Not open for further replies.

random_guy

Senior Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
✟3,457.00
Faith
Christian
pastorkevin73 said:
Claiming that GOd created the universe is not a fallacy, God did create the universe. To say that God didn't create the universe is a fallacy, not matter what time frame it took to create.

Playing devil's advocate, but claiming God didn't create the Universe isn't fallacy, logically or scientifically. Perhaps you could explain why.

*Note: I to believe that God created the Universe and everything in it, but I'm trying to stretch your logical thinking skills.

Upvote 0

random_guy

Senior Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
✟3,457.00
Faith
Christian
pastorkevin73 said:
This is what I don't get. TEs see the evidence one way and others see the evidence fit a different conclusion. Part of the problem is some people use an evolution lense to interprete the evidence while some use biblical lense to interprete the evidence.

I think you mean some people use science and the scientific method to evaluate evidence and other people use their personal Biblical lense to interpret the evidence. TEists tend to accept science so they tend to accept science's explanations for natural phenomenon.

Upvote 0

Marshall Janzen

Formerly known as Mercury
Jun 2, 2004
BC, Canada
Visit site
✟8,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
pastorkevin73 said:
I don't see how what I have said elevates God's creation about God. You have an interesting way of looking at it. I have not elivated God's creation above Him
I did not say you elevated creation above God. I said, "You appear to be elevating a portion of God's creation to an equal position with God, and then claiming that if that portion explains something, God is not involved." Evolution is either a part of creation or not a part of creation; it is not the Creator. As such, it is a false dichotomy to speak of whether humans and animals are the work of God or "the work of evolution". That is why I responded to your opening post. Now, perhaps I misunderstood your meaning (I used the word "appear" for a reason), and in that case I'm open to correction.

rather I am pointing to how amazing God's creation is thus glorifying Him because of his beautiful, wonderful and misterious work. Remember in Genesis 1 God looked at His creation and said that it is good.
On this we agree. The only difference is that I'd go a bit further and say that the parts of God's creation we do somewhat understand are also his beautiful, wonderful, good work. The discoveries we have made only enhance the grandeur of creation.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dannager said:
"God of the Gaps" is a type of fallacy used when a rational explanation for a phenomenon has not yet been ascertained. In the absence of an explanation, there are many who will claim that it is obviously God's work, despite the fact that inevitably someone will investigate the phenomenon and discover a rational explanation that, in accordance with Occam's razor, eliminates the need for a supernatural entity's involvement. Claiming that God created the universe 6,000 years ago is a "God of the Gaps" fallacy

The Bible does not teach God created the Universe 6000 years ago. The 6000 year theory, began with someone tracing back with the information given in the genealogies the Bible contains. The problem is this. Jesus was called the "son of David." Yet, David walked the earth hundreds of years before Jesus was born. They saw "begot" not as we do today.

There were because of this reason unnoticed gaps in the genealogies. Certain unimportant generations were skipped over. Experts in this area of study have seen the possbility that when Eve first gave birth, it may have been as far back as 30,000 years.

Even, so? That was not the time of the creation of the Universe.

Genesis 1 only tells us about this present creation, not of previous creations before this one.

Long before the theory of evolution challenged the world of theology there were Bible scholars who saw in Scripture passages that indicate previous creations on the face of the earth. Creations that God had destroyed and replaced with another newer creation. It multiple creation GAP theory (contrary to what YEC's claim) was not a theory created in attempt to counter Darwin's wild offspring. For, this aspect was seen by certain scholars who lived long before Darwin was ever born. Before evolution was ever heard of.

http://www.creationdays.dk/withoutformandvoid/1.html

The universe is very old. This planet is very old. But, this present creation that sits on the surface of this planet is relatively young.

God had created into this creation an element of adaptability in order to better survive. Some take this ability to indicate that prior creations were antescedent parents to this creation by means of evolution.

Just because God created the ability to adapt to some extent. These evolutionists assume that if given enough time, it has no limit. Argue over it? So be it.

Certain passages reveal that this (having replacement creations) has been and still is God's modus operandi in creation.

For?

If this is the latest creation to cover the face of the earth?

Then we are just another link in the list of creations.

