1. Saying Goodbye to a Great Staffer: Edial
    Please help me wish Edial a wonderful blessed journey as he steps down from CF staff.
    His footprint on our ministry will always remain but his presence will be greatly missed. I'm sure he will come around as a member to all his favorite forums but for now please join me at his profile page to wish him many thanks for the years of service he has brought to us all.
    All of us on CF staff will miss him dearly!!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glasses in oatmeal boxes

Discussion in 'General Hobbies and Interests' started by Jody7818, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Jody7818

Jody7818 Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Does anyone remember the green glasses that came inside a box of oatmeal back in the 70s? (I think it was the 70s) Anyways, I have 8 or them. Does anyone know the price value of these?

2. TheRedFox

TheRedFox Sean Hannity Fan

Marital Status:
    Engaged
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Presbyterian
    I just checked both eBay and Google, and I have had no luck. Hm.

<3 Fox

3. Ms.Garnet

Ms.Garnet New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Hi, I know exactly which glasses you are talking about! My sister may even have some too. She collects pressed glass. She is out of town for the next 3 or 4 days, but I will email her & ask if she can look in some of her glass collecting books & find them in there. What size do you have? They came in different sizes & I think there were cups & saucers too. I used to have a saucer but probably have lost it over time. I put stuff up & forget about it! If no one else has the info for you before I get back to you I will post as soon as I hear from my sister.

4. TheRedFox

TheRedFox Sean Hannity Fan

Marital Status:
    Engaged
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Presbyterian
    Ohh; I was looking for literal "glasses." :doh:

<3

5. Ms.Garnet

Ms.Garnet New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    I still haven't gotten to hear from my sister. I did speak to a lady at work & she said they are valuable. She has someone who collects them. Our conversation got cut short so I will ask her again next week .

6. AveMaria

AveMaria Anglo-Catholic Tat Queen

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Anglican
    I've no idea what the price value is, but I have one that my grandmother kept and used, and I love using it, it reminds me of her. (She passed away about 12 yrs ago).

7. Ms.Garnet

Ms.Garnet New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Don't give up on me just yet. I have spoken to my sister & she is supposed to bring her books to me to look up your green glassware. Maybe she will this week. I'm sorry I haven't been able to find out any faster. I do know that any green glass from that era is very worthwhile to collect.

8. saddleup4jesus

saddleup4jesus New Member

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Christian
    What a cool collectable. I don't recall these at all.

9. ctay

ctay What a wonderful day the Lord has made

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Lutheran
    It would be neat if they would do stuff like this again. it seems like anything they offer in like cracker jacks, cereal etc, is cheap stuff now, not like it used to be.

10. Jody7818

Jody7818 Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    It would be cool if they did that, but I guess with all of the problems that happen now with people suing the food manufacturers (which is truly a shame), someone would probably claim that they accidently choked on the collectible cup. :)

11. Sweetspirit

Sweetspirit Save us O Son of God

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    I agree. There are way too many frivolous lawsuits nowadays. Even the Bible says to not sue your brother/sister. Not sure if that includes corporations, or not. :D Probably.

12. Ritz

Ritz Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Widow/Widower
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I only have one left and it was Quaker Oats.