Aug 12, 2013
America
✟15,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
September 5, 2013

Well, that’s what we wrote. Me, my wife, and a dozen other Christians from Palestine, Texas and the surrounding county of Anderson. It is so neat for me to come back two years later and read what was written.

Everyone should keep a journal of the things God has done in their lives. It gives you such a greater perspective of His work and the many ways He’s blessed you. It’s like taking a picture of a tree and then coming back a few years later and standing in front of the tree with the picture in your hand. It’s been growing all along, but too slowly for you to see. However, once you stand there with the evidence of what was and look at what now is, it is so obvious what has happened.

Speaking of trees, God did indeed save the big oak tree in our back yard, just as Sheila and I prayed and believed that He would. It has three big dead limbs in the top of it, but the tree is very much alive and well. God has answered so many prayers.

I recently found another letter my grandmother had written. It wasn’t addressed to anyone. I think she wrote it just to have a written account of how God called her and drew her to Him. I’ll type that letter and post it here in the next day or two.

I think about her a lot these days, how she was the one who fed me scripture as I was growing up and always told me to trust in the Lord. I remember a dream I had once when I was a child. I dreamed that my grandmother and I were walking downtown and heard a trumpet from the sky. She looked at me, her face lit up with joy, and said, "Jesus is coming!". Next thing I knew, we were rising up into the clouds. At some point in our assent, I looked around and lost my focus for a moment. I began to fall. Quickly I scrambled to grab a hold of my grandmother's ankle and once I had a firm grip, I felt safe again. I believe that was God’s way of telling me “Cling to the teachings of this woman. Hold onto the things she’s telling you and don’t EVER let go”.

I hope somebody has been blessed by these stories from our unfinished “book”. If one person has been helped or comforted by them, or been led to Christ, or brought back to Him, or just gotten a chuckle out of them here and there, then in my mind all the hours of writing were very much worth it.

If anybody has a story they would like to add to this thread, by all means feel free to do so. I have other stories I could tell, but it seems like my best efforts always come forth when someone else inspires me with their story. I welcome all of you who wish to share.

May God bless you all,
Darrin Galloway

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Darrin

Aug 12, 2013
America
✟15,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
September 8, 2013

Here is that story my grandmother wrote. Looking at her handwriting and the condition of the paper, I’d say she wrote it many years before the letter she wrote and left in my Bible.

This story is about the way God chose me to be one of His children- it is not the Story of My life but to tell how God chose me I’ll have to tell parts of My life-

In Deut-7- 6 it reads “The Lord Thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto Himself”- God chose me long before I chose Him-- I believe this with All my heart. This is how God planned my life-

When I was very young- I lived with my parents who were very poor- My father worked hard and was a good man. They never spoke to me about God. We didn’t own a Bible and I never heard them pray.

One day my Bro. & I were out playing near our home. A man came by- He had a Bible and said he was a preacher. He asked us if we went to church- we told him we didn’t go because we didn’t have any clothes to wear or a way to go. He promised us he would come back & bring us some clothes & see we had a way to go-

we waited for him for days but we never saw him again- one of those days I cried- I believe God looked down on me that day and planned How I would know Him.

Soon after this my father died. I was sent to an orphanage-- I had quit thinking about church and God by then, but, the orphanage was a christian institution-

The special girl who led me to become a christian was my best friend. She was a beautiful girl, but had an eye disease that eventually caused her blindness- But before she went blind she would read her Bible every day- She would tell me to read it, too, because it was such a comfort to her.

One day I went with her to the Dr. and he told her she would have to stop reading because her sight was almost gone. So she asked me to read the Bible to her. I did read it to her but I never really understood it-

Two weeks before she was to be sent to “The School for the Blind” in Austin Texas, we had a Revival Meeting at the church- I attended but never felt any desire to become a christian-

One morning after the sermon the preacher asked if any one who had a friend that they had been praying for to go kneel down by that person. My friend came & knelt down by my side and she told me she had been praying for me a long time- So that day I chose God- My friend went away and I never saw her again so as I looked back over my life I realized God really did choose me- Some time we have to go through heart ache & disappointments but God wins in the end.

Since the day I became a christian I have always lived within walking distance to a church and have always had clothes to wear.

I learned to pray and one of my prayers was for God to show me the way and to prove He was real to me- One night I had a dream and even tho it was years ago I still Remember it in every detail

I dreamed I was walking on a very narrow road- it was very hot & I was tired- the road had a very steep hill and at the top of the hill stood a large green tree. I kept thinking, “if I can climb the hill I could rest.” A soft breeze blew across my face and a cool breeze touched my hand. Together we walked up the hill to the tree & I wasn’t tired anymore- Yes, Jesus walks with us all our lives- He has proven that to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0