Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does it mean,'To be absent from the body is to be home with the LORD? (2 Cor.5:8)

Just that; to be home with the Lord Jesus; some want to say we will be on a new earth not in heaven; or we will rest in our beds (graves) till Jesus comes; but where ever Jesus is will be heaven. He even said while he was here on the earth that he was in heaven. I like the NKJV of that passage:

"We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord."

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew Henry said in his Commentary:

"The body of flesh is a heavy burden, the calamities of life are a heavy load. But believers groan, being burdened with a body of sin, and because of the many corruptions remaining and raging within them. Death will strip us of the clothing of flesh, and all the comforts of life, as well as end all our troubles here below. But believing souls shall be clothed with garments of praise, with robes of righteousness and glory."

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Found that passage (again) where Jesus said he was in heaven even when he was on earth:

"No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven." John 3:13 nkjv

Where ever Jesus is; is heaven; from everlasting to everlasting.

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Found that passage (again) where Jesus said he was in heaven even when he was on earth:

"No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven." John 3:13 nkjv

Where ever Jesus is; is heaven; from everlasting to everlasting.
And that's the truth. Thankyou!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm standing at the bus stop; waiting for my Lord Jesus to send that big "Freedom Bus" anytime He see fit!:amen::clap::)
Whoopie! 'Mnorian'. God bless you brother!

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whoopie! 'Mnorian'. God bless you brother!

Thank you Bro! May the peace of Jesus envelope you like you are in one of the large cocoons that the caterpillars make here in the Pacific NW this time of year!:angel:

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi MP; been meaning to ask you if you wanted to come over to P&W Music and play God's Child's Musical Hangman game;
I will definitely visit...see you there,

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hiyah all! I hav'nt arrived home yet! In truth I've got lost and ended up in a suburb miles away from my daughter's new house! Waiting to be picked up by my wife as I am walking. I'm glad I have not lost my eternal home ! Jesus is the way to heaven! This post is after hospital. God bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0