Christianwidow

Looking for His glorious appearing
Jul 17, 2011
California
✟15,318.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
All that and you were breathing too, huh? :amen:. Yep Our God is an Awesome God and I am thankful each day to know Him. I would not want to spend one minute without Him as my Savior. If only people knew how dark the world would really be if God removed Himself from our presence totally.

Michellle, that made me laugh. Thanks for another blessing of laughter. :wave:

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I honestly can say, I really don't understand HOW people can go thru this life and not believe in God! Life is tough and bad things happen every minute, but if this was all we had and no hope or nothing to look forward to (eternity) ??? Really? Why would you even WANT to believe that? All that, and then just discluding (is that a word) all the beauty and things that cannot be explained in the world? There just is NO WAY there cannot be something else. Of course I know what it is, but alot of people just stroll thru life and think if they live to be old or whatever that's it. I cannot comprehend that at all. Glad I don't have to.

Upvote 0

NoelAsa

Senior Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
At Computer
✟23,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good evening to my dear widow and widower friends. If this day has been a blessed day for you, would you let me know by answering this thread? It is always a blessing to hear how God has blessed someone, whether big or small. Share with us how you got through another day. You never know who you will be an encouragement to.

Christian Widow :)

Last Saturday I had a very blessed day. I had a dream about my husband that was so vivid. My husband passed away over four years ago and it has been several years since I had a dream with him in it.

We were in his truck driving down the highway and I was getting anxious about the traffic and he kept telling me to stop worrying about things. Then we were next pulling our travel trailer and I was upset because we were going camping and I had my dog and cat with us. I was afraid because they had never gone camping before and would get lost at the campground. Especially my cat Noel because she is deaf and I kept saying how can we take her. She will get out of the trailer and get lost and we will never find her. She is an indoor cat and never out side. Besides she is deaf and could never hear anyone calling for her. I was just beside myself with worry. My husband told me to stop worrying about it. Why was I working myself up into such a state about what could happen when probably nothing would happen. I started to feel better and then I woke up.

Since my husband's death I have found myself worrying about everything. Just having to deal with everything on my own is a burden unto itself. I keep giving everything to God, but I still keep worrying. I know that I should not do it and I am only making myself sick over things that I have no control over.

I had been praying about this really hard the last few months. Having that dream with my husband gave me great comfort. He was telling me exactly what I know, but was not doing. I am feeling so much better and the letting go of the worrying is already getting so much better.

The dream was so vivid! He also never meet my cat and dog because I got them after he died, but he seemed to know them as though they were ours and not just mine.

I got my dog two weeks after my husband's death as I didn't want to be alone. We had a dog before, but he died about five years before my husband's death. We had our dog 18 1/2 years before he died and we had not gotten another one. Then I got my cat about six months after my husband's death. They have been a great comfort to me.

I can not even begin to tell you how much that dream meant to me. After all my knowing not to worry, giving it to God, and praying about it, that dream was just what I needed.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
My husband told me to stop worrying about it. Why was I working myself up into such a state about what could happen when probably nothing would happen. I started to feel better and then I woke up.

I can not even begin to tell you how much that dream meant to me. After all my knowing not to worry, giving it to God, and praying about it, that dream was just what I needed.

I can understand that one; I have had a different version of the same message.

I have been increasingly anxious in recent months as well; the least thing is too difficult, and makes me really worried. I had not connected it with the loss of my ex, but it could be part of it; I hadn't thought of that.
Yesterday I was about to get the car to drive to collect my daughter, and I was getting anxious as usual and a thought came to me. 'Don't you believe in God?' It was not like my own anxious worrying, it was quiet and calm.

It stopped me in my tracks, I thought about it, and remembered that of course I do, and a lot of the worry disappeared. I can't say it has gone completely, but it is a comfort to remember that God is always around, and that his love will never fail. Today when I had to go out again I thought of that, and reminded myself that I believe in God.

Upvote 0

NoelAsa

Senior Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
At Computer
✟23,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was getting anxious as usual and a thought came to me. 'Don't you believe in God?' It was not like my own anxious worrying, it was quiet and calm.

It stopped me in my tracks, I thought about it, and remembered that of course I do, and a lot of the worry disappeared. I can't say it has gone completely, but it is a comfort to remember that God is always around, and that his love will never fail. Today when I had to go out again I thought of that, and reminded myself that I believe in God.

Yes, that is exactly what I have been telling myself. "Don't you believe in God?" I know and understand that He can help to take away the worry and I need to put all of my trust in Him, but for some reason it was not working. That is why I feel that it was a message from God when I had that dream about my husband. It was God's way of confirming and showing me what I needed to do. It just brought it to me in a very personal way. It has been helping me. I focus on God and His love for me. I know that with Him I need not to worry and if something comes along that is a problem that He will be there to help me with it. I am not alone, which is what I have been feeling since my husband's death.

