Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
1Cr 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1Cr 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1Cr 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1Cr 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

1Cr 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also [is] Christ.

yes i believe the gifts of the spirit are today. just like i believe that God IS, i believe his dispenasation of Spiritual Gifts ARE... regardless of whether i have seen them all with my own eyes, or completely comprehend them all in my own finite mind!

Upvote 0
I think all the gifts are manifest today. But still the sovereignity of God still remains; it is not set aside even after the Holy Spirit empowers us.

However, I doubt that God will allow any of His current disciples to perform a miracle in front of CNN or under the scrutiny of the world's media.

If that was God's plan, He would have Jesus go to the Collosieum at Rome and start his ministry from there.

On a side issue, I do believe that one day Satan will perform "miracles" in front of the world only to decieve them.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Do you think the gifts of the Spirit are still operating today?
And if so, which ones?

All the gifts are operating today. We would not even be Christians if we did not have all of the fruit and some of the gifts of the Holy Spirit produced in us and in our lives.

Upvote 0
Good reply John. And as a moderator of this forum, I take the pleasure of saying Welcome to the PETCA forum.

May God bless your reading of this forum and may He help you to discern the good from the bad.

:)

God bless,

YM

Originally posted by JohnR7
>>Do you think the gifts of the Spirit are still operating today?
And if so, which ones?

All the gifts are operating today. We would not even be Christians if we did not have all of the fruit and some of the gifts of the Holy Spirit produced in us and in our lives.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>I doubt that God will allow any of His current disciples to perform a miracle in front of CNN or under the scrutiny of the world's media.

I really don't think that CNN is much interested in representing God and what He is doing in the world today. It could be that God is not interested in useing them either. But there is no question in my mind, that He wants to use us to give a witness and a testimony for Him, and show a demonstration of His power.

We have all the authority that Jesus had, when He was here and alive and walked this earth. He left us what that authority, so we can do everything He did, and more. Because we will have more of the power of God working in and though us, then even the early church had. Even Moses taught us that the latter rain, will be greater than the early rain.

The early church got the gospel out to the whole world in 33 years. Even if they just planted the seeds. There is no reason why we can not get the true gospel out to the very ends of the world today. I am sure there are people who are hungry for God for deliverance and healing if nothing else. This final harvest will be the grestest ever in the vast numbers of people who will come to God and come to a saving Knowledge of the truth. We are so very close to the day, when the wheat and the tares will be seperated and are already starting to be seperated.

Matthew 13:49
So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just,

By age, Jesus was meaning the church age, or the age of grace, that we currently are living in. Some call it a dispensation. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.