For there is going to be one more new creation. One that will replace this one.

And, if some men in the future creation did not know what took place? Some could easily figure (after finding bones of this present creation) that the creatures in the future had evolved from this one.

Here is what I mean:

Isaiah 65 (New International Version)

17"Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind."

25The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
but dust will be the serpent's food.
They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,"
says the LORD."

In the time of that future creation? Scientist being ignorant of God's Word? If they dig up bones of a present day wolf? Of a present day lion? I can see why they might easily believe in evolution as they now do!

For they will be ignorant of knowing that God had in the past created other worlds. Worlds that served his purpose. And, then were destroyed. Only to be replaced by a newer creation.

Will they believe in evolution in the next creation?

The resurrected Church on earth at that time will not allow for such nonsense to take root in the minds of men. Today, is a different story. And, a different creation.

Grace and truth, GeneZ

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
pastorkevin73 said:
This is what I don't get. TEs see the evidence one way and others see the evidence fit a different conclusion. Part of the problem is some people use an evolution lense to interprete the evidence while some use biblical lense to interprete the evidence.

This is false. Those who claim to use a "biblical lens" are actually ignoring or suppressing a lot of evidence so that they do not have to accept the conclusions it points to.

No one uses an "evolution lens". They use basic scientific methods to come to logical, testable conclusions and then test these conclusions against reality to see if they are correct or not. If they are not, the conclusions are revised or discarded.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
gluadys said:
This is false. Those who claim to use a "biblical lens" are actually ignoring or suppressing a lot of evidence so that they do not have to accept the conclusions it points to.

Which Biblical lens do you speak of? Is there is only one kind? The lens I use not only accepts older creations, but also explains them.

No one uses an "evolution lens".

Yes you do. Its a bias that demands the data to be seen as only one possible way. Just as there is a Biblical lens, that skews the data to fit their desire. The lens I use does not skew the data.

They use basic scientific methods to come to logical, testable conclusions and then test these conclusions against reality to see if they are correct or not. If they are not, the conclusions are revised or discarded.

The scientific methods you use are theory based upon what can be observed. Yet, its a conclusion based upon hypothesis. Just because we can see a built in adaptive ability to mutate to a small extent, does not mean the original life form branched out into forming the millions of lifeforms we find today.

To tell you the truth? If the only alternative to answering this question were coming from the YEC's? I would most likely have become stronger leaning towards being evolutionistic. For I know they make no sense in their over all projection. Matter of fact. They irritate me with their denials of fact. Yet, they do serve a purpose in finding inconsistencies in what TOE's claim to be fact.

According to the Revised Edition of Chambers's Encyclopedia published in 1860, under the heading "Genesis" the view which was then being popularized by Buckland and others to the effect that an interval of unknown duration was to be interposed between Gen. 1. 1 and 1. 2 was already to be found in the Midrash. In his great work, The Legends of the Jews, Louis Ginsberg has put into continuous narrative a precis of their legends, as far as possible in the original phrases and terms. In Volume 1 which covers the period from the Creation to Jacob, he has this excerpt on Genesis 1:4

"Nor is this world inhabited by man the first of things earthly created by God. He made several other worlds before ours, but He destroyed them all, because He was pleased with none until He created ours."

The understanding that what we see when we wake up in the morning is not the first creation to ever grace the surface of this earth, has been understood by Bible scholars long before Darwin was born!

YEC's try to claim that the "GAP" theory was a more recent development, created in reaction to the threat of Darwinism. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is contained in Scripture. The fact that even first century Christian scholar was seeing this in his study reveals that no bias is motivating this concept as to counter evolution!

Origen, for example, who lived from 186 to about 254 A.D., and
to whom the original languages of the Bible were very familiar, has
this to say in his great work, De Principiis, at Gen. 1.1:

"It is certain that the present firmament is not spoken of
in this verse, nor the present dry land, but rather that heaven
and earth from which this present heaven and earth that we
now see afterwards borrowed their names."

