May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do non-Jewish Messianic Christian Pastors and their non-Jewish congregations (like this AG example) that honor the 7th Day Sabbath, the Ten Commandments, and the Feasts of the Lord still represent a type/kind of Two House Theology? In comparison Messianic Judaism congregations that are predominantly Jewish honor as many of the 613 commandments as possible (kosher). If this AG pastor and members of his congregation don't refrain from eating pork products (non-kosher), men don't wear a four-cornered prayer shawl with tzitzit, etc would that represent a type/kind of Two House Theology? In other words what is considered Torah Observant to a Messianic Christian congregation is not considered Torah Observant to Messianic Judaism. If not a type/kind of Two House Theology what would you call this disparity? Could the same be said of Messianic Muslims in comparison to Messianic Jews?

The following is an article referenced in the above "natsab.com" link ...

"One of the large theological stumbling blocks in Hebrew roots and Messianic circles today is a doctrinal position termed ‘Two House theology.’ It is a topic I have covered on this blog before, but recent conversation has led me to understand that we need to go over it again. I firmly believe that Scripture, and especially prophecy, cannot be rightly understood until one fully grasps and embraces the Two House position."

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Do non-Jewish Messianic Christian Pastors and their non-Jewish congregations (like this AG example) that honor the 7th Day Sabbath, the Ten Commandments, and the Feasts of the Lord still represent a type/kind of Two House Theology? In comparison Messianic Judaism congregations that are predominantly Jewish honor as many of the 613 commandments as possible (kosher). If this AG pastor and members of his congregation don't refrain from eating pork products (non-kosher), men don't wear a four-cornered prayer shawl with tzitzit, etc would that represent a type/kind of Two House Theology? In other words what is considered Torah Observant to a Messianic Christian congregation is not considered Torah Observant to Messianic Judaism. If not a type/kind of Two House Theology what would you call this disparity? Could the same be said of Messianic Muslims in comparison to Messianic Jews?

The following is an article referenced in the above "natsab.com" link ...

"One of the large theological stumbling blocks in Hebrew roots and Messianic circles today is a doctrinal position termed ‘Two House theology.’ It is a topic I have covered on this blog before, but recent conversation has led me to understand that we need to go over it again. I firmly believe that Scripture, and especially prophecy, cannot be rightly understood until one fully grasps and embraces the Two House position."

How much copycat is necessary?
I was just pointing to baby steps in the right direction.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
How much copycat is necessary?
Agreed! According to Yeshua not any when done just to be a "copycat" to comply with man-made religious traditions. Assuming that was the intent of your use of "copycat" as referring to man-made religious traditions that were never commanded by GOD.

My post was as much in response to the Title of your Thread
God is moving upon His people who are not of this tribe
The following are three excerpts from an article referenced in the natsab.com link that you posted ...

"WAIT A MINUTE!!!! If non-Jewish believers are never called “Ephraim” in scripture, why do Paul, Peter, and James refer to the prophecies of Hosea and Amos about Ephraim’s redemption in the context of non-Jewish people coming to faith in Yeshua?"

"BINGO!!! The Apostles had this figured out, they just didn’t realize that our exile had 2000 more years to go! As Al asserts, the Apostolic assumption was that the Gentiles were/are the fulfillment of Ephramite redemption as prophesied by multiple prophets."

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hebrews 7:12-14 (KJV)
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
13 For He of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

Hebrews 7:12-14 (CJB)
12 For if the system of cohanim is transformed, there must of necessity occur a transformation of Torah.
13 The One about whom these things are said belongs to another tribe, from which no one has ever served at the altar;
14 for everyone knows that our Lord arose out of Y’hudah, and that Moshe said nothing about this tribe when he spoke about cohanim.

(by "this tribe" do you mean the Jewish tribe of Messianic Judaism)​

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Agreed! According to Yeshua not any when done just to be a "copycat" to comply with man-made religious traditions. Assuming that was the intent of your use of "copycat" as referring to man-made religious traditions that were never commanded by GOD.

My post was as much in response to the Title of your Thread
The following are three excerpts from an article referenced in the natsab.com link that you posted ...

"WAIT A MINUTE!!!! If non-Jewish believers are never called “Ephraim” in scripture, why do Paul, Peter, and James refer to the prophecies of Hosea and Amos about Ephraim’s redemption in the context of non-Jewish people coming to faith in Yeshua?"

"BINGO!!! The Apostles had this figured out, they just didn’t realize that our exile had 2000 more years to go! As Al asserts, the Apostolic assumption was that the Gentiles were/are the fulfillment of Ephramite redemption as prophesied by multiple prophets."

Amen.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution