Oregon
✟107,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is your congregation having a Tenebrae Service? For me, this is when I knew I was in for it...Tenebrae made me feel like Lutheranism was 'home.' The service is very impactful.

Yours in the Lord,

jm
I had the privilege of making the sound of the closing of the Tomb only once about 30 years ago. I got a Strong's Concordance....the largest book I could find and when the Lector said "And the stone was rolled in front of the tomb" I slammed the open concordance closed as hard as I could. It had the intended effect.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,657.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I had the privilege of making the sound of the closing of the Tomb only once about 30 years ago. I got a Strong's Concordance....the largest book I could find and when the Lector said "And the stone was rolled in front of the tomb" I slammed the open concordance closed as hard as I could. It had the intended effect.
Amen.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟568,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I didn't serve Tenebrae. The church secretary sent me a format the previous pastor had used 2 years ago which was remarkably similar to the non-communion liturgy for Good Friday in Common Worship by the Church of England. So I just reworked that a bit with the Series B propers and a better Collect (most of the LBW 'prayer of the day' selections are not very good) and plugged in the Litany.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,737.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
As we are still vacant, and our vacancy Pastor has previous obligations at his parish, we Elders led our Tenebrae Service; I did the Liturgy and presented the sermon, Nathan did the Scripture readings, and ben was Acolyte.

It is always a great honor and very humbling to serve, and especially so on this very holy day. We pray that all present and all who watch our youtube video be blessed this Easter Season!

Actual service begins at about 0:11 into the recording.

Reactions: CurtUtter
Upvote 0