In Christ, GeneZ

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
pastorkevin73 said:
Claiming that GOd created the universe is not a fallacy, God did create the universe. To say that God didn't create the universe is a fallacy, not matter what time frame it took to create.
First off, claiming that God created the universe is not automatically a God of the Gaps argument if there is evidence pointing to God creating the universe. Unfortunately, no such evidence exists. Second, how in the world is it a fallacy to say that God didn't create the universe? Do you even understand what logical fallacies are?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dannager said:
First off, claiming that God created the universe is not automatically a God of the Gaps argument if there is evidence pointing to God creating the universe. Unfortunately, no such evidence exists. Second, how in the world is it a fallacy to say that God didn't create the universe? Do you even understand what logical fallacies are?

Something might be amiss?

God himself is the one who bears witness in the hearts of men that he created the Universe.

Romans 1:18-21 (New International Version)
"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened."
Plain and simple? Those who deny God created the universe? They reject God. Not, that they are simply are being opened minded about the data.

Do not be surprised. Many do reject God. Yet, there is nothing wrong in questioning, either.

Questions open up avenues for greater understanding.

Questioning, is not rejection.

Grace and peace, GeneZ

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
genez said:
Long before the theory of evolution challenged the world of theology there were Bible scholars who saw in Scripture passages that indicate previous creations on the face of the earth. Creations that God had destroyed and replaced with another newer creation. It multiple creation GAP theory (contrary to what YEC's claim) was not a theory created in attempt to counter Darwin's wild offspring. For, this aspect was seen by certain scholars who lived long before Darwin was ever born. Before evolution was ever heard of.
Even if it true that the gap theroy came after Darwin, we know we are now living in a huge gap ourselves not reveal to the Jews in the Old testament; the church age.
So I have to agree here. The scripture clearly say "In the beginning God..." we got to be careful not to add more than what the scripture are saying.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Smidlee said:
Even if it true that the gap theroy came after Darwin, we know we are now living in a huge gap ourselves not reveal to the Jews in the Old testament; the church age.
So I have to agree here. The scripture clearly say "In the beginning God..." we got to be careful not to add more than what the scripture are saying.

Please? Would you kindly rephrase that? I think you meant to say, that the GAP theory came BEFORE Darwin. Correct? And? For what you said about Jews? I am not certain what you meant?

I like to have at least one cup of coffee before I post for the first time in a day. ;) God created coffee for a good reason. :amen:

I understand... Please reword what you wrote? :)

Grace and peace, GeneZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
genez said:
Which Biblical lens do you speak of? Is there is only one kind?

The one pastorkevin was referring to.

The lens I use not only accepts older creations, but also explains them.

Not in any way that agrees with the reality of God's creation.

Yes you do. Its a bias that demands the data to be seen as only one possible way.

Yes, in the one possible way that upon testing agrees with and explains observations of nature.

The lens I use does not skew the data.

Ok. Demonstrate that it makes testable predictions of what we find in nature and that the tests of your hypotheses provide results that agree with and explain observed evidence in nature.

The scientific methods you use are theory based upon what can be observed.

I should hope so. One can hardly explain what can be observed without making observations. This is what defines the emergence of modern science from medieval speculations which accepted whatever ancient authorities said without ever checking them against actual observations.

Yet, its a conclusion based upon hypothesis.

You mean it is a conclusion based upon tested hypotheses. Creationists always seem to forget that aspect of the scientific method.

Just because we can see a built in adaptive ability to mutate to a small extent, does not mean the original life form branched out into forming the millions of lifeforms we find today.

True. That is why the hypothesis of common descent had to be tested. It has been tested and is supported by the results of the testing. The hypothesis of common descent makes testable predictions of what we find in nature, and to date, none of those predictions have been falsified while many have been confirmed.

YEC's try to claim that the "GAP" theory was a more recent development, created in reaction to the threat of Darwinism. Nothing could be further from the truth.

A red herring. It doesn't matter whether gap theology is ancient or modern. It is still wrong.

It is contained in Scripture.

No it is not. No more than a literal 6-day creation is. It is one possible interpretation of scriptural content.

I agree that if we did not have God's creation itself to bear witness, there would be no way to judge the relative validity of young-earth, old-earth (with or without a gap), or non-literal interpretations. Nothing in scripture tells us whether to interpret Genesis 1 as a history or as a literary framework. Nor do the ancient commentators on scripture.

