Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now, let's imagine the 'traditional' roles are reversed. Usually(not always. I know there are exceptions) a guy will ask you on a date, and have something planned. Let us assume for a moment this is reversed. Like in an alternate universe or something. Let us say you have asked me out onto a first date (go me!!!). I want to know what you'd plan, where you'd take me, what we'd do, etc.

The purpose behind this is 1) I am bored, and this sounds fun, 2) I think sometimes guys just assume all girls want dinner and a movie. This puts YOU in charge, and lets us know what you like to do.

=)

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have done that before in the really-real world. I take into account his interests and mine though (if I'm being selfless, I consider his more). I don't know you well enough to plan a date.

Well, just any guy then. :p I want to see what you all have in mind.

And I didn't know if it was real common for girls to plan dates or not. Where I am from, it is very UNCOMMON. It makes the guy seem weak or something. I don't know, really.

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Well, just any guy then. :p I want to see what you all have in mind.

And I didn't know if it was real common for girls to plan dates or not. Where I am from, it is very UNCOMMON. It makes the guy seem weak or something. I don't know, really.

I think a healthy blend of both people planning events or dates is ideal; at least, for me it is. I don't like to feel like I have to think everything out all the time, but I do definitely like having to share that task. It can be fun. :) But, I do agree on some note that a man who needs a woman to plan things all the time is probably weak-willed/spineless/lazy.

If the guy is a sports nut: basketball tickets, golf outing (gah, I'd have to love the guy.. immensely), football game, [insert sport here] tailgating/house party

If the guy is more intellectual: art gallery showing (yeyyyy!), political briefs/meetings

If he's a music freak: CONCERT!!/symphony, jazz afternoon, dance outing

If he's into nature: camping, afternoon/evening hike, day at the beach

If he's spontaneous: ROAD TRIP!!!

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Since the roles are reversed I would you take you into the kitchen and have you make me a sandwich. Sounds like a good date to me. Easy on the mayo please.

But the real question is: Would you want him to wear an apron and high heels?

Wait, no it's not. That's not even a question. Of course he would! :doh:

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But the real question is: Would you want him to wear an apron and high heels?

Wait, no it's not. That's not even a question. Of course he would! :doh:

I got this one covered:

74296_715881076725_30411024_38927627_6519508_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Haha.
I would have to force them to go to the natural history museum. It has a tea room (food, drink, sorted), it has exhibits (something to look at, done), and if it goes horribly wrong the tube is relatively close by for a quick escape.
Perfect.

I have organised dates to the zoo. I'm just that cool.

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
:D Great pic!!!

I haven't asked anyone on a date before, but when I've helped plan dates I've always nixed the movies. I hate movies on a first date because on a first date you're supposed to get to know the guy, and in a theater there's no talking allowed. Lunch or dinner is good, someplace casual enough that you're comfortable but nice enough that you don't have to yell to each other to be heard. Plus, with a lunch date, you're less likely to encounter an awkward goodnight kiss :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First date would be dinner then Starbucks.

Any dates after that would be dinner, movie, Starbucks ;)

With a random mixture of mini golf, paintball, roller skating, canoeing, walks downtown, comedy shows and arcades thrown in for grins and giggles.

The only thing I REFUSE to do is bowl. If a guy wanted to take me bowling, it would be a deal breaker. I hate bowling.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
First date would be dinner then Starbucks.

Any dates after that would be dinner, movie, Starbucks ;)

With a random mixture of mini golf, paintball, roller skating, canoeing, walks downtown, comedy shows and arcades thrown in for grins and giggles.

The only thing I REFUSE to do is bowl. If a guy wanted to take me bowling, it would be a deal breaker. I hate bowling.

I am mostly there with you about bowling. It can MAYBE be fun for like half a game, and then about the 5 frame of me sucking, I lose all interest. Grr. I hate thee, bowling.

Upvote 0

MehTeh

Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
✟15,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't asked anyone on a date before, but when I've helped plan dates I've always nixed the movies. I hate movies on a first date because on a first date you're supposed to get to know the guy, and in a theater there's no talking allowed. Lunch or dinner is good, someplace casual enough that you're comfortable but nice enough that you don't have to yell to each other to be heard. Plus, with a lunch date, you're less likely to encounter an awkward goodnight kiss :doh:

Are you going to suggest alternatives to him if he suggests one of these? Or is it an instant write-off for daring to pick an innocuous activity that you don't like? :)

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you going to suggest alternatives to him if he suggests one of these? Or is it an instant write-off for daring to pick an innocuous activity that you don't like? :)

I would really have to be a... shrew.... if I wrote off a guy for suggesting bowling.

No, I would say to him that I don't care for it and could we do something else. And if he likes to bowl, I would be all for him doing a guys night out or join a league. As long as he didn't expect me participate, its all gravy.

But I have met guys who insist that if they love something, you should too. And that to me is obnoxious.

Reactions: MehTeh
Upvote 0