God is a promise keeper. Do you believe in Him?

Cute Peonies

I love flowers irl
Jun 21, 2021
Antananarivo
✟48,400.00
Country
Madagascar
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 3: 7-8
So, as the Holy Spirit says:
“Today, if you hear his voice,
8 do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion,
during the time of testing in the wilderness,

Hebrews 3:15
As has just been said:
“Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion.”

I’m back with my devotionals yay

I’ll skip the usual “context introduction” since we don’t really know who wrote the book of Hebrews.
So here’s my takeaway from Hebrews 3, hope it helps.

God sees you, your actions, your behaviour, the way you handle things. The question is: Do you believe in Him, do you trust Him fully or are you complaining? Do you believe in what he said He will do?

The Israelites saw the miracles God performed when they were in the wilderness but still doubted Him. They were so impatient and went as far as worshipping that golden calf. (Exodus 32)

They spent their time complaining to the point of asking Moses and Aaron to choose a leader to go back to Egypt. That’s why that generation literally perished as we can see in Hebrews 3:11

God led you to read this devotional today to remind you that He’s a promise keeper, He wants the best for you. He doesn’t speak in vain. You will never reach the promised land if you’re doubting God’s ability to bring you there. (Hebrews 3:19)

God called us to believe and have faith in Him. So if you heard God’s voice today, or yesterday, or even a few years ago then please keep believing.

I’m also writing this for myself because walking by faith and not by sight can be challenging but we serve a good God, a loving Father. Stay strong gorgeous people <3

Take care xo