dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been thinking about these verses and wonder if they'd make a good apologetic for YECs. Perhaps all the galaxies were close to earth at creation (hence their light reached earth relatively quickly), and then God stretched out the heavens, moving them all a lot further away. What do you think? (All verses from the HCSB.)

Job 9:8--> He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea.

Psa 104:2--> He wraps Himself in light as if it were a robe, spreading out the sky like a canopy,

Isa 40:22--> God is enthroned above the circle of the earth; its inhabitants are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like thin cloth and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Isa 42:5--> This is what God, Yahweh, says-- who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and life to those who walk on it--

Isa 44:24--> This is what the LORD, your Redeemer who formed you from the womb, says: I am Yahweh, who made everything; who stretched out the heavens by Myself; who alone spread out the earth;

Isa 45:12--> I made the earth, and created man on it. It was My hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.

Jer 10:12--> He made the earth by His power, established the world by His wisdom, and spread out the heavens by His understanding.

Zec 12:1--> An Oracle The word of the LORD concerning Israel. A declaration of the LORD, who stretched out the heavens, laid the foundation of the earth, and formed the spirit of man within him.

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been thinking about these verses and wonder if they'd make a good apologetic for YECs. Perhaps all the galaxies were close to earth at creation (hence their light reached earth relatively quickly), and then God stretched out the heavens, moving them all a lot further away. What do you think? (All verses from the HCSB.).
Actually, Genesis 1 totally disproves all OEC arguments and most YEC theology.
Taking the Word of God as it actually is written:
There were no heavens "out there" on day one. There was no earth/dry land here, on day 1.
There was only one vast globe of water and the powers of them, and the powers of the "light" brought to "be" on day 1.
The light brought into being on day 1 is the powers of the "electric" creation/ universe.

There were no heavens stretched out and nothing "out there" until day 2, when the "firmament of His power" was stretched out "between the divided in two waters" of this created globe. Half the waters are above the stretched out firmament, and half below, still.
He named the powers "two waters"/sha-mayim, translated "heavens".

The sun is not a star, in the Word of God, and is, in the Word of God, the "Menorrah/candelabra" of the universe, made on day 4 of creation week to be the light governor, which gathers the light and refracts it back out to the entire heavens.

Enoch the prophet, the seventh from Adam, visited the temple of God in heaven, and it was built of cut [diamond] crystals and pillars of fire. plasma is a product of the light refracted to the cut crystal sun, and the pillars of fire are tremendous, reaching out to great distances from the "core"/the temple/the sun. Enoch wrote that the sun and moon are the same size, so the pillars of fire do extend to great distances out from the core of the Temple of God, as plasma, from the light conducted from the stars.
The stars are not vast furnaces of fire, but do conduct the light brought into being on day 1, to the sun. The universe is not so great of a distance as "science" guesses, but is not measurable with the measures of man from earth, and the powers of the firmament are taken by them to be "distance", when in fact, it is "powers".

Stars are also living beings, called angels. All angels are not stars, but all stars are angels. The planets are wandering stars, with no light of their own to conduct, and the earth is not a planet, does not wander, and is fixed in place -but will jump about as a hunted roe in the tribulation, and turn upside down, and the seasons will be backwards then, and earthquakes and winds and pillars of fire [volcano eruptions] caused by the turning upside down of the earth will make men's hearts melt for the fear of the things coming....much more is in the word of God about that time. Stars will fall to the earth from whence the heavens were stretched out from, in that time.
When the heavens are rolled up as a scroll and the new creation is brought into being, it will be the same created elements regenerated as it was in the beginning, but all made new; and it will happen in the blink of an eye, just like our change will, either at the rapture of our bodies from the grave or the rapture of our alive and remaining bodies at His call to be gathered together with Him.

The "circle of the earth" which God sits upon -in His created throne in His created heavens- is the "revolving heavens", which God set to revolving around the earth when He said; "Let there be light", and the light was brought into being "right here", separated from the dark, as part of the created globe of water out of which elements of, He brought into being every created thing in heaven and in earth; and the heavens revolved around the globe from the beginning, and the night and day were made to equal "one Day".

Study with eyes to see what it says, but discard tradition and take it as Truth, not allegory, and you will be amazed at the deception veiling the eyes of fallen man!

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, Genesis 1 totally disproves all OEC arguments and most YEC theology.
Taking the Word of God as it actually is written:
There were no heavens "out there" on day one. There was no earth/dry land here, on day 1.
There was only one vast globe of water and the powers of them, and the powers of the "light" brought to "be" on day 1.
The light brought into being on day 1 is the powers of the "electric" creation/ universe.

There were no heavens stretched out and nothing "out there" until day 2, when the "firmament of His power" was stretched out "between the divided in two waters" of this created globe. Half the waters are above the stretched out firmament, and half below, still.
He named the powers "two waters"/sha-mayim, translated "heavens".

The sun is not a star, in the Word of God, and is, in the Word of God, the "Menorrah/candelabra" of the universe, made on day 4 of creation week to be the light governor, which gathers the light and refracts it back out to the entire heavens.

Enoch the prophet, the seventh from Adam, visited the temple of God in heaven, and it was built of cut [diamond] crystals and pillars of fire. plasma is a product of the light refracted to the cut crystal sun, and the pillars of fire are tremendous, reaching out to great distances from the "core"/the temple/the sun. Enoch wrote that the sun and moon are the same size, so the pillars of fire do extend to great distances out from the core of the Temple of God, as plasma, from the light conducted from the stars.
The stars are not vast furnaces of fire, but do conduct the light brought into being on day 1, to the sun. The universe is not so great of a distance as "science" guesses, but is not measurable with the measures of man from earth, and the powers of the firmament are taken by them to be "distance", when in fact, it is "powers".

Stars are also living beings, called angels. All angels are not stars, but all stars are angels. The planets are wandering stars, with no light of their own to conduct, and the earth is not a planet, does not wander, and is fixed in place -but will jump about as a hunted roe in the tribulation, and turn upside down, and the seasons will be backwards then, and earthquakes and winds and pillars of fire [volcano eruptions] caused by the turning upside down of the earth will make men's hearts melt for the fear of the things coming....much more is in the word of God about that time. Stars will fall to the earth from whence the heavens were stretched out from, in that time.
When the heavens are rolled up as a scroll and the new creation is brought into being, it will be the same created elements regenerated as it was in the beginning, but all made new; and it will happen in the blink of an eye, just like our change will, either at the rapture of our bodies from the grave or the rapture of our alive and remaining bodies at His call to be gathered together with Him.

The "circle of the earth" which God sits upon -in His created throne in His created heavens- is the "revolving heavens", which God set to revolving around the earth when He said; "Let there be light", and the light was brought into being "right here", separated from the dark, as part of the created globe of water out of which elements of, He brought into being every created thing in heaven and in earth; and the heavens revolved around the globe from the beginning, and the night and day were made to equal "one Day".

Study with eyes to see what it says, but discard tradition and take it as Truth, not allegory, and you will be amazed at the deception veiling the eyes of fallen man!
You started out getting my attention, but then it got too far out there to be taken seriously. Thanks anyway.

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
EYgbC1W.gif

Thread moved from General Theology to Origins Theology.

gUUo2FS.gif

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You started out getting my attention, but then it got too far out there to be taken seriously. Thanks anyway.
So, tell me, what is "too far out"?
I can show you everything in the Word of God that I posted, for the reasons why I posted them, if you want.
I have written before on the subjects in the forum, and can link to them with many reasons listed already for why I believe what I believe.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is the Electric universe too far out? here is a non Christian website that explains the "science" of the electric universe, and plasma. http://www.electricuniverse.info/Introduction
Is it too far out that the stars are created beings who govern the rains, winds, seasons, hail, snow, and sleet, whose names are all known by the Creator, who calls them all by their names, and who answer to the Creator?
It is Bible science.
Gen 1:14

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for" signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:"

And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Jdg 5:20,21 They fought from heaven; the stars in their courses fought against Sisera.
The river of Kishon swept them away, that ancient river, the river Kishon. O my soul, thou hast trodden down strength.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is the created temple of God, where He sits on a throne in the created heavens and which temple is set in the sun, too far out?
It is Bible fact. When I wrote the below, I thought the "tessellated/cut crystal" walls of the temple of God with the pillars of fire, were rock crystal, by information from history which I had; but since then I have discovered the "science" that believes there are diamond oceans on a couple planets and floating diamond icebergs in those oceans, which makes more sense of the cut diamond walls refracting out the light and great pillars of plasma rising and falling from the core of the sun, which flames are hotter the farther out than they are at the core, as science tells us -you can find that in the Electric sun discussions on the non-Christian web sites that discuss this, in scientific terms..

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...-god-which-is-in-the-created-heavens.7259341/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/7042515/Oceans-of-diamonds-on-Uranus-and-Neptune.html

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, tell me, what is "too far out"?
  1. The sun is not a star
    - Actually, the sun is a star, just like all the other stars in the universe. The only thing "special" about it is that it's the star that is "connected" to earth.
  2. Enoch the prophet, the seventh from Adam, visited the temple of God in heaven
    - Where did you get this? (And assuming you didn't get it from the Bible, the rest of that paragraph about Enoch is "too far out".)
  3. Enoch wrote that the sun and moon are the same size
    - No he didn't, and they aren't, as any Jr. High astronomy student knows.
  4. The stars are not vast furnaces of fire, but do conduct the light brought into being on day 1
    - Wrong again. Stars are not light conductors; they do indeed generate their own heat/light through nuclear reactions.
  5. Stars are also living beings, called angels
    - I'm familiar with the verse in Revelation that provides the symbol definition for stars/angels, but that's specific to John's vision. Angels are messengers of God that interact with mankind. (See absolutely *any* reference to a literal angel in the Bible.) I really lost interest after reading this one, so that's where I'll stop telling you what I think is "too far out".

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  1. - Actually, the sun is a star, just like all the other stars in the universe. The only thing "special" about it is that it's the star that is "connected" to earth.
  2. - Where did you get this? (And assuming you didn't get it from the Bible, the rest of that paragraph about Enoch is "too far out".)
  3. - No he didn't, and they aren't, as any Jr. High astronomy student knows.
  4. - Wrong again. Stars are not light conductors; they do indeed generate their own heat/light through nuclear reactions.
  5. - I'm familiar with the verse in Revelation that provides the symbol definition for stars/angels, but that's specific to John's vision. Angels are messengers of God that interact with mankind. (See absolutely *any* reference to a literal angel in the Bible.) I really lost interest after reading this one, so that's where I'll stop telling you what I think is "too far out".
Thank you for your reply.
Now as to your belief system: it is not Bible based, but is traditions you have been taught outside the Bible that you believe. If you examine why you believe them you may find that "Tradition" trumps Bible.
First, let's go to the stars as angels created as living beings to do the will of God and who answer to God.
The stars of Light are the morning stars/ sons of God "who sang together when the foundations of the earth were laid".
No Scripture in the Word of God tells us the sun is a star. It does tell us that:
the sun is the appointed governor of the created light of day 1, a "Menorrah", which gathers the light in and refracts it back out to the entire heavens;
it does tell us that God set His created temple in the created sun.
No science has been able to tell or know the size of the sun, itself, and the "pillars of fire"
/plasma, arising and falling back are discovered by "science" to be hotter farther out than deeper in. Science tells us how far out the pillars of fire reach, but they do not know and cannot tell the size of the core of the sun. Enoch tells us it is the same size as the moon!

The sun is not a furnace of fire, but a created menorah, connected by currents to the "stars", which conduct their light to the sun, the governor and ruler of the light.
A menorrah is not a light source, but has poured in it that which shines out.
God asked Job if he knew where light dwells, and no, Job nor we do not know, for light does not "dwell" in the sun nor in the stars, but the light source/the power of light, is poured into the sun by the currents coming from the stars, and the sun governs that light and refracts it back out.
You would benefit from looking into the "Electric Sun" and Electric universe" sites I linked to see what men of science say about that electric universe and electric sun, with proven tests done in laboratories that show a galaxy can be scaled in a test tube in a laboratory, and behaves exactly as the galaxies seen through telescopes.
When God named the firmament of His power "heavens", he named them, in Hebrew, "Two waters", Shamayim, because He stretched out the heavens from the earth between the cut in two waters of creation on day 2.
There were no "galaxies out there" until God stretched out the heavens, and the morning stars sang together when He did so, God said in Job 38, said, when He "laid the foundations of the earth.

Jdg 5:20 They fought from heaven; the stars in their courses fought against Sisera.
The stars sent a flood over Sisera and destroyed more than the armies of Israel.
God calls all the stars by name, and they all answer to Him.

The stars are sons of God in the Word of God, and the Watcher angels are stars, in the Word of God.
The lightnings are also animate beings who answer to God, in the Word of God:
Job 38:35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?

Rev 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
As to Enoch: it is canon in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, and has always been "scripture/sacred writings among the Jews who were in Ethiopia when the Gospel came to them in the first century. It is the "first book of eschatology" given to the sons of Adam, and one who neglects it makes up all kinds of myths to "fill in the blanks", which are not blank when one reads Enoch, and Enoch dispels the myths man has made up about the creation and corroborates with the Bible we use.

