+RubiesFire+

Senior Veteran
Nov 1, 2005
✟18,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am going to be very honest-I am not to fond of the Catholic Doctrine.

Due to the Fact of things I have learned, and being born and raised Catholic I converted away four years ago to become an Evangelist.

So I feel that my soul is in complete darkness, yep, I admit that too.

But yet I can still talk of Christ without a Problem, and help others.

I feel my soul is in great danger, because I feel destined to Hell, and it's like God is telling me.

So my Mom asked me this morning, "I am going to Church tomorrow with your Sister-do you want to come?"

For the first time- I shrugged and said, "I don't care." Usually I would of said, "NO!"

This is my first time going back in a long time, and I feel kind of at peace that I am going. It's like I am looking forward to it.

But I still consider myself very Evangelist-but the Churches fail in my eyes.

I haven't done it in such a long time. I guess I need encouraging words.

Thank's.

Reactions: epiclesis

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
Bask in the Real Presence of Our Lord :) . Here is a good prayer so that you can make a good spiritual Communion (and maybe through the grace of Our Lord you will one day be able to receive the Eucharist again :) ):

Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy wounds hide me.
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee.
From the malignant enemy, defend me.
In the hour of my death, call me.
And bid me come to Thee.
That with Thy saints I may praise Thee.
Forever and ever. Amen

Reactions: +RubiesFire+
Upvote 0

+RubiesFire+

Senior Veteran
Nov 1, 2005
✟18,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What about Catholic doctrine bothers you?

As regards to words of comfort, what about the Mass are you nervous about, perhaps then my words can be more specific to your needs.

I guess pretty much all of it bother me, except the Eucharist.

I never was like this before, and eveything then changed.

I guess when I go tomorrow-Jesus won't forgive me, I know that sounds foolish, it's like when I try to ask for forgiveness, I don't feel forgiven, or I am not taken seriously, or sometimes I don't want to repent.

Kind of hard for me to describe.

Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I guess pretty much all of it bother me, except the Eucharist.

So does that mean you believe that the Eucharist is truly the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ?

I never was like this before, and eveything then changed.

Do you know why everything changed?

I guess when I go tomorrow-Jesus won't forgive me, I know that sounds foolish, it's like when I try to ask for forgiveness, I don't feel forgiven, or I am not taken seriously, or sometimes I don't want to repent.

Kind of hard for me to describe.

Hmm, is it possible that you may be struggling with depression or scrupulosity. When you previously went to Church, did you ever go to Confession?

Upvote 0

+RubiesFire+

Senior Veteran
Nov 1, 2005
✟18,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So does that mean you believe that the Eucharist is truly the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ?

Do you know why everything changed?

Hmm, is it possible that you may be struggling with depression or scrupulosity. When you previously went to Church, did you ever go to Confession?

1. The Eucharist-Do I believe it is the Body, Blood, and Soul, Divinity of Jesus Christ?

Yes and No.

2. Do you know why everything changed?

Yes. A priest turned me away when I questioned things, and seek advice. And also met a few who were apart of another Christian Denomination, and were not Catholic, and pointed out things to me, so I left. More than this.

3. Is it possible that you may be struggling with depression or scrupulosity. When you previously went to Church, did you ever go to Confession?
Nope don't suffer from any depression, don't have any reasons why, and scrupulosity-Of course not!

When I was Catholic-Did I ever go to Confession? Never did in my life.

Upvote 0

+RubiesFire+

Senior Veteran
Nov 1, 2005
✟18,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bask in the Real Presence of Our Lord :) . Here is a good prayer so that you can make a good spiritual Communion (and maybe through the grace of Our Lord you will one day be able to receive the Eucharist again :) ):

Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy wounds hide me.
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee.
From the malignant enemy, defend me.
In the hour of my death, call me.
And bid me come to Thee.
That with Thy saints I may praise Thee.
Forever and ever. Amen

Thank's for the prayer.

Reactions: QuantaCura
Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
2. Do you know why everything changed?

Yes. A priest turned me away when I questioned things, and seek advice. And also met a few who were apart of another Christian Denomination, and were not Catholic, and pointed out things to me, so I left. More than this.

Well if you have any questions or concerns about specific Catholic teachings we would be happy to help.

3. Is it possible that you may be struggling with depression or scrupulosity. When you previously went to Church, did you ever go to Confession?
Nope don't suffer from any depression, don't have any reasons why, and scrupulosity-Of course not!

