Dec 3, 2009
This Side of Heaven
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Deuteronomy 8:18
18“And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
The idea that poverty is holy and wealth a curse never came from God. It came from the devil who wants you poor. He robs and steals from you(John 10:10), and even wants you to have a poverty mentality to keep you poor! God, however, wants you to prosper. And He does it by giving you the power to get wealth.

Having this power means that if you are a businessman, you will find yourself full of innovative ideas that will bring in huge profits for your company. Even as a salaried worker, you will find yourself promoted quickly because your organization values your contributions highly.

God wants to prosper you like how He prospered Abraham — in all things(Genesis 24:1) — so that He can fulfill the covenant He made with Abraham. God gave Abraham the power to get wealth, and he became rich in “flocks and herds, silver and gold, male and female servants, and camels and donkeys”. (Genesis 24:35) His son, Isaac, inherited his possessions and was also empowered by God to get wealth, so he became “very prosperous”. (Genesis 26:13) God also gave Abraham’s grandson, Jacob, the power to get wealth, and he grew “exceedingly prosperous”. (Genesis 30:43)

God’s promise that Abraham and his seed would possess the earth or be heirs of the world was not based on obedience to the law, but on the righteousness of faith. (Romans 4:13) And because you are in Christ and righteous by faith, you are Abraham’s seed and an heir of the world according to the promise. (Galatians 3:29) Are heirs of the world poor? Of course not!

My friend, God wants you to be prosperous, not just inwardly but outwardly too. (3 John 1:2) So today, even if you don’t have a cent in your pocket, remember the Lord your God. It is He who gives you the power to get wealth, so that He may establish His covenant with Abraham!

DrFrank

May 20, 2010
✟494.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
The message above reads like a sermon delivered by a minister trying to deceive wealthy members of his congregation.Fortunately for God's sake,Jesus has already determined what He will do with these merchants of apostasy:

Matthew 7:22-24 (New King James Version)

22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

The only wealth Jesus ever showed any interest in was the richness of spirituality.The Bible shows that Jesus REPEATEDLY AND CONSISTENTLY condemned the rich and threatened to send them to hell:

Luke 18:25 (New King James Version)

25 For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Jesus did teach the rich how to obtain salvation but it is almost never mentioned or even hinted at by snake oil ministers who try to court the rich,almost always for the purpose of eventually lining their own pockets.

Here is the Christian teaching for wealthy individuals::

Mark 10:17-23 (New King James Version)

Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler

17 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”
18 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. 19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Do not defraud,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’”
20 And he answered and said to Him, “Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth.”
21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, SELL WHATEVER YOU HAVE AND GIVE TO THE POOR and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.”
22 But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
23 Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!”

Not really a church teaching in the last days is it? :o

Upvote 0

SuzanneM52

Jun 17, 2010
✟15,202.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm still a new baby in Christ so I cant quote scripture yet, but it DOES seem to me, that when God promiced Abraham and his descendants wealth, it was to to glorify Him and to bring about his promices. I have the feeling that miracles are given for the same reason. Tho I DO NOT believe that if I ask, God will cause me to win the lottery, I do know that He provides for all of our needs and we will never go around as beggars. :clap:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trusting in riches is not good

Psalm 49:6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches

Mark 10:24 Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

Luke 8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

Twicedead "without fruit" (no fruit unto perfection)

1Tit 5:6 But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.

Prov 11:28 He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.

Though here...

James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

2Titus 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears

Solomon never asked amiss

2Cr 1:1-2 God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

As Solomon did but...

Psalm 62:10... IF riches increase, set not your heart upon them.

As Solomon did not and...

1Titus 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy

But...

1John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

As Jesus did not

Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Which speaks to this...

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the devil (trying to appeal to his lust) ...

Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

His reponse...

Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Why? Because when lust is concieved it bringeth forth sin so....

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Jesus didnt, but these did

1Cr 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

Still dealing with this problem here....

James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

Luke 12:15 Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

Man's life is his eternal life not what is here and now.

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I guess the poor Christians just don't have enough faith. Shame on them!