Upvote 0

hopetoheal

Dec 6, 2011
New York and PA
✟7,656.00
Faith
Marital Status
This is a reply to NoelAsa,

Thank you for your post of Oct. 26. Two days later, Oct. 28, my beloved husband died. While the pain is still with me, I appreciated your story about your dream. I'm glad you have your dog and cat and I hope you will have joy in the future even to be able to laugh about our present troubles. God bless you. Kathleen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NoelAsa

Senior Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
At Computer
✟23,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is a reply to NoelAsa,

Thank you for your post of Oct. 26. Two days later, Oct. 28, my beloved husband died. While the pain is still with me, I appreciated your story about your dream. I'm glad you have your dog and cat and I hope you will have joy in the future even to be able to laugh about our present troubles. God bless you. Kathleen

Welcome hopetoheal to Christian forums. I am so sorry to hear about your husband's death. There is always great pain, but it will slowly lessen. Even though it has been over four years since my husband's death I still feel pain.

I still have not reached joy, but I do have moments when I am happy and at peace. God is a great comfort for me when I am feeling depressed. Praying for you.

Upvote 0

Christianwidow

Jul 17, 2011
California
✟15,318.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Dear Christian Widow, I answered you in another thread. Thank you for asking. I am having a blessed day. It may not feel comfortable, but He is working all things together for good.
Kathleen

A blessed and fine Wednesday morning to you, Kathleen. May the peace which passes all understanding be upon you today. Just remember how we, as widows, are very special to the Lord. I love the fact that I am totally surrounded by Him. Your husband's graduation into Heaven is still very fresh for you. It has been almost 11 years now since my husband went Home to be with the Lord. I know the pain and sometimes numbness you are going through, but as time goes on, for some just a little time, for others, like myself, many years, the pain will subside. Our God is faithful.
He will never leave us nor forsake us. Oh how I love Him.

Christian Widow

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Dear Catherineanne,
Thanks for your encouraging words. I just found that verse from Isaiah 42. I know God wants to use this experience to heal us and make us beautiful. If I could share Psalm 45 with you, I think you might find it a blessing like I do.
Kathleen

Thank you. That is most kind, Kathleen. :wave:

Upvote 0

hopetoheal

Dec 6, 2011
New York and PA
✟7,656.00
Faith
Marital Status
A blessed and fine Wednesday morning to you, Kathleen. May the peace which passes all understanding be upon you today. Just remember how we, as widows, are very special to the Lord. I love the fact that I am totally surrounded by Him. Your husband's graduation into Heaven is still very fresh for you. It has been almost 11 years now since my husband went Home to be with the Lord. I know the pain and sometimes numbness you are going through, but as time goes on, for some just a little time, for others, like myself, many years, the pain will subside. Our God is faithful.
He will never leave us nor forsake us. Oh how I love Him.

Christian Widow

Dear Christian W,

I appreciate that exhortation. I don't know if you know the devotional writings of Oswald Chambers, but apparently, I recently learned that his most famous collection titled "My Utmost for His Highest" was actually assembled by his dear young widow over the course of several years based upon his sermon notes. He was a Bible Training School teacher in England, then was assigned as a Chaplain overseas and died of a short illness only seven years after he had married his young bride. We wouldn't know about him if it hadn't been for her dedication of herself to his memory all in Christ. That really touched me. I want to become closer to Christ in all of this -- and I'm glad for your reminder that He is coming again soon.

In Christ,
Kathleen

Upvote 0

Christianwidow

Jul 17, 2011
California
✟15,318.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Dear Christian W,

I appreciate that exhortation. I don't know if you know the devotional writings of Oswald Chambers, but apparently, I recently learned that his most famous collection titled "My Utmost for His Highest" was actually assembled by his dear young widow over the course of several years based upon his sermon notes. He was a Bible Training School teacher in England, then was assigned as a Chaplain overseas and died of a short illness only seven years after he had married his young bride. We wouldn't know about him if it hadn't been for her dedication of herself to his memory all in Christ. That really touched me. I want to become closer to Christ in all of this -- and I'm glad for your reminder that He is coming again soon.

In Christ,
Kathleen

A fine Saturday to you Kathleen,
Yes, I have definitely heard of Oswald Chambers, and yes, you are right that we would not have known of him if it had not been for his faithful widow. I too want to become closer and closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love being His bride. I hope my daily walk with Him will be one that is pleasing to Him. One that will draw all that I come in contact with to Him. I want so much for others to see Christ in me. Being a widow has drawn me so near to Him. When I look back, almost eleven years now, my heart was so aching for my husband. I loved him so very much. We were indeed one flesh. But now my heart aches to see my Savior. That is how much I have drawn near to Him. I praise Him for allowing me to go through this trial. It has made me love Him so much more. And yes, daily I look up, for my redemption draws nigh.

Christian Widow

Upvote 0

Softbreeze

Oct 18, 2011
✟7,728.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
God has blessed me with kids who has taken many of the task that my husband would handle. I am very thankful that they want to help me. I am thankful that I have family and friends who has not forgotten about me. Who are willing to help me make it through the first holidays without my husband.

Upvote 0