Excellent, in that case we can be assured of God's mercy when we repent and seek to do His will, as Catholics we believe that an essential part of our repentance and reconciliation with God is the Sacrament of Confession, where we concretely that we have been forgiven by God. If you have questions about why we believe this, feel free to ask.

Other than that, just know that the Mass is a liturgy that has been a part of the christian way of life since the time of Jesus, it is the way that the apostles and their successors passed down to us as to how we are to worship Jesus. We also believe that Jesus truly is present at the Mass when the bread and wine are consecrated into the Eucharist. In addition we have scripture readings and songs. If you do not remember the gestures and words at Mass from your childhood, no worries, just follow what other people do.

For me Mass is Heaven on Earth, it is the Heavenly Liturgy, it the liturgy which is described in the Books of Revelation, without Mass, I do not know what I would do. I need the grace which I receive from the Mass to be a follower of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

epiclesis

Legend
Sep 29, 2003
Oregon
✟52,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
RF, I bid you good luck tomorrow. :hug: and I will keep you in my prayers!

Don't worry about all the big stuff at the moment, just enjoy the Mass tomorrow and then worry about the rest of the stuff later. :)

Consider going to RCIA classes... get information about Catholicism straight from Catholicism itself, instead of elsewhere... it would be a great start. :)

Come back with questions! :hug:

Upvote 0

HisKid1973

Thank You Jesus For Interceding For Me
Mar 29, 2005
Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If it weren't for Evangelical Protestantism-- I never would have reverted back to Catholicism.

Shannon, thanks for sharing that...

Rubies...satan is like a roaring lion seeking who he can devour...He know true belivers in Christ and seeks to discourage them.....Feelings can be deceptive sometimes...This is a good time to read the footsteps poem..You are designed to spread the Gospel in season and out and you are doing that....Conversely, there are times that I would cal a dark night for the soul when it seems you prayers hit the ceiling. Sometimes God wants us walk in a valley to teach us something..Believe me I have been there a few times and I have been walking with Christ for over 30 years..The Lord says He will never leave you or forsake you so when we feel seperate we need to take the step to get closer..I hope some of this makes sense to you. Blessed are are those who havent seen yet believed...shalom..kim

Upvote 0

IAMCATHOLIC

Feb 26, 2006
✟15,421.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Due to the Fact of things I have learned, and being born and raised Catholic I converted away four years ago to become an Evangelist.

I feel my soul is in great danger, because I feel destined to Hell, and it's like God is telling me.

So my Mom asked me this morning, "I am going to Church tomorrow with your Sister-do you want to come?"

For the first time- I shrugged and said, "I don't care." Usually I would of said, "NO!"

This is my first time going back in a long time, and I feel kind of at peace that I am going. It's like I am looking forward to it.

Thank's.

You will be in my prayers tomorrow at Mass.

May The risen Christ continue to guide you and bless you!

Peace

Rubies...satan is like a roaring lion seeking who he can devour...He know true belivers in Christ and seeks to discourage them.....Feelings can be deceptive sometimes...This is a good time to read the footsteps poem..You are designed to spread the Gospel in season and out and you are doing that....Conversely, there are times that I would cal a dark night for the soul when it seems you prayers hit the ceiling. Sometimes God wants us walk in a valley to teach us something..Believe me I have been there a few times and I have been walking with Christ for over 30 years..The Lord says He will never leave you or forsake you so when we feel seperate we need to take the step to get closer..I hope some of this makes sense to you. Blessed are are those who havent seen yet believed...shalom..kim

:thumbsup:

Great stuff Kim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

King of the Nations

Apr 22, 2005
✟5,186.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
If it weren't for Evangelical Protestantism-- I nver would have reverted back to Catholicism.

I am so grateful --becuase it was with those Evangelicals that I was given a love of Scripture, and prayer, and an openess to the Holy Spirit, a fire for Jesus and many other immense gifts...

Exaaaactly. :thumbsup: Same here.

Greg

Upvote 0

BrRichSFO

Aug 29, 2006
✟16,014.00
Faith
Catholic

Thank's.
Christ used the example of a flock. The wolf, (satan) wants to spearate a sheep from the flock so that he can attack it easier. You should seriously consider going to Confession so that you can return to receiving the Eucharist in a state of grace. If you return to the flock you will be better protected from the wolf.

Upvote 0

lionroar0

Coffee drinker
Jul 10, 2004
✟20,401.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Thank's.

If I may suggest something. How do you feel about just sitting in front of the Tabernacle and just talking and listening to Jesus?

Peace

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.