The Jews who came into Christ in Ethiopia never came under Rome and so never cast out Enoch.
What they have was confirmed in the Dead Sea Scrolls as correct.
Copies of it were brought back to England in the late 1700's and translated to English in the early 1800's.

I have much more from Bible to show to this subject of the stars as sons of God and living beings who answer to God and govern over the seasons and winds and rains and so forth and so on, but for now, I have to go.

Job 38
Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said:

“Who is this who darkens counsel
By words without knowledge?

Now prepare yourself like a man;
I will question you, and you shall answer Me.

“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding.

Who determined its measurements?
Surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?

To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,

When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

“Or who shut in the sea with doors,
When it burst forth and issued from the womb;

When I made the clouds its garment,
And thick darkness its swaddling band;

When I fixed My limit for it,
And set bars and doors;

When I said,
‘This far you may come, but no farther,
And here your proud waves must stop!’

“Have you commanded the morning since your days began,
And caused the dawn to know its place,

That it might take hold of the ends of the earth,
And the wicked be shaken out of it?

It takes on form like clay under a seal,
And stands out like a garment.

From the wicked their light is withheld,
And the upraised arm is broken.

“Have you entered the springs of the sea?
Or have you walked in search of the depths?

Have the gates of death been revealed to you?
Or have you seen the doors of the shadow of death?

Have you comprehended the breadth of the earth?
Tell Me, if you know all this.

“Where is the way to the dwelling of light?
And darkness, where is its place,

That you may take it to its territory,
That you may know the paths to its home?

Do you know it, because you were born then,
Or because the number of your days is great?

“Have you entered the treasury of snow,
Or have you seen the treasury of hail,

Which I have reserved for the time of trouble,
For the day of battle and war?

By what way is light diffused,
Or the east wind scattered over the earth?

“Who has divided a channel for the overflowing water,
Or a path for the thunderbolt,

To cause it to rain on a land where there is no one,
A wilderness in which there is no man;

To satisfy the desolate waste,
And cause to spring forth the growth of tender grass?

Has the rain a father?
Or who has begotten the drops of dew?

From whose womb comes the ice?
And the frost of heaven, who gives it birth?

The waters harden like stone,
And the surface of the deep is frozen.

“Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades,
Or loose the belt of Orion?

Can you bring out Mazzaroth[a] in its season?
Or can you guide the Great Bear with its cubs?

Do you know the ordinances of the heavens?
Can you set their dominion over the earth?

“Can you lift up your voice to the clouds,
That an abundance of water may cover you?

Can you send out lightnings, that they may go,
And say to you, ‘Here we are!’?

Who has put wisdom in the mind?
Or who has given understanding to the heart?

Who can number the clouds by wisdom?
Or who can pour out the bottles of heaven,

When the dust hardens in clumps,
And the clods cling together?

“Can you hunt the prey for the lion,
Or satisfy the appetite of the young lions,

When they crouch in their dens,
Or lurk in their lairs to lie in wait?

Who provides food for the raven,
When its young ones cry to God,
And wander about for lack of food?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I've been thinking about these verses and wonder if they'd make a good apologetic for YECs. Perhaps all the galaxies were close to earth at creation (hence their light reached earth relatively quickly), and then God stretched out the heavens, moving them all a lot further away. What do you think? (All verses from the HCSB.)

Job 9:8--> He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea.

Psa 104:2--> He wraps Himself in light as if it were a robe, spreading out the sky like a canopy,

Isa 40:22--> God is enthroned above the circle of the earth; its inhabitants are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like thin cloth and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Isa 42:5--> This is what God, Yahweh, says-- who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and life to those who walk on it--

Isa 44:24--> This is what the LORD, your Redeemer who formed you from the womb, says: I am Yahweh, who made everything; who stretched out the heavens by Myself; who alone spread out the earth;

Isa 45:12--> I made the earth, and created man on it. It was My hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.

Jer 10:12--> He made the earth by His power, established the world by His wisdom, and spread out the heavens by His understanding.

Zec 12:1--> An Oracle The word of the LORD concerning Israel. A declaration of the LORD, who stretched out the heavens, laid the foundation of the earth, and formed the spirit of man within him.

The Bible is incredibly accurate as it turns out.

The expanding universe is not expanding the way a flood expands - rather it is expanding the way a curtain stretches out - every part all the cross the path is expanding not just inward elements flowing out to the outer edges.

