God not needed in Earth Formation

ChordatesLegacy

Jun 21, 2007
✟17,761.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not at all --- from Someone Who stopped its rotation, and even later, reversed its rotation?

AV; what you are saying is fine in the context of magical mysticism, because it allows anything that you can imagine to be true.

However in the context of science it is nothing but bull excrement.

We know how solar systems form by observing many at different points in their life cycles, i.e. the same way we know acorns grow into 200 foot high oak trees.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChordatesLegacy

Jun 21, 2007
✟17,761.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Mars was Earth like for a longer period of time

showImage.aspx

(NASA and the Hubble Heritage Team) :: According to many studies, runoff from precipitation ceased by the end of the Noachian Epoch, which spanned the first billion years of Martian history. But after studying HiRISE images of light-toned layered deposits on the plains surrounding Valles Marineris, Weitz and her co-authors concluded that equatorial regions may have remained wet for a much longer period.

LINK

Upvote 0

ChordatesLegacy

Jun 21, 2007
✟17,761.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Though scientists have yet to find alien life on distant exoplanets, much about those planets certainly seems alien — especially the weather.
Now researchers have developed a model that can explain some of the bizarre weather patterns seen on other worlds.
Because many exoplanets orbit so close in to their stars, scientists think they are often "tidally locked," or trapped in position with one side permanently facing the star's light and the other side in perpetual nighttime. Somehow, heat gets transported from the daytime to the nighttime side of the planets, though how this happens has not been understood.
The researchers found that fast-moving jet streams could carry warm air from the sunny side to the dark side of a planet. To account for the temperatures measured on planets such as HD 189733b, these streams would have to be speeding along at 7,000 mph (11,000 kph).
juptierx-large.jpg

LINK

Upvote 0

paug

Aug 11, 2008
Finland
✟7,969.00
Faith
Atheist
Though scientists have yet to find alien life on distant exoplanets, much about those planets certainly seems alien — especially the weather.
Now researchers have developed a model that can explain some of the bizarre weather patterns seen on other worlds.
Because many exoplanets orbit so close in to their stars, scientists think they are often "tidally locked," or trapped in position with one side permanently facing the star's light and the other side in perpetual nighttime. Somehow, heat gets transported from the daytime to the nighttime side of the planets, though how this happens has not been understood.
The researchers found that fast-moving jet streams could carry warm air from the sunny side to the dark side of a planet. To account for the temperatures measured on planets such as HD 189733b, these streams would have to be speeding along at 7,000 mph (11,000 kph)*.
*Can you imagine something moving at 11000 km/h? Me neither. Thus, the speed is impossible, and the theory falls flat on its face.

I took the liberty of bolding everything attesting to the crappiness of science. it is nothing but guesswork and pathetic speculation !!! Work on that. Your myth holds no water.

Upvote 0

ChordatesLegacy

Jun 21, 2007
✟17,761.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
*Can you imagine something moving at 11000 km/h? Me neither. Thus, the speed is impossible, and the theory falls flat on its face.

I took the liberty of bolding everything attesting to the crappiness of science. it is nothing but guesswork and pathetic speculation !!! Work on that. Your myth holds no water.

I was going to answer that, but I do believe you are being ironic.

Upvote 0

agentorange20

Oct 17, 2008
Visit site
✟7,771.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Exactly, with nothing to revolve around you have some explaining to how it got to revolve around the sun and on its axis. Let me guess, <insert miracle here> moment?

Well, a little nudge could have set it in motion, I'm sure.

A nudge from what, where, how, when, by what forces? specifics, details we need if we are to objectify this claim of 'a little nudge'.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Exactly, with nothing to revolve around you have some explaining to how it got to revolve around the sun and on its axis. Let me guess, <insert miracle here> moment?

A nudge from what, where, how, when, by what forces? specifics, details we need if we are to objectify this claim of 'a little nudge'.
QV my signature.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Absolutely not --- science says otherwise, and the Bible doesn't disagree.

But the Bible is pretty clear on geoprominence, isn't it? If we're to believe that the Earth is the most important object in God's infinite creation, why isn't it clearly centralized?

After all, science shows us that the Earth is a small pebble of a planet in the boondocks of one arm of one of several billion galaxies -- doesn't sound all that special to me.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But the Bible is pretty clear on geoprominence, isn't it?
WOW --- I aughta rep you for that one!
If we're to believe that the Earth is the most important object in God's infinite creation, why isn't it clearly centralized?
God put it right where it belongs.
After all, science shows us that the Earth is a small pebble of a planet in the boondocks of one arm of one of several billion galaxies -- doesn't sound all that special to me.
If the earth was at the center of the universe, the constellations would be different --- and we're not gonna go there, are we?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Through the magic of Imadeitup. Then newest product from the Ancient Hebrews Made it Up product line! Now only 19.95!
Is your tag line is getting in the way?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

agentorange20

Oct 17, 2008
Visit site
✟7,771.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
God put it right where it belongs.

By right where it belongs, do you mean in a galaxy headed for a one way collision with its larger andromeda galaxy? Some lazy and neglectful design there.

If the earth was at the center of the universe, the constellations would be different --- and we're not gonna go there, are we?

What the heck would that matter? After all if God can do it this way or hypothetically any possible way and make the constellations appear as they do now regardless of Earths location, what difference would it make in the abstract? This is a circular reasoning. In the end you'd still be up on your pedestal bemoaning the perfection of it all.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
WOW --- I aughta rep you for that one!

Perhaps you ought to -- but you won't.

God put it right where it belongs. If the earth was at the center of the universe, the constellations would be different --- and we're not gonna go there, are we?

And had God put the Earth at the center of the universe, how difficult would it have been for Him to move a few stars around accordingly?

Besides, the constellations are different -- different from what they were at the time of the Bible, anyway.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
By right where it belongs, do you mean in a galaxy headed for a one way collision with its larger andromeda galaxy? Some lazy and neglectful design there.
LOL --- God makes it clear how the earth is going to end, and believe me, Andromeda is not going to do it. You can file this under SCARE TACTICS --- along with everything else from Asteroid Collisions to Y2K.
What the heck would that matter? After all if God can do it this way or hypothetically any possible way and make the constellations appear as they do now regardless of Earths location, what difference would it make in the abstract? This is a circular reasoning. In the end you'd still be up on your pedestal bemoaning the perfection of it all.
I'll just assume He didn't check with you first, before He placed the rest of the universe around the earth.

Upvote 0