But creation itself provides us with the observations which show that no attempt to interpret Genesis 1 literally--not Day/Age, not Gap theology and certainly not YEC, accords with the facts of God's work.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
genez said:

God himself is the one who bears witness in the hearts of men that he created the Universe.

True, but that is not a scientific witness as it is neither observable nor testable.

There is no way to proceed logically or scientifically from the observation that the universe exists to the conclusion that it was created, much less by whom it was created.

That is why this bridge must be crossed by faith rather than by science.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
gluadys said:
Not in any way that agrees with the reality of God's creation.

Oh! Yessss, it does! (see! I can do just like you do.)

Yes, in the one possible way that upon testing agrees with and explains observations of nature.

You cnly can see what hints at what you call evolution. When dogs become cats? And when humans start producing new types of organs? Then you can have your say.

Until then? You theory is based upon observation of limited mutation. Cows do not become horses, and pigs do not become sheep. If evolution were true? That sort of mutation would have had to taken place in the past, in spades! One creature would be doomed to become its own predator!

Horses have lungs. Pigs have lungs. Man has lungs.

Horses have a liver. Pigs have a liver. Man has a liver.

Horses have eyes. Pigs have eyes. Man has eyes.

God did not design this? Or, it all just happened? Somehow?

Ok. Demonstrate that it makes testable predictions of what we find in nature and that the tests of your hypotheses provide results that agree with and explain observed evidence in nature.

Explain why we have millions of species on record, but not one record of a new type of creature having evolved to become drastically different from what it began with? The fact that horses have spleens, pigs do, too. And, so do men? That there must have been a common ancestor down the line that they all evolved from. Eyes, ears, nose, hearts, bowels, lungs, intestines, stomachs, teeth, mouths, etc. All in common. Yet, all different in exact design. Its too complex for them to have spontaneously formed originally, and kept pace in how they evolved.

I should hope so. One can hardly explain what can be observed without making observations.

Remember the story of the three blind men and the elephant? Observation is too limited at times to see the over all picture. The answer needs to come from an informed outside source. God is that source.

This is what defines the emergence of modern science from medieval speculations which accepted whatever ancient authorities said without ever checking them against actual observations.

The Word of God is also to be observed. Midieval authorities forbid that observation, as well. They wanted the power to make things up, and not to be questioned.

You mean it is a conclusion based upon tested hypotheses. Creationists always seem to forget that aspect of the scientific method.

How can evolution be tested? It may reveal a dog changing his hair color when moving to a new environment. So? You can not demonstrate how we got dogs, cows, and pigs. All have similar over all design of function. But, each was unique in how they were formed.

True. That is why the hypothesis of common descent had to be tested. It has been tested and is supported by the results of the testing.

A bird experiencing a beak change is hardly a way to explain how we now have millions of species and types.

The hypothesis of common descent makes testable predictions of what we find in nature, and to date, none of those predictions have been falsified while many have been confirmed.

God made creatures able to mutate to an extent. Why? It reveals his omniscience and forknowledge. He knew our every need before we were born.

Take a group of chameleons who are always found on green trees? One year there is a great fire and all the trees are now brown. The chameleon turns brown for the first time.

Evolution?

So it is when you observe so called mutation for survival. It (what you call mutation) was always there to change. Only the opportunity for the change had not yet taken place. God created that creature with that ability in mind. For he knows the future needs of that creature he designed.

Isaiah 65:24 niv
Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.

God knew every need you would ever have in Eternity past. He reveals this aspect of his nature in creation with what you call by the term, 'evolution.'

God created dogs, as dogs. Cats, as cats.... man, as man. What minor modifications by means of mutation took place over time, is not evidence of this creation having its ancestors found in the Cretaceous period. That was a creation all its own, in its own right.

Grace and peace, GeneZ

A red herring. It doesn't matter whether gap theology is ancient or modern. It is still wrong.

No it is not. No more than a literal 6-day creation is. It is one possible interpretation of scriptural content.

I agree that if we did not have God's creation itself to bear witness, there would be no way to judge the relative validity of young-earth, old-earth (with or without a gap), or non-literal interpretations. Nothing in scripture tells us whether to interpret Genesis 1 as a history or as a literary framework. Nor do the ancient commentators on scripture.

