DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What do you guys think about this development?

"America today begins to turn back to God," he told the crowd, which covered the upper steps of the Lincoln Memorial, as well as a large area around the speakers' stage.
"I have just gotten word from the media that there are over 1,000 people here today," Beck said sarcastically.
"We are humbled that you are here," he said. "The reflecting pool holds about 200,000 people. This field back here holds about 250- to 300,000 people. They are not only full here, they're full in that field, they're full behind me, and they are now across the street approaching the Washington Monument."
In a speech Friday night, Beck said he feels like "God dropped a giant sandbag on my head. My role is to wake America up onto the backsliding of principles and values most importantly of God. We are a country of God."
Tea Party activists from across the country are attending the event. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, a Fox News contributor, spoke to the crowd just after 10:30 a.m.

Glenn Beck stresses faith in rally on anniversary of King's speech - CNN.com

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just wish Beck would stick to politics and stay out of religion. If he wants to promote values that is fine but he is not called of God to preach, as evidenced by his lack of the Gospel and the way he seeks to make faith in God rather than in Christ alone the main point. He tries to point folks to god but he really doesn't care what god. He sometimes gets his history wrong as well. He promotes Lincoln as a hero of truth but if he actually studied it the very intrusive overreaching government he hates started with Lincoln.

Reactions: Nilloc
Upvote 0
Jan 18, 2009
America
✟10,055.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
America cannot 'go back' to Christian morals without a firm grasp on the Gospel. Glenn Beck only talks of principles and values, and uses the vague term "God" that so many other religious people like using in the media, but not the Gospel of Jesus Christ our Lord in particular.

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Whatever guys, he's still doing more than any of us....

You don't have to be called to preach, to be able to know what's right.

If he didn't mention God at all, and just stuck to politics he wouldn't get your attention.

Divison and the pointing of fingers is why we are in the state we are in. Get over your own religious politics and DO somthing or stick to it and reap the rewards.

At least he's doing somthing.
And what makes you think that we aren't doing something? What exactly do you think it is we ought to be doing? He has a platform and is able to reach a whole bunch of people for sure. He gained his following by talking about politics and he should stick to it. He has actually lost a whole lot of credibility now that he is so focused on religious things. If he is going to talk religion he had better get it right. He had the attention of millions before he started on his religious kick.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,357.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I just wish Beck would stick to politics and stay out of religion.

Yah, but he's right on about politics. My concern is that he will have a Mormon influence over Christians because he uses hijacked Christian terms.

For the record, not all the founders of the US were Christian...

He's fairly Libertarian tho.

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The division throughout christianity and the priviate interests of the individuals within are more apparent that in our governing body.

Glen Beck can reach millions of people......we are millions of people.

Who could do more?

What are you doing?

for the betterment of this country? or the world? or humanity?
I am doing what Glenn Beck isn't doing. I am preaching the Gospel of the free and sovereign grace of God in Christ alone to all who will hear me. I have given myself to that task. You might change a persons morals with things like Beck is doing but you have done his soul no good. Actually you have done his soul more harm than good because you have pointed him to his goodness and not to Christ. I love to talk politics with folks but this world and it politics are destined to burn soon. It is only temporary. The things which are eternal are of vital importance. I will not trifel with the souls of men/women by pointing them to a moral phlosophy but to the only hope of sinners.

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
perhaps it's all destined to burn because we don't/won't do anything about the beast after we created it and fead it and nourished it and let it loose on the world?
No it is destined to burn, not just this country but the whole world, because God said it is.

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I still think it's irresponsible and frankly kinda dumb to just let it all go south without a fight.
Don't disparage the South. I am a Southerner and I love the South. ;)

Now that was kind of dumb. But in all seriousness you make some pretty big assumptions. I forget who it was who said that in order for evil to triumph all it takes is for good men to do nothing. But perhaps what is happening in this country is being used of God to wake some folks up. I have been around a while and also am somewhat of an amatuer history buff so I have seen firsthand and studied how the situation has come to where it has. I have never seen a movement so strong in this country in my lifetime as it is now. Well I guess I should qualify that statement. The 60's were pretty radical. Perhaps the sleeping giant is awakening? But like all of history the pendulam swings to the extreme both ways pretty regularly.

Who says anything to do with the state of the world today has anything to do with the end times ..... could be we're all so ready for the end times that we fufill the prophesy all by ourselves....simply by doing nothing.
God will do whatever He has purposed to do using us to do it. That isn't fatalism it is simple truth. What you are talking about would mean that God isn't in control and if that is the case we are all doomed.

Upvote 0

Auburn88

Aug 26, 2010
✟820.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When Beck talks about politics and pop-culture, we agree on everything so closely that it's like I'm looking into a mirror.

But when he starts talking about religion, I hit the fast forward button as fast as I can.

Beck says that we need to "get back to god". But which god? After all, Mormonism has countless numbers of gods. If he means the God of the Bible, then why? Why not the god of the Bible's God (whoever Mormonism considers that to be)?

And when he says that he wants us to return to the religion of our founders, I wonder if he's stopped to consider that Mormonism didn't exist then and that the Founders and those who believed like them are precisely the people that Joseph Smith (whom Beck, as a faithful Mormon, is bound to honor) declared were corrupt without any hope of redemption?

His politics are fine but he's currently mixing in Mormon beliefs to his show.

That part, I cannot condone or participate in, in any way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Auburn88

Aug 26, 2010
✟820.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I can't stand anything about Beck at all. He is absolutely horrible. I laugh at the way John Stewart continually shows his foolishness, falsehoods, mistakes and other trash.

You mean like the way that Stewart pointed out that NewsCorp, which owns FOX gave money to the RNC, as if it were some kind of scandal, but never bothered to point out that Viacom, which owns Comedy Central and produces the Daily Show, gave money to the DNC?

Reactions: Nilloc and JM
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,357.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
You mean like the way that Stewart pointed out that NewsCorp, which owns FOX gave money to the RNC, as if it were some kind of scandal, but never bothered to point out that Viacom, which owns Comedy Central and produces the Daily Show, gave money to the DNC?

:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BereanTodd

Missionary Heart
Nov 26, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟11,542.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So basically your defense of the likes of Hannity and O'Reilly who repeatedly use doctored videos among many other crimes, or even worse Glen Beck who is a liar, hypocrite, manipulator, and all around idiot is "I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you"? Very mature and sound reasoning I must say ;)

Upvote 0

Auburn88

Aug 26, 2010
✟820.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So basically your defense of the likes of Hannity and O'Reilly who repeatedly use doctored videos among many other crimes, or even worse Glen Beck who is a liar, hypocrite, manipulator, and all around idiot is "I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you"? Very mature and sound reasoning I must say ;)

First of all, just let me say how ironic I find it that you're calling me "immature" and accusing me of not using sound reasoning when you've falsely accused me of making an argument that I never made and that, as far as I know, nobody even brought up.

Second, if you're going to call somebody "immature", do you really think that calling somebody names is the best way to establish the moral high ground for yourself?

Third, I don't even listen to Hannity (can't stand him) or O'Reilly (don't have a TV), so stop accusing me of defending them, particularly when my post had absolutely nothing to do with either one of them.

Reactions: Nilloc
Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I just wish Beck would stick to politics and stay out of religion. If he wants to promote values that is fine but he is not called of God to preach, as evidenced by his lack of the Gospel and the way he seeks to make faith in God rather than in Christ alone the main point. He tries to point folks to god but he really doesn't care what god. He sometimes gets his history wrong as well. He promotes Lincoln as a hero of truth but if he actually studied it the very intrusive overreaching government he hates started with Lincoln.
In light of the bolded, it should be noted that Beck is a Mormon. That would then explain the reason for the bolded portion. :D

Upvote 0