Jan 5, 2005
Nova Scotia
✟5,552.00
Faith
Christian
hurtingheart43 said:
God's love what does it really mean ? I have heard alot of different things
about God's love.
When God takes us though something does he loves us or is he punishing us ?
hurtingheart43

I am so sorry that you don't know about God's love hurtingheart

You speak of hurting. For me, it is through hurting that we learn and grow. A leader once told me that our hurting is Jesus on the Cross and I figured if that was the case that I could deal with my hurting.

For me, God's love is unconditional meaning that God loves me no matter what. Many people think that means I can do whatever I want and God says it is okay but that is not the case at all. God loves me no matter what I do and I am responsible for what I do so that if I kill or rape or do bad things, I must atone for that in some way; I am responsible but God will always love me. That kind of love tells me that I am good and I can DO good things or I can do bad things. If I do bad things, there is always a price to pay but I am good and God loves me. We are not the things we do. I am not sure exactly, but we are what we are and we can't really change that but we can change what we do and become better people. No matter what God loves us, no more, no less.

I surfed the web and found a page and copied a little and then I give you the URL so you can see it for yourself. It explains God's unconditional love much more clearly than I can. It it called the Sedona Method and I couldn't find any religious affiliations. You can access the whole site and choose whether you want to read it.

How would the Course define "unconditional love"?

Answer:

Short answer: Unconditional love is the Love of God, the only real Love: a limitless, changeless Love that embraces everyone and does not have to be earned in any way. We are forever worthy of unconditional love, because God created us as beings who are both lovable and loving, and our true nature cannot be changed. We can restore our awareness of God's unconditional Love and of our own true, loving nature by meeting the conditions necessary for this restoration; in particular, by loving our brothers unconditionally through forgiveness.

Unconditional love is the Love of God, the only real Love: a limitless, changeless Love that embraces everyone and does not have to be earned in any way.

"Unconditional love"--love that is given freely and without reservation to everyone, whether it seems to be "deserved" or not--is an attractive ideal for many of us. I remember singing the Donna Summer song "Unconditional Love" in the church I used to attend, a song whose chorus goes like this:

http://www.circleofa.com/Q_and_A/unconditional.html

Upvote 0