Is 40:22
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

A point of truth only recently discovered in science.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
dysert, why would you believe some aspects of modern cosmology at the expense of biblical cosmology, but reject other aspects of modern cosmology in favor of biblical cosmology? Do you not know that how yeshuasavedme sounds to you, you sound to people who accept modern cosmology?

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
dysert, why would you believe some aspects of modern cosmology at the expense of biblical cosmology, but reject other aspects of modern cosmology in favor of biblical cosmology? Do you not know that how yeshuasavedme sounds to you, you sound to people who accept modern cosmology?
I'm not following you. I think I do accept most all aspects of modern cosmology. The problems I have with yeshuasavedme seem to be related to the fact that she accepts the book of Enoch as inspired and I don't. Therefore she posits some wild ideas that aren't consistent with the facts.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not following you. I think I do accept most all aspects of modern cosmology. The problems I have with yeshuasavedme seem to be related to the fact that she accepts the book of Enoch as inspired and I don't. Therefore she posits some wild ideas that aren't consistent with the facts.

Modern cosmology says that the universe is billions of years old. There are some very simple and overt ways to see this (though, calculating the exact age is more complex). One can try to engineer solutions to find a way to make it not so, but it _looks_ like the universe is billions of years old. The cosmology from Enoch is quite similar to the one in Job and Genesis, so forget about Enoch. yeshuasavedme could probably shoehorn most observations into a biblical cosmology, with a bit of work.

This is what YEC looks like to astronomers and physicists. To the Christians among them, the Bible wasn't meant to teach cosmology. So, if one is going to take the Bible as a teacher in that area, why only reject some modern cosmology and not the whole thing?

Reactions: yeshuasavedme
Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Modern cosmology says that the universe is billions of years old. There are some very simple and overt ways to see this (though, calculating the exact age is more complex). One can try to engineer solutions to find a way to make it not so, but it _looks_ like the universe is billions of years old. The cosmology from Enoch is quite similar to the one in Job and Genesis, so forget about Enoch. yeshuasavedme could probably shoehorn most observations into a biblical cosmology, with a bit of work.

This is what YEC looks like to astronomers and physicists. To the Christians among them, the Bible wasn't meant to teach cosmology. So, if one is going to take the Bible as a teacher in that area, why only reject some modern cosmology and not the whole thing?
I accept the Bible as true. I also accept much of what science says is true. Where they agree, good. In the few places they disagree, I still accept the Bible as true. I hope that clears things up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi dysert,

I think it good that you allow that this understanding is just a 'perhaps' of your imagination. Please don't be offended by that statement.

However, what you are attempting to do is this. You ask yourself, "How can I explain the problem of light distance and time by natural processes? Well, perhaps all the galaxies..." Then you make the parenthetical remark that (hence the light reached the earth relatively quickly). You are here attempting to bring the problem of light distance and time, specifically at the creation event, in line with the natural properties that we understand of light today. My position is that once we understand exactly what it means to be God, who merely speaks and miraculous things happen, even things on a scope and scale of size beyond our ability to even fathom, that trying to explain these events and results through what we understand as the 'natural properties' of things is useless.

For me, God has the power and ability to say, "Let there be a star 500 billion light years away from the earth and let its light be immediately visible upon the earth", and it immediately, in the span of less than a second, becomes so. I will look up into the night sky where I once counted a dozen stars and before I can blink my eye, there is a thirteenth star. For me, that's just a small example of the awesome power and ability that God has. (this also explains, miraculously, the star that led the wise men to Jesus. God said, "Let it become", and it became and when its job was done God just took the star away. The star, just as quickly as it appeared, disappeared.) Then God says, "I want man to understand who I am. I want Him to understand the vast and mighty power and abilities that I have that are so far beyond his understanding or comprehension. I want Him to want to love me because he understands that his very existence and continuing provision for life is because of me. So, I'm going to tell man exactly how I created all that he sees. I'm going to show him just what I have done that he might even have life, an existence upon the earth where he lives, and by that, give him some small idea of just how much I am responsible that he has that life and how much I love him that I created everything that he needs that he might have life. It is my hope," God continues, "that as man realizes that the very fact that he exists is by my power and provision for him, that he will praise and glorify me for his life and understand that I did it all because I love him."