But creation itself provides us with the observations which show that no attempt to interpret Genesis 1 literally--not Day/Age, not Gap theology and certainly not YEC, accords with the facts of God's work.[/quote]

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
genez said:
You cnly can see what hints at what you call evolution. When dogs become cats? And when humans start producing new types of organs? Then you can have your say.

Until then? You theory is based upon observation of limited mutation. Cows do not become horses, and pigs do not become sheep. If evolution were true? That sort of mutation would have had to taken place in the past, in spades! One creature would be doomed to become its own predator!

Evolution doesn't predict any of this. You are fighting against a strawman.

Where (and how) does the theory of evolution predict that dogs will become cats or that humans willproduce new types of organs?

Where does evolution predict that we should see cows become horses or pigs become sheep due to some sort of massive mutation?

Putting forth fanciful strawmen doesn't support your argument against evolution. It just shows that you don't desire to actually discuss the theory in a credible way.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
Oh! Yessss, it does! (see! I can do just like you do.)

Sure, if all you want to do is play a child’s game of “yes it is!” “no it isn’t”. But if you challenge me to demonstrate that the reality of God’s creation conflicts with your theology, I can do that. Can you demonstrate otherwise?

You clearly demonstrate that you do not even know what evolution is. If you think evolution is dogs becoming cats or pigs becoming sheep, you have less understanding of evolution than a well-read 8 year old. In short, you are barking up the wrong tree with this sort of nonsense. This is not evolution. This is not reality.

Horses have lungs. Pigs have lungs. Man has lungs.

Horses have a liver. Pigs have a liver. Man has a liver.

Horses have eyes. Pigs have eyes. Man has eyes.

God did not design this? Or, it all just happened? Somehow?

Again, you show that you do not even know what evolution is. Evolution is not something just happening somehow. It is nature responding to the wisdom of God’s plan for life on this planet. Evolution does not exclude God or his wisdom. Of course, God designed this. Evolution is one of God’s instruments of design.

Explain why we have millions of species on record, but not one record of a new type of creature having evolved to become drastically different from what it began with?

Don’t evade. I asked you to demonstrate how your theology has led to testable hypothesis and what tests have been done to see if they accord with reality and explain our observations. Don’t throw the challenge back at me until you have met it yourself.

As for your question, we do not observe these things because this is not how evolution works. If you think this describes evolution, you have been mis-informed. You need to rid yourself of false ideas about evolution and learn to understand evolution correctly. Then you can come to some realistic conclusions about it.

Its too complex for them to have spontaneously formed originally, and kept pace in how they evolved.

Who says so? What evidence do they have that it is “too complex”? And who says these organs formed “spontaneously”? That does not describe evolution, so what are you talking about?

It really sounds as if you have made up a totally ridiculous process and called it evolution. Or someone sold you this bill of worthless goods and you were gullible enough to believe them without checking out whether or not it was the real thing.

Any evolutionist would disagree with the caricature you are calling evolution.

Remember the story of the three blind men and the elephant? Observation is too limited at times to see the over all picture.
That is why science is a communal enterprise: so that we don’t have to depend on the limited observational capacities of single individuals, but can compare and contrast and analyse hundreds of observations over time and from different perspectives and build up a wholistic picture of reality.

How can evolution be tested? It may reveal a dog changing his hair color when moving to a new environment. So? You can not demonstrate how we got dogs, cows, and pigs. All have similar over all design of function. But, each was unique in how they were formed.

We cannot test the caricature that you are calling evolution, because that is not what happens. But the real process of evolution has been tested and observed many times.

A bird experiencing a beak change is hardly a way to explain how we now have millions of species and types.
It is one of many tests. If it were the only one, it would not be sufficient—just as one brick is not sufficient to build a wall. But when it is one of many different tests that all yield the same results, then, like one brick among many, it contributes to building a wall.

God made creatures able to mutate to an extent.

That is all that is needed to make evolution possible.

God created dogs, as dogs. Cats, as cats.... man, as man.

That is not what the evidence shows.

What minor modifications by means of mutation took place over time, is not evidence of this creation having its ancestors found in the Cretaceous period. That was a creation all its own, in its own right.

So why did God make the post-Cretaceous creation looked like it consists of descendants of the Cretaceous creation?

If they were really separate creations, and God wanted us to know they were separate creations, it would make more sense for the separate creations to be distinctly different.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
notto said:
Evolution doesn't predict any of this. You are fighting against a strawman.

I am not. Not at all.

For? If we look at the diversity of creation today? And, of the creations of the past? At some point? Creatures had to become other creatures! That is, if God did not create them , as is.

Evolutionists are at a loss to explain the odds of this happening. So? They claim it is not of their concern. "It just happened somehow." And, that their only concern is with the evidence of there being a process. One which they can observe.

Problem with this strawman.

Its been given a brain.

One that thinks and questions. One that smells illogical fallacies that try to cover over what it wishes others not to see.

We can not have all the diversity today.... and have all the creatures sharing in multiple complex functions... (cows, dogs, mice, elephants, horses, sheep, panthers, tigers, fish, birds, etc.) all having complex hearts. Brians. Skin. Bones. Livers. Lungs. and, on, and on, the list goes with common "parts."

Yet? They all came about independently of one another? Without some complex common ancestor?

How? God had to create them as they are... minus a few mutations along the way.

If you can not answer? Then I see my "strawman" as being more like the burning strawman that will not be consumed by the flame.

Can't answer? Can you?

In Christ, GeneZ

Upvote 0

random_guy

Senior Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
✟3,457.00
Faith
Christian
genez said:
I am not. Not at all.

Actually, you are. Evolution doesn't state dogs change into a cat. Dogs and cats share a common ancestor. Similarly, birds descended from a group of dinosaurs called theropods. However, theropods didn't turn into modern day birds. There's a key difference. Like wise, evolution doesn't state that the heart just came about. All structures are built upon existing structures.

As for no evidence of evolution, perhaps you're not looking or perhaps you're just ignoring the evidence since there's thousands of journal articles that talk about evidence for evolution.

As for the rest of your post is gibberish. Why don't you pick one point and open a thread and we'll debate.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
gluadys said:
True, but that is not a scientific witness as it is neither observable nor testable.

Which was....

GeneZ said:

It is observable. To the one who is born again. He will know by observation by his aquired 'faith perception' who has rejected God's work in his heart.

As for the unbeliever? They have limited perceptive abilities , with walls and ceilings of darkness to lock them in.

There is no way to proceed logically or scientifically from the observation that the universe exists to the conclusion that it was created, much less by whom it was created.

So? If it can not be proven scientifically? You do not believe in miracles to be found in the Bible.

That is why this bridge must be crossed by faith rather than by science.

Then, you are admitting science has its short comings.
Good!

God created science. Science has not created God.

In Christ, GeneZ

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
random_guy said:
Actually, you are. Evolution doesn't state dogs change into a cat. Dogs and cats share a common ancestor. Similarly, birds descended from a group of dinosaurs called theropods.

And, Allah is the God of all?

Just because someone declares a theory to be fact, ex cathedra. Does not make it so.

You have no scientific means to verify that what you just stated is factual and truth. Its only conjecture.

However, theropods didn't turn into modern day birds. There's a key difference. Like wise, evolution doesn't state that the heart just came about. All structures are built upon existing structures.

^_^ And?

Those pre-existing structures, "just came about!?"

As for no evidence of evolution, perhaps you're not looking or perhaps you're just ignoring the evidence since there's thousands of journal articles that talk about evidence for evolution.

Random and small mutations? Yes.

Drastic changes into new types of creature (dogs becoming cats)? No.

After all? If everything came from a common ancestor? Not only were dogs becoming cats? But cats were becoming pigs! Illogic, anyone?

In the mean time? Evolutionists fold their arms, and want us to ignore the doubtful man hiding behind the curtain.

Instead, they want us diverted towards concentrating on a grand image of a wizard being projected on the screen.

They do not want us exploring and asking the wrong questions, about what had to be the source and foundation of what they claim is so.

11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good."

God created dogs, as dogs. Cats, as cats.

And, man?

...............................................As a free for all!

Grace and patience, GeneZ

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.