God is Love?

nb408

Mar 20, 2013
✟25,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is love or he's the author of love? If he's the author of love why do we need to love in order to know him? If he is love, then we know him by remaining in love because he is love. Is that God's expression of saying I'm always at the door knocking and waiting to come in. Perhaps it's love that's always knocking? You either choose to love or not to love?

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
God is love in the sense that He is the source of all True love. You can not love, in a Godly way, apart from God. He must put His love into your heart before you can love Him or anything else in the way He commands. God ALWAYS comes first, and then His fruits. The primary fruit is love.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God is love or he's the author of love? If he's the author of love why do we need to love in order to know him? If he is love, then we know him by remaining in love because he is love. Is that God's expression of saying I'm always at the door knocking and waiting to come in. Perhaps it's love that's always knocking? You either choose to love or not to love?

If God is the author of love, then God Himself is not love.
If God is not love, then what IS God?

If God is not love, then who or what IS love?
Is a flower love? Is a mother love? Is a hot meal love?
No. Nothing else IS love.

Can you say you ARE love? or you ARE courage? You can't. Nobody can.
So, saying "God IS love" is kind of a very proper description.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are four different kinds of love in the Greek language. God's love is Agape. He shows us His love is a sacrificial love. He so loved the world that HE GAVE His only begotten Son. Because of the Joy set before Him Jesus sacrificed Himself on the cross. The Bridegroom for the Bride. His love is a sacrificial love. God puts His Divine Love in us when we are born again. The fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. So we are fruit inspectors to see who has God's love in them. If a tree does not bear fruit then it is only good for the fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_words_for_love

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I like the idea in the context of the forum (_) as of now.

However, my contribution is simply that in the context of love and evolution, there is no connection not specified as give more time, or requalify a future prayer as necessary given the difficulty of either forgone _ forgotten _ _ or missing forgetting (when only the game that it would have begun with - at minimum (****)).

Simply put it is hard to love anything called evolution not also compounding either the song called hardest (but not _*), without also being told, further also find a way to shorten the path for us to profit from that or prophecy (as believed - "correct for harder") or write as necessary (that testimony may further true the truer, as understood will yet more be believed).

All deletions assumed paid (by God )

Upvote 0