To expound just a bit based on the rest of the Scriptures of how much God wants us to understand how our daily food and the air that we breath that sustains our life is a direct result of the cause of His creating, God has told us that it is He that made possible the rain which waters our crops. It is He that made possible the sun that provides the energy for the capillary system of seeds and plants to grow and produce crops. That it is He that created the atmosphere that holds the wide swath of oxygen and water that surrounds the earth that makes our continuing life possible. God wants us to know that it is only because of Him that we exist. Not in some manner in which He began from some microscopic piece of matter that exploded into what we see today, and then through some natural evolutionary process began organic life which then evolved into the first living thing which then evolved into more and more creatures of various kinds. God wants us to understand that He made everything that we see today pretty much exactly as we see it today, as concerns life on this planet.

He made the water that sustains life on this planet pretty much exactly the way water is on the planet today. He made the first plants that provide food for us pretty much the way we see plants today. He made all the other living creatures upon the earth pretty much the way we see them today. He made the first man who lived upon the earth pretty much the way any man looks today. He did all of this because He loves us over everything else that He created in this realm and He wants us to understand that because He is, we live. And by understanding that, we choose to love Him for who He is and all that He has done that we might have life and have it abundantly.

I also believe, based on the continuing testimony of God as regards the genealogies of Adam, and then Noah, and then Abraham just about when He did all of this. And the reason I believe that He gave us this timeline, is for the very purpose that we, who know God and love God and believe God, can say to those who would contend that our existence is some millions or billions of years through which evolutionary processes actually brought forth all that we see on the earth today,including man, can say--- No! That isn't the truth.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I accept the Bible as true. I also accept much of what science says is true. Where they agree, good. In the few places they disagree, I still accept the Bible as true. I hope that clears things up.

What yeshuasavedme is telling you is that this is not what you are doing. You are choosing to interpret certain passages poetically in order to accommodate modern cosmology. A lot of that talk about the Sun, Moon, and stars is in the Bible. But you are choosing not to interpret other passages poetically in order to accommodate certain parts of modern cosmology. These are passages that, at one time, were generally taken to be factual statements about the universe, and are still taken (apparently) by yeshuasavedme in that sense. That interpretation fell out of favor because of developments in natural philosophy and science.

So, I have to ask, how do you determine the line between what you are willing to take poetically (in spite of common interpretations from centuries past) and what you must take factually? Why does the relative positions of the Sun, Moon, and stars fit on one side? Why does the age of the Earth fall on the other?

Reactions: yeshuasavedme
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is the plain language of Genesis in the creation account completely rejected?
There was nothing "out there" on day 1 of creation week in Genesis 1. It was all created "right here", and the heavens were stretched out from "right here" on day 2 of creation week.
The light was stretched out from "right here", between the waters of "right here" which were cut in two, and the firmament of His power was "stretched out", between them.
The galaxies are electric conductors of the "light", and the sun is the receptor and refractor of the light, and is not a star.
The Scriptures state plainly that God created His dwelling place/temple, and set it in the sun. Too bad modern men in the late 17th century decided that the earth revolved around the sun, when the earth was first, and the center of the entire creation; and the sun was not made and set in the revolving heavens until day 4 of creation week.
The sun is not a star in the Word.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can show you in the Word why I believe what I believe, and post on this matter.
What is "too far out for you", and how is it not "far out" to put an entire creation that is not mentioned one time and cannot be, because there was not a named earth until day three of creation week! until verse 9,10 of Genesis 1, there was nothing but a globe of water, with half, only, of the primal waters below the stretched out in layers/stories, firmament of His powers which He named "two waters -sha-mayim/heavens", and out of which waters every element for all created things was brought out of, and formed into their respective parts of all that is created in this earth and on this earth.

Amo 9:6
It is he that buildeth his stories in the heaven,

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth composed out ofstanding out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6
Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water [Noah's flood], perished
2Pe 3:7
But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

God destroyed the earth in Noah's flood, and every creature in which was the breath of life, perished, which was created out of the earth. God promised to never, ever, destroy all His creation by a flood,again, for His heart was grieved; but He has promised to destroy it by fire, as Enoch the prophet, the seventh from Adam has prophesied, in His book, which will be the "second consummation of sin on earth".

There was no earth created before this present creation and destroyed for sin, for as Enoch says, there was coming the first consummation of sin by the flood, and there will be the second consummation of sin on earth, when God destroys it by fire, and elementally regenerates the entire creation in a blink of the eye, and all things are made new.
That is all there is, as to the creation of earth, the flood of Noah, and the final judgment by fire.

Upvote 0