St. Louis, MO.
✟374,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
All spiders or just "The Spiders of the Purple Mage"?

Nope, not the spiders. The earth really belongs to these guys:

roach%20species.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Snowden

May 26, 2011
Chicago, IL
✟7,659.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There are about 400,000 identified species of beetles which make up about 25% of all known life-forms. It would seem that the Earth really was intended for beetles. J. B. S. Haldane (a British geneticist and evolutionary biologist) is credited as saying that the Creator, if He exists, has "an inordinate fondness for beetles".

In Haldane's 1949 book What is Life? The Layman's View of Nature, he writes:
The Creator would appear as endowed with a passion for stars, on the one hand, and for beetles on the other, for the simple reason that there are nearly 300,000 species of beetle known, and perhaps more, as compared with somewhat less than 9,000 species of birds and a little over 10,000 species of mammals. Beetles are actually more numerous than the species of any other insect order. That kind of thing is characteristic of nature.

Upvote 0

Jade Margery

Stranger in a strange land
Oct 29, 2008
✟19,915.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Aww c'mon, you can find a flyswatter. (What are those - tse tse?)

Dobson Flies. They can get as long as a grown man's hand, and are a good fifty times more terrifying in real life when they are flying at you with murder on their minds (and there is always murder on their minds. Always.) Native to where I live, but thankfully rare to encounter.

The one with the big pincers is the male and mostly harmless. The female is on the right and can give a really nasty bite.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dobson Flies.

Named after James C Dobson of Focus on the Family, no doubt ;)

They can get as long as a grown man's hand, and are a good fifty times more terrifying in real life when they are flying at you with murder on their minds (and there is always murder on their minds. Always.) Native to where I live, but thankfully rare to encounter.

The one with the big pincers is the male and mostly harmless. The female is on the right and can give a really nasty bite.

I will let this open invitation for a sexist joke slide. You say you are in a strange land, I guess you're not joking! The Land of The Lost, or Australia? I guess exterminator is a manly man's job there, huh?

Upvote 0

Jade Margery

Stranger in a strange land
Oct 29, 2008
✟19,915.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Named after James C Dobson of Focus on the Family, no doubt ;)

I will let this open invitation for a sexist joke slide. You say you are in a strange land, I guess you're not joking! The Land of The Lost, or Australia? I guess exterminator is a manly man's job there, huh?

...Ohio.

Upvote 0

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Expiration dates run backwards, ruins make nests, and every folly creates riches for the most blessed of God's creatures.
Man, would ya look at that. It's almost like you can interpret a religious message to suit any agenda....but that's just silly, right guys? Right?!

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Man, would ya look at that. It's almost like you can interpret a religious message to suit any agenda....but that's just silly, right guys? Right?!

Nah, Ernst just posts when he's drunk ^_^ The gag was better when his avatar pic was a vulture (Now he needs to make one of T-Rex as scavenger)

Upvote 0