involved.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Doesn’t change what happened. Being told to stop doing something bad doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

It highlights the aggressive nature of GOP members who are involved.
It does, however, negate your accusation in your OP.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I read the whole thing.
So did we. Should we expect more comments from you having really nothing to do with the topic? "Did you read the first paragraph" and "I read the whole thing"

Do you have an issue with republicans creating an effigy of the President for other republicans to kick and hit with bats? I think it is deplorable....which is such an accurate word.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It does, however, negate your accusation in your OP.
No it doesn't. Officials for the republican party DID this. Perhaps you should denounce the republicans in this topic who decided to do this to a likeness of the President.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No it doesn't. Officials for the republican party DID this. Perhaps you should denounce the republicans in this topic who decided to do this to a likeness of the President.
Personally I might, but I saw so much similar stuff done with effigies of the last president I became desensitized.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So did we. Should we expect more comments from you having really nothing to do with the topic? "Did you read the first paragraph" and "I read the whole thing"

Do you have an issue with republicans creating an effigy of the President for other republicans to kick and hit with bats? I think it is deplorable....which is such an accurate word.
I have a problem with the misrepresentation of the GOP when the article was about the GOP decrying what had happened.

• Winner
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a problem with the misrepresentation of the GOP when the article was about the GOP decrying what had happened.
Just in case anyone missed it:

"A former Kansas Republican leader is calling for the resignation of two current party leaders after behavior at a recent fundraiser event raised eyebrows online.

In a social media post on Saturday, former head of the Kansas Republican Party Mike Kuckelman called out the Kansas GOP and Johnson County Republican Party for beating an effigy of President Joe Biden with a baseball bat in exchange for donations."

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not expect any red hat to disavow this ...

Seems you didn't bother to read the whole article.

Officers of the Third District Republican Committee of Kansas released a statement Sunday, stating:
"We are disheartened that an effigy dressed as the President of the United States was subject to violent contact at a Republican Party event in Johnson County. This behavior does not represent the values of the Republican Party.
Displays of violence are never appropriate. We condemn all forms of violence and emphasize that political differences should be settled at the ballot box."

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Just in case anyone missed it:

"A former Kansas Republican leader is calling for the resignation of two current party leaders after behavior at a recent fundraiser event raised eyebrows online.

In a social media post on Saturday, former head of the Kansas Republican Party Mike Kuckelman called out the Kansas GOP and Johnson County Republican Party for beating an effigy of President Joe Biden with a baseball bat in exchange for donations."
Right. The whole article is about calling for the resignation of those leaders by members of the GOP. That is why I asked the OP if they read the article because it certainly didn’t seem that way.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is Biden unique in this regard (where people are doing idiotic things with his likeness that can be construed as violence that have no place in civilized politics)?

George W Bush had some less than friendly detractors
1710258810905.png

As did Obama:
1710258896007.png

As did Trump
1710258947844.png
1710258982816.png

We can condemn this kind of stuff more broadly (and I think we should), but we can't pretend that this is somehow a "unique trait" started by circa-2016 republicans.

This is really just the latest iteration/escalation in the pattern of incivility that started by in the late-90's/early-2000's

It was around that time where political discourse switched from "let's make corny inuendo jokes about a president's extramarital affairs" to "let's hit the streets with pictures of our president with a hitler mustache"

It was also during that early-2000's period where it became socially acceptable to spread wild conspiracy theories about a president. (over half of Bush's detractors at the time were perfectly willing to accept conspiracy theories that he was complicit in a terrorist attack)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is Biden unique in this regard (where people are doing idiotic things with his likeness that can be construed as violence that have no place in civilized politics)?

View attachment 343991

As did Obama:
View attachment 343993

As did Trump
View attachment 343994View attachment 343995

We can condemn this kind of stuff more broadly (and I think we should), but we can't pretend that this is somehow a "unique trait" started by circa-2016 republicans.

This is really just the latest iteration/escalation in the pattern of incivility that started by in the late-90's/early-2000's

It was around that time where political discourse switched from "let's make corny inuendo jokes about a president's extramarital affairs" to "let's hit the streets with pictures of our president with a hitler mustache"

It was also during that early-2000's period where it became socially acceptable to spread wild conspiracy theories about a president.
Yeah but these are RED HATS doing it!

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No it doesn’t don’t be silly. You can’t negate something that has happened in this context.
The article is the opposite of

Are republicans nothing but thugs?​

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

View attachment 343991

As did Obama:
View attachment 343993

As did Trump
View attachment 343994View attachment 343995

It was also during that early-2000's period where it became socially acceptable to spread wild conspiracy theories about a president. (over half of Bush's detractors at the time were perfectly willing to accept conspiracy theories that he was complicit in a terrorist attack)
I am willing to bet that none of those instances were performed by official party members with the goal of raising money.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The people authorizing the event were Republican leaders.

They were criticized by higher ups concerned about the bad publicity.

That doesn't erase the scandal or the responsibility of those officials. When you find an official apology by the person's responsible print it here.

Upvote 0