James 2:5 Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

Why are they rich in faith? Because they know their Father loves them and provides all their needs and then some so that they can provide others in need. They know that everything comes from HIM and it is not anything that they've obtained by the works of thier own hands.

Luke 21:3-4 "I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess the poor Christians just don't have enough faith. Shame on them!

As it says here

2Cr 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

answering in...

Prov 13:7 There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.

A mans life not consisting of the abundance of his possessions

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James 2:5 Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

Why are they rich in faith? Because they know their Father loves them and provides all their needs and then some so that they can provide others in need. They know that everything comes from HIM and it is not anything that they've obtained by the works of thier own hands.

Luke 21:3-4 "I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

Can sorta see the same here too...

Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) ...

2Cr 8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Can sorta see the same here too...

Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) ...

2Cr 8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.

:thumbsup:

True freedom is giving up what this life has to offer, which is a hinderence in "keeping up with the jones'" and the rest of this worldly selfish pride. It offers us freedom to GROW in CHRIST JESUS and become RICH toward GOD. Because when our hearts are toward GOD and not toward this world, it makes it much easier to GROW in HIM because our devotions are not divided.

Luke 12:20-21 "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?' "This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."

Matthew 6:24-33 "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

We are asked by Jesus to make a choice. THIS WORLD or HIM. IF we have faith and trust that GOD will provide, HE WILL.

Luke 18:7-8 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

GOD BLESS!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Barefooter

Barefooter
Nov 14, 2009
✟7,733.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We have to remember during old testament times God did bless the righteous. But today we are to bring the gospel to the poor, not to make them rich, but bring salvation. I have a qoute on my fridge, it's not a verse, but I like it. "We would not long for heaven if earth held only joy".

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:thumbsup:

True freedom is giving up what this life has to offer, which is a hinderence in "keeping up with the jones'" and the rest of this worldly selfish pride. It offers us freedom to GROW in CHRIST JESUS and become RICH toward GOD. Because when our hearts are toward GOD and not toward this world, it makes it much easier to GROW in HIM because our devotions are not divided.

Luke 12:20-21 "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?' "This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."

Matthew 6:24-33 "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

We are asked by Jesus to make a choice. THIS WORLD or HIM. IF we have faith and trust that GOD will provide, HE WILL.

Luke 18:7-8 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

GOD BLESS!

Amen, faith works by love:thumbsup:

Prov 19:17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

Luke 14:13 Butwhen thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind:And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

Duet 15:7 If there be among you a poor man of one of thy brethren within any of thy gates in thy land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not harden thine heart, nor shut thine hand from thy poor brother:

1John 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

Duet 7:8 But thou shalt open thine hand wide unto him, and shalt surely lend him sufficient for his need, in that which he wanteth.

2Cr 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

We are created in Christ unto good works:thumbsup:

James 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Duet 15:10 Thou shalt surely give him, and thine heart shall not be grieved when thou givest unto him: because that for this thing the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto.

James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

As Jesus says...

Mat 26:11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

As Duet says...

Duet 15:11 For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.

Jerm 22:16 He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well with him: was not this to know me? saith the LORD.

1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Again...

1John 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

God bless you too :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Apr 10, 2010
✟7,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy 8:18
18“And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
The idea that poverty is holy and wealth a curse never came from God. It came from the devil who wants you poor. He robs and steals from you(John 10:10), and even wants you to have a poverty mentality to keep you poor! God, however, wants you to prosper. And He does it by giving you the power to get wealth.

Having this power means that if you are a businessman, you will find yourself full of innovative ideas that will bring in huge profits for your company. Even as a salaried worker, you will find yourself promoted quickly because your organization values your contributions highly.

God wants to prosper you like how He prospered Abraham — in all things(Genesis 24:1) — so that He can fulfill the covenant He made with Abraham. God gave Abraham the power to get wealth, and he became rich in “flocks and herds, silver and gold, male and female servants, and camels and donkeys”. (Genesis 24:35) His son, Isaac, inherited his possessions and was also empowered by God to get wealth, so he became “very prosperous”. (Genesis 26:13) God also gave Abraham’s grandson, Jacob, the power to get wealth, and he grew “exceedingly prosperous”. (Genesis 30:43)

God’s promise that Abraham and his seed would possess the earth or be heirs of the world was not based on obedience to the law, but on the righteousness of faith. (Romans 4:13) And because you are in Christ and righteous by faith, you are Abraham’s seed and an heir of the world according to the promise. (Galatians 3:29) Are heirs of the world poor? Of course not!

My friend, God wants you to be prosperous, not just inwardly but outwardly too. (3 John 1:2) So today, even if you don’t have a cent in your pocket, remember the Lord your God. It is He who gives you the power to get wealth, so that He may establish His covenant with Abraham!

Amen! Praise Jesus! :cool:

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It' pitiful to see Christians poor because Satan has deceived them and stolen their blessings from God. It is not sin to be financially wealthy. It is sin to deny God's promises of prosperity.

Luke 6:38 (NKJV)
38Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Uyo

Jun 23, 2010
✟7,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Although I believe God will make you prosperous and abound in riches and possessions, I also believe that Jesus gives us perfectly clear instructions what to do with this wealth ... give it all away.

But I also think that he does not wish for us to squander the wealth and prosperity he can give to us.
If it be deemed right, you will prosper in many ways. And if one of those ways includes the accruence of much wealth and riches, use it well.
Keep a fair and righteous sum for yourself for even a worker of the field deserves his pay and his rest, and use the rest to demonstrate to the world gods glorious abundance. Seek His guidance on how best to use your wealth for His will and His works.

He wants you to prosper, he doesn't want you to love the worldly gifts he gives you.

As an example of how he makes us prosper and maybe an example in the life of St Brigid of Kildare, of how he wishes us to use that wealth, maybe.

At the end of the day, if you seek his direct guidance and follow his callings, he will tell you exactly how best to use your prosperity for the furtherance of His will and all of mankind shall be the better for it.

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although I believe God will make you prosperous and abound in riches and possessions, I also believe that Jesus gives us perfectly clear instructions what to do with this wealth ... give it all away.

But I also think that he does not wish for us to squander the wealth and prosperity he can give to us.
If it be deemed right, you will prosper in many ways. And if one of those ways includes the accruence of much wealth and riches, use it well.
Keep a fair and righteous sum for yourself for even a worker of the field deserves his pay and his rest, and use the rest to demonstrate to the world gods glorious abundance. Seek His guidance on how best to use your wealth for His will and His works.

He wants you to prosper, he doesn't want you to love the worldly gifts he gives you.

As an example of how he makes us prosper and maybe an example in the life of St Brigid of Kildare, of how he wishes us to use that wealth, maybe.

At the end of the day, if you seek his direct guidance and follow his callings, he will tell you exactly how best to use your prosperity for the furtherance of His will and all of mankind shall be the better for it.
He wants you to give ALL of your money away? Nah. There's nothing whatsoever wrong with having money, even LOTS of it.

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It' pitiful to see Christians poor because Satan has deceived them and stolen their blessings from God. It is not sin to be financially wealthy. It is sin to deny God's promises of prosperity.

Luke 6:38 (NKJV)
38Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."

Luke 6:35-38 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

If read in context one will note that Jesus is not speaking of financial gain, there is more to it than monitary value, it is of spiritual value to do good even to your enemies.

It is sin not to be content with what HE provided's you with and to not share with all of what HE has blessed you with.

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
1 Timothy 6:3-6 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

But godliness with contentment is great gain.

I can't count how many times I've heard the words and accusations toward those who obey the sound instruction of Christ Jesus in these wealth threads that pop up now and then.

Poor, pitiful, sinfull people who listen to and do those things Christ Jesus teaches ... instead of going after the things of this world and being boastfull of what they have. Satan has robbed them of truth and integrity in the WORD of GOD for they do not see greed as a desireable thing. Tis truly a shame. (Being a bit sarcastic to bring about a thought of truth